Not open for further replies.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Play a game!(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Krosch Lab [A24RK7QQFRUIT3] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.09] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.86] [Fast=4.67] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.78] [Reviews=26] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: Looking for U.S. residents to play a short game and answer some questions about the game and themselves.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

ChrisTurk

Reaction score
I don't use TV so I'm not really sure what or how a change could be implemented. I am generally opposed to a requester, specifically an academic researcher conducting a survey, thinking they are paying well, or thinking they are paying above minimum wage, when most people on here full time are making less than 400 per week. If a survey pays $2.00 for 10 minutes it is absolutely NOT paying $12.00 per hour because before the survey starts and after it ends will usually be unpaid time. You can use your website/blog/extension as you see fit but I would prefer there not be feedback given to the requester that they are giving us an hourly wage when they are not.
Hmm, I 100% understand your POV here. But I don't know a simpler way to present information both to workers & requesters. I think it should be common sense that if a researcher is only asking for 5 minutes of your time, they know fairly well once that time is up they're no longer paying you.. so that seems like implicit knowledge but maybe not.. I don't know how I'd stretch that to a way that does makes sense though.. it'd require us being contracted to some overarching entity at an actual hourly wage and just sitting around doing a queue of surveys if/as they rolled through to be a purely proper "hourly wage" metric

I actually had wanted to ask researchers to never post an IRB approved study less than $1 for beliefs similar to this actually. I fucking HATE 20c surveys I have to open qualtrics for even if they are only 1-2 pages, so damn do I empathize with this but I am legitimately not smart enough to think of a better way given what I'm working with in MTurk lol.

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Study on personal beliefs(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Keith Wilcox [AR5F0794M07F] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.68] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=2.33] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=3.50] [Reviews=7] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 20:00
Description: you will be asked questions about your beliefs about yourself and others (4 min).

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: A survey that will pay you $.40(~ 4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: MPM Lab [A1J6SU6ZXAXNU1] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.14] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.59] [Fast=3.84] [Comm=2.26] [Fair=4.38] [Reviews=125] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 30:00
Available: 67
Description: opinion survey
Qualifications: Total approved HITs LessThanOrEqualTo 50000; Exc: [203687-203098] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: News Headline Evaluation(~ 16 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Jerry [A2LATJUCPTIGEM] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.76] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.05
Duration: 45:00
Available: 4
Description: The project asks participants to evaluate news headline and judge whether the headline is describe a true event. The participants also complete some other simple tasks.

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Okies... My daughter's 3rd birthday is in May. I need to make some serious cash for her party and havent made crap lately.. I have my Masters so someone point me in the right direction.... Cuz if her bday gets ruined again this year I will cry :(

Reactions: themildone

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Okies... My daughter's 3rd birthday is in May. I need to make some serious cash for her party and havent made crap lately.. I have my Masters so someone point me in the right direction.... Cuz if her bday gets ruined again this year I will cry :(
ugh kid birthday parties are so stressful. Don't let it get you down, just remind yourself she probably won't even remember it when she's older. At least that's what I tell myself anyway lol

Reactions: C to the J

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
sell your Masters? :shrug:

themildone @themildone the daughter is going to be 3. She has to remember at some point soon but I think Kristina lucks out because materiality hasn't been learned yet so I doubt her daughter is going to be asking questions about differences between her birthday and a friend's party for a few more years.

Last edited:

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
:wave: Howdy kids! Transformer blew in our neighborhood yesterday afternoon and I felt sure the end times had started. Hope everyone is doing well! ChrisTurk @ChrisTurk you need a new avatar still.
Glad you are back online! And he definitely needed to be called out on the avatar!

MinkyMona

Spooky Turk Ghost
Reaction score
Woo what a day. Had to go to three different stores to find toilet paper. All the oatmeal was gone at two Kroger stores for some reason. An old lady gave me a pat on the hand for letting her cut the line lol rip I guess. The entire state of KY is out of hand sanitizer yet there's a lot of hand soap wtf?

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Survey (~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: CSA_Evanston [A1KC5KFTR68Q8Q] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.88] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.67] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=12] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: A brief academic study

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, I 100% understand your POV here. But I don't know a simpler way to present information both to workers & requesters. I think it should be common sense that if a researcher is only asking for 5 minutes of your time, they know fairly well once that time is up they're no longer paying you.. so that seems like implicit knowledge but maybe not.. I don't know how I'd stretch that to a way that does makes sense though.. it'd require us being contracted to some overarching entity at an actual hourly wage and just sitting around doing a queue of surveys if/as they rolled through to be a purely proper "hourly wage" metric

I actually had wanted to ask researchers to never post an IRB approved study less than $1 for beliefs similar to this actually. I fucking HATE 20c surveys I have to open qualtrics for even if they are only 1-2 pages, so damn do I empathize with this but I am legitimately not smart enough to think of a better way given what I'm working with in MTurk lol.
Maybe just slap a disclaimer on there like "These numbers are just a tool to help workers visualize how worthy a HIT is to them, and by no means is an indication of actual paid or hourly wages"? :shrug:

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions on Posting images on SNSs.(10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: A1LSN48FGUTM59 [A1LSN48FGUTM59] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.61] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: We are conducting an academic survey about social network sites. Already taken another of my survey has not been granted. You must have a personal account on SNSs and an experience of posting photoes on SNSs. be 20 or older and a US Citizen.

Status
Not open for further replies.