02/28 - Crazy Wonderland Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHkerriokey

Reaction score
Most of the people I know that sell ColorStreet just have a Facebook group to show pictures and do giveaways/free samples, and then a shopping link that they can refer people to. You don't always have to party. Or, have a host or hostess do that for you :wink:
Thanks, I'm pretty excited even if I'm not a successful salesperson. I've never consistently had my nails so nice! :)

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm pretty excited even if I'm not a successful salesperson. I've never consistently had my nails so nice! :)
i'm really not trying to be a debbie downer or anything, but just be really careful. Colorstreet is a MLM and you can easily go into debt because of it.

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Not worth it, even with the "potential bonus".

Title: Answer a Survey and add numbers (about 15 min) | PANDA
Requester: Jason Dana [A2LBQRNT1ZHWB1] (Contact) (Req TV): N/A
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
You'll be asked to read instructions, add up numbers, and then answer a few questions. Works only in Firefox or Chrome.
Time: 55 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Study3 DoesNotExist ~!~/qualifications/3J8DVFKT52KB73QI6HGS4LZ8LWOYOR/request; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US;

13-14 minutes, math.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
i'm really not trying to be a debbie downer or anything, but just be really careful. Colorstreet is a MLM and you can easily go into debt because of it.
Yes, this. I think the only reason to join a MLM is if it's saving you money in the long run (the discount/commission outweighs how much you were spending on the product previously and also pays for your startup/maintenance.) Also, be able to get out at no cost to you. Fads come and go. BUT, that said, good luck to you!!

JHkerriokey

Reaction score
MLM? Oh yeah the pyramidy parts.... I do hate that because I'm not going to "move forward" very well. I have no intentions of getting friends and family to sign on under me. I just really like the nails cute art and stuff.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
MLM? Oh yeah the pyramidy parts.... I do hate that because I'm not going to "move forward" very well. I have no intentions of getting friends and family to sign on under me. I just really like the nails cute art and stuff.
as long as you go into it knowing it's a pyramid scheme or whatever I think you'll be fine :) it just sucks when they sucker people into it who have no idea

cassius

Reaction score
as long as you go into it knowing it's a pyramid scheme or whatever I think you'll be fine :) it just sucks when they sucker people into it who have no idea
As long as you know pyramid scams are illegal it's okay. The only really truly pyramid scam that doesn't get challenged by the IRS is wait for it ... Social Security.

JCGrey

Contributor
Reaction score
Last edited:
Reactions: WarmPotato

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yes, just stay aware of any changes in policy, violations, fees, etc. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions so we don't take up the work thread :wink:

Reactions: themildone

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
As long as you know pyramid scams are illegal it's okay. The only really truly pyramid scam that doesn't get challenged by the IRS is wait for it ... Social Security.
i still don't understand how things like LulaRoe, Lipsense, Rodan & Fields (or whatever that one's called) etc. aren't considered pyramid schemes by the law's definition. it doesn't make any sense because they obviously are.

Reactions: Kliq and DareAngel3

cassius

Reaction score
i still don't understand how things like LulaRoe, Lipsense, Rodan & Fields (or whatever that one's called) etc. aren't considered pyramid schemes by the law's definition. it doesn't make any sense because they obviously are.
I think some might sort of win the IRS question. But when I was married to an IRS person I heard a lot about pyramid scams and to avoid them. Amway is one but it is one that gets away with it. Probably depends on the lobbyists.

cassius

Reaction score
Aren't some party companies like Mary Kay I think always did this - they let you take a percentage of the party immediately out of the payments. Somehow I think that cuts down a lot on suspicion.

Kliq

Reaction score

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I love supporting women and SAHMs, but at the same time, I think they're mostly getting taken advantage of and digging themselves a hole, so it's a blurry line. But I have several savvy friends who knew what they were getting into and they do well. Not all the companies are terrible crooks, but it'll be interesting to see if any of them have any longevity.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I love supporting women and SAHMs, but at the same time, I think they're mostly getting taken advantage of and digging themselves a hole, so it's a blurry line. But I have several savvy friends who knew what they were getting into and they do well. Not all the companies are terrible crooks, but it'll be interesting to see if any of them have any longevity.
I was wanting to do IT Works before I started turking and when I looked into it more it just didn't seem profitable for me.
Turking is enough for this sahm. I make $100 a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.