Votes: 27 17.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I want to donate to the forum. If I do it from the donate button up top, does that give me the 'special' features of the forum?
I jsut have to notice the donations and activate it, but yes if you donate you get special perks :)

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
As a parent I often wonder why my parents made the decisions they did.

Like, if I was on the phone and they wanted me off, no warning. Mom just walked up and pushed down the button on the receiver at the far end of that long cord I had stretched to my bedroom. Suddenly I was talking, suddenly the line was dead. :shrug:
Or they would just pick up the phone and start talking ...

cassius

Reaction score
Well we know how this goes.

There’s no estimate on when service will be restored, but Amazon says it is “actively working on remediating the issue.”

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Um, are we/any of you able to HITs at all?
I just caught a Dermot and it's just a blank white screen..
AFAIK accepting is fine, and you can do hits that aren't hosted on amazon servers.

Reactions: jml and SweetiePuff

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
you guys i'm missing a $120 transfer from my amazon payments to my bank because of a weird $1,000 monthly limit that my online savings account has (Barclays). the transfer is marked completed on amazon payments side and there is a transfer on either end (one before and one after) that did appear in my account. however this one is missing and i got this email message today:

This is a notification that an item on your account has been returned and a $5 fee has been charged. Please log in to your account to view the details.

but the weird thing is that my online account isn't reflecting any fee (but is missing the $120 "completed" transfer, and a transfer made 2 days after that is in the account). what is going on and am i out $120? ugh. i have other accounts linked i can transfer it to, but didn't realize i had reached my limit this month. the limit is to offer a higher interest rate (which is kinda BS, it's only 1% anyway). ok, rant mostly over, but where my money??

jml

Midnight Marauder
Reaction score
AFAIK accepting is fine, and you can do hits that aren't hosted on amazon servers.
Yeah. I was disappointed when I found out I can still do certain batches, I was hoping I'd be able to go into guilt-free :bode: mode

Reactions: kryss and Jaded

T. Leela

Oh Lord...
Contributor
Reaction score
oops
Or they would just pick up the phone and start talking ...

My dad would think it was hilarious to come in the room after I was off the phone
and just start repeating half the conversation back to me.
Wouldn't admit to listening on his phone of course.

Man I am just seriously way too easy on my kids! With all the showing basic human decency and stuff.

Last edited:

cassius

Reaction score
Unfortunately, there’s always ghosts in the machine, and downtime is inevitable.

Ghosts in the machine? Hey they're talking about us. Well, the ghosts are getting ready to haunt.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
you guys i'm missing a $120 transfer from my amazon payments to my bank because of a weird $1,000 monthly limit that my online savings account has (Barclays). the transfer is marked completed on amazon payments side and there is a transfer on either end (one before and one after) that did appear in my account. however this one is missing and i got this email message today:

This is a notification that an item on your account has been returned and a $5 fee has been charged. Please log in to your account to view the details.

but the weird thing is that my online account isn't reflecting any fee (but is missing the $120 "completed" transfer, and a transfer made 2 days after that is in the account). what is going on and am i out $120? ugh. i have other accounts linked i can transfer it to, but didn't realize i had reached my limit this month. the limit is to offer a higher interest rate (which is kinda BS, it's only 1% anyway). ok, rant mostly over, but where my money??
If it just happened it's probably still hanging around in between both places and will show up back in amazon in a few days.

disclaimer: If it's already been a few days since the return notice, maybe contact payments?

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

I would direct that question to your financial institution ... they may be better able to help :( Hope it gets resolved for you.

Reactions: bxpretzel

Barbwire

Averagely-known member
Contributor
Reaction score

sounds like something to contact amazon payments directly about

if the money got sent back to amazon payments it might take a little time to show up there again I would assume

Reactions: bxpretzel and Jaded

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
oops

My dad would think it was hilarious to come in the room after I was off the phone
and just start repeating half the conversation back to me.

Man I am just seriously way too easy on my kids! With all the showing basic human decency and stuff.
Today's kids will never experience that awesome feeling of picking up the phone to call your bestie and they were already on the line because ... they just called you (except the phone didn't get a chance to ring before you answered it)!

Status
Not open for further replies.