03/11 - Spring Forward Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
I get what you're saying. There are times where I'm really upset about a batch I like being posted on a forum because I feel like I'll get less of it. But I feel like for a community like this to be sustainable, we just kinda have to expect that things will be posted from time to time. What I don't like is when people are told to fuck off basically for asking for help, or when people are berated for posting a certain HIT. I think it just encourages a toxic atmosphere where no one wants to help each other, which goes against everything that these forums are supposed to be.
This isn't very on brand, ave.

Reactions: aveline

InfiniteChanges

Hiding In Your Ceiling
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Record phrases in English | PANDA
Requester: Login Fluent [AM17MP4TZD7FP] (Req TV): $11.35/hr
(TO): [Pay: 3.75] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: 4.33] [Fast: 5.00]
Description:
Read commands out loud
Time: 8 hour(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

6-7 minutes, microphone needed.

Reactions: Azazael

Devil_Dawg

Marine, Husband, Father, Grand Father
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Academic Study(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Research Group [A2S2MAHER3SV7] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.38 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.69 Generosity
★★★★ 4.64 Fairness
★★★★ 4.66 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 170 | TOS Flags: 5
Submit a new TO review
Description: 20 minute study for $2.60. This study is being conducted for academic research. Read a scenario and answer some questions about your reactions. You will also be asked to answer some basic math problems.
Time: 5400
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $2.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100;Exc: [1143794899-77459] DoesNotExist ;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80;Location In US

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 223

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 227
- Number of HITs rejected: 1
- Bonus reward earned: $17.64
- HIT reward earned: $119.77
- Total Amount earned this week: $137.41

turkenator

━╤デ╦︻(▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)
Contributor
Reaction score
A goodly amount of what I've learned of turking, I learned on forums. And even more important, most of what I've learned about using a computer, I learned from the very accommodating members of these various forums. Remember, some of us didn't grow up linked to a computer, with a cellular device plugged into our ears. When I went to UT Austin we were allowed to use slide rules, not calculators. The computers were housed in the basement of the tower building and looked like big grey chest freezers. Not something you could carry on you. This is a learning chance and should not be used merely to make money for the chosen few. And before you point out that I'm not much of a poster of HITs, please know that I'm slow and by the time I've even decided it's a goody, it's been posted 6 times. And besides, I don't post about what I haven't done. To me a posting is a already vetted work. I do try to say something about certain fancy stuff and give my opinion if I think it'd be helpful....but I will say thanks to those who have been helpful to me...and to those like me out there.

I, too, learned quite a lot about how to turk from forums like this one. But I did it mostly by lurking and absorbing, searching and researching. Not by coming to the daily thread and posting something like, "Hey guys, can I get a panda for the best batch up right now?"

Of course, I am not saying it is a good idea to be rude or short with questions like that, but I think there is something to be said for teaching to fish versus giving a fish.

redtokyoboxers

the güero you cannot sweat-o
Contributor
Champion
Reaction score
The following is a summary of activity for your Mechanical Turk account for the week ending Mar 10, 2018.

Your HIT activity for this week:
- Number of HITs submitted: 518

Approvals and payments that occurred this week:
- Number of HITs approved: 500
- Number of HITs rejected: 0
- Bonus reward earned: $1.05
- HIT reward earned: $46.01
- Total Amount earned this week: $47.06
I am not a very hard worker.

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
Catching up on the thread and adding my two cents. :D

a way to make a good batch into a shitty batch, is announce it
I honestly don't think it makes all that much difference either way. Just yesterday a great batch went up, no one announced it here, and still its thousands of hits were gone within like ten minutes. I just don't think that many turkers who don't look for themselves lurk around waiting for batch announcements.

Those who make +$100, can you give me general tips. Is it closed qual stuff, or just hard work at sub-dollar hits?
Turk is a slow and steep learning curve. It takes a LOT of patience at first. I mean even years of patience before things really click sometimes. But generally, it's getting quals, getting masters, using turk scripts from like greasyfork, learning and using panda catchers and hit finders, waiting around and being ready to jump when good hits do show up, learning to quickly tell good hits from bad, the ability to work through boredom and the ability to grind grind grind.

Treat it as you would a full time job. Know when to dick around, and when to focus. If you're hooked on gaming or mmos, then you're SOL. Be able to identify a good batch from a bad one, and pay no mind to the concept of "scared money" until after it bites you in the ass. Eat your greens, wheaties and soylent green.

And even after all that, hope that you don't burn yourself out by the next week and end up negating everything you've done the week before.
The only thing I'd qualify on your advice is that I wouldn't advise playing the scared money game until someone has enough approved hits to weather a bad blow since a load of rejections early on can ruin someone's account.

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Psychology survey on emotions | PANDA
Requester: IASLab [A29HTCM5R2NSUQ] (Contact)
TV: [Hrly: $7.13] [Pay: 2.17] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.20] [Fast: 3.50] [Comm: 2.53] [Fair: 3.66] [Reviews: 43] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Duration:
1 hour
Available: 38
Reward: $1.85
Description:
You will be asked to rate how a number of different people are feeling based on a picture and scenario description.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: sudilly and Kliq

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about lawn maintenance (US lawn-owners only!) ~10-15' | Accept
Requester: DIRK VOELKER [A2CP5WS8XR93IQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $11.71] [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO:
No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $1.35
Duration: 40 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Participants from USA only!!! You need to own a lawn in order to qualify for this survey!!!
Requirements: Masters Exists; Location EqualTo US; Respondent LaaS DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.16
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Kliq

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Academic Study(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Research Group [A2S2MAHER3SV7] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $13.69] [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 4.50] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.69] [Fast: 4.66] [Comm: 4.38] [Fair: 4.64] [Reviews: 170] [ToS: 5]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 1]
Reward:
$2.60
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: 20 minute study for $2.60. This study is being conducted for academic research. Read a scenario and answer some questions about your reactions. You will also be asked to answer some basic math problems.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [1143794899-77459] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.1.16
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Is this from Broad City or some other show with him in it? The first season of Broad City is hilarious. The restaurant ep is one of the funniest things ever. I need to catch up on the other seasons.
Broad City! It only gets better after the first season.

Status
Not open for further replies.