03/09 - Think Twice Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
I think that most males would enjoy beauty products, though. Even current trends in marketing point out that men also want to take care of their skin, among other things. If they had the option and weren't raised to think it was womanly (or gay), you can't convince me that most men would not buy and use more products. And I'm not stereotyping, because I also fully acknowledge that there are plenty of women who don't enjoy beauty products, either. I just know that current numbers are significantly skewed because of societal pressure. I also majored in cultural anthropology, so this is not something that I'll concede. :p I don't believe in many inherent differences among males and females. Too much evidence points in this direction.
you went astray as soon as you used the word "most" connected to "men" in relation to the rest of your comments.

Timuks

Bonjorno
Reaction score
There's no one doing Alegion tagging hits. I'm putting tags then reviewing my own work :\

EDIT: Hard to be objective.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yungskell

LlamaRhama

Party Llama
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
There's no one doing Alegion tagging hits. I'm putting tags then reviewing my own work :\
That's how the HITS went last week for the conceptual images. Took forever for those batches to die. But I'm glad I got them because they saved me last week.

Reactions: Timuks and Peachy

Yatagarasu

all up in the videos, all on the records, dancin'
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Annotating Urban Sounds | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: SONYCNYU [A3JTQE42VM1965] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 3.62] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 3.67] [Fast: 4.75] [Reviews: 16] [ToS: 0]
Description:
This HIT has been generated as a part of a study being conducted by researchers at New York University. The objectives of the research study is to study how different types of feedback affect the way that people annotate audio clips. ONE HIT ONLY.
Time: 3 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $4.93
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Past Participants DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.14.9

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
That's how the HITS went last week for the conceptual images. Took forever for those batches to die. But I'm glad I got them because they saved me last week.
i miss those hits already

Reactions: LlamaRhama

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
you went astray as soon as you used the word "most" connected to "men" in relation to the rest of your comments.
That's why I said "I think". At that point, I was asserting a personal opinion. Factually, I would have said "a lot". But shh. I don't want to get yelled at. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Peachy and Blue

jenaling

Who?
Contributor
Reaction score

EDIT: Hard to be objective.
Well apparently almost no one did well enough to get the qual so you might be stuck doing that. Can you develop a split personality?

Reactions: Timuks

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
That's what I said "I think". At that point, I was asserting a personal opinion. Factually, I would have said "a lot". But shh. I don't want to get yelled at. :p
yeah the mods are really snappy most times

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
I think that most males would enjoy beauty products, though. Even current trends in marketing point out that men also want to take care of their skin, among other things. If they had the option and weren't raised to think it was womanly (or gay), you can't convince me that most men would not buy and use more products. And I'm not stereotyping, because I also fully acknowledge that there are plenty of women who don't enjoy beauty products, either. I just know that current numbers are significantly skewed because of societal pressure. I also majored in cultural anthropology, so this is not something that I'll concede. :p I don't believe in many inherent differences among males and females. Too much evidence points in this direction.
for me, beauty products just seem... boring.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
yeah the mods are really snappy most times
It's okay, I understand why. If people get mad at each other, or other people jump all over it, I have no doubt that it can escalate very quickly. Thanks for understanding and being willing to talk, though.

Reactions: Peachy
Status
Not open for further replies.