02/28 - Crazy Wonderland Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHkerriokey

Reaction score
I once went to a small craft fair - about 12 or so tables. No less than 4 of them were women selling Lularoe. People were buying from the woman closest to the door, but no one had any interest in the other three. Depressing. If you have the skills to market yourself I imagine you can do quite well with these sorts of businesses, but the market is so saturated right now that you really have to be exceptional to stand out and really make a go of it.

On the flip side, if you put in the time you can learn some great skills that you can roll into other areas as well. Just like anything else in life, you get what you put in.

(says the person who grinds out surveys for $6 an hour on a regular basis...)
When I first started thinking about doing it (a good month ago) I did a search on their site and it brought up no stylists in my area! I'm hopeful.

ItsAmyTee

Corgo
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
When I first started thinking about doing it (a good month ago) I did a search on their site and it brought up no stylists in my area! I'm hopeful.
I live in a pretty rural area, so my experience probably isn't representative. Sounds like you're off to a good start!

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
As long as you know pyramid scams are illegal it's okay. The only really truly pyramid scam that doesn't get challenged by the IRS is wait for it ... Social Security.
Well, that scheme works pretty well for me. I'd probably be dead by now without it. :)

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
Ok Partay People, I need ya'll to do ALL the Tej's so they will stop clogging up my Hit Finder, or else I'm gonna have to go spend the $8.75 I've made thus far on Dunkin Donuts......

Reactions: sweetpea0678

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
Good morning, everyone.

My alarm clock woke me up as I was doing a HIT in my dreams. Wouldn't you know it had writing in it, and it expired before I was able to submit it.

What is even real anymore?
One of the strangest things I've read here. :)

alk69

Reaction score
The famous pyramids curse that sentences you to work in a shitty platform for pennies on the dollar and posting as various different ridiculous personas.

Knock on wood that never happens to me, it sounds nightmarish.
As long as you know your place in the afterlife, it's all good.....well, maybe not good good, but ok good....er, well maybe not, since you'd haveta be dead....this seems to be going downhill.

Reactions: Pleco

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
When my mother was in her 20's she sold Tupperware. I'm going to have a real sit down and do her nails Thursday :)

Thank you all for taking the time to just chit chat.
thanks for being open to a discussion about it...I've noticed that a lot of people who get involved in this kind of thing get pretty defensive about it, just because they need the money so badly. I was worried about saying something but I'm glad you took it well :) I hope it works out for you!

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: (Males only please). Study of attitudes. About 10 min or less. | Accept
Requester: Eric Levy [A2ZGFFU53PGAD6] Contact
TO: [Pay: 2.97] [Fast: 4.81] [Comm: 3.40] [Fair: 4.81] [Reviews: 35] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.60
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: (Males only please). Academic study of people's attitudes toward various things. About 10 min or less.
Requirements: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.13
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Veltora Otew

alk69

Reaction score
Good morning, everyone.

My alarm clock woke me up as I was doing a HIT in my dreams. Wouldn't you know it had writing in it, and it expired before I was able to submit it.

What is even real anymore?
Sounds real to me--'cept I don't have an alarm clock. I just usually let my nightmares wake me.

Reactions: Leon Powalski

Persephone78

Drive By Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Psychological learning study: Predicting the behavior of others (~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Online Research Studies [A27CNW4L89VKTU] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $9.40] [Pay: 3.40] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.26] [Fast: 4.91] [Comm: 4.26] [Fair: 4.63] [Reviews: 89] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $8.89] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.50
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 3
Description: In this study you will observe behaviors and make judgments. (ca 40 min)
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [560133934-76437] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
what happens if I got a duplicate TEJ...?

Status
Not open for further replies.