03/12 - Thievish Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
Well here is the thing, her 1st birthday was just us, my mom who lives here and her dad came.. her dad has Aspergers and seemed to be having a day already. Then I went to cut Zoyas nails cuz she was scratching herself and I cut a gash in her finger and she bled all over her birthday skirt.. Her dad flipped out on me and walked out on her bday Zoya was left crying for her daddy and 8 hours later the finger stopped bleeding. Last year we held it at her paternal grandmother's house. the grandfather couldn't come cuz he was in the hospital recovering from surgery. And as soon as her uncle showed up with her twin cousins he started complaining the wouldn't be staying long cuz one of the girls was tired or some BS. They ended up leaving before I even started grilling cuz the grandfather called from the hospital and wanted his meds from home cuz the dr wouldn't give him them. Zoya never got a nap fell asleep before dinner and it was so freaking hot turned out the flowers of gum paste I hand made melted all over the cake and it looked like it was murdered by a rainbow.

My daughter is Autistic and doesnt have any friends.. she has seriously high verbal but her socialization and motor skills are lacking. So when she got kicked out of her ballet studio for being Autistic I joined MyGym and in 3 months she is socializing and playing with other children and has friends there. So I decided I am having her birthday there, all I have to do is pay for it buy a decoration set off Amazon and deal with her cake and outfit. The staff there do everything else and entertain the kids. And we love them like family. However its expensive. But as a later in life mama and all the birthday past guilt I am going for, deposit has been made.
I know its a long rant but now you see where my anxiety is coming from <3

She is precious!!!

• Love
Reactions: Kristina M Greer

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Well here is the thing, her 1st birthday was just us, my mom who lives here and her dad came.. her dad has Aspergers and seemed to be having a day already. Then I went to cut Zoyas nails cuz she was scratching herself and I cut a gash in her finger and she bled all over her birthday skirt.. Her dad flipped out on me and walked out on her bday Zoya was left crying for her daddy and 8 hours later the finger stopped bleeding. Last year we held it at her paternal grandmother's house. the grandfather couldn't come cuz he was in the hospital recovering from surgery. And as soon as her uncle showed up with her twin cousins he started complaining the wouldn't be staying long cuz one of the girls was tired or some BS. They ended up leaving before I even started grilling cuz the grandfather called from the hospital and wanted his meds from home cuz the dr wouldn't give him them. Zoya never got a nap fell asleep before dinner and it was so freaking hot turned out the flowers of gum paste I hand made melted all over the cake and it looked like it was murdered by a rainbow.

My daughter is Autistic and doesnt have any friends.. she has seriously high verbal but her socialization and motor skills are lacking. So when she got kicked out of her ballet studio for being Autistic I joined MyGym and in 3 months she is socializing and playing with other children and has friends there. So I decided I am having her birthday there, all I have to do is pay for it buy a decoration set off Amazon and deal with her cake and outfit. The staff there do everything else and entertain the kids. And we love them like family. However its expensive. But as a later in life mama and all the birthday past guilt I am going for, deposit has been made.
I know its a long rant but now you see where my anxiety is coming from <3

aw man that does sound like a lot. I can definitely see where the anxiety is coming from. You got this, mama <3 It sounds like you're going all-out so just try to stay calm (easier said than done, I know)

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
aw man that does sound like a lot. I can definitely see where the anxiety is coming from. You got this, mama <3 It sounds like you're going all-out so just try to stay calm (easier said than done, I know)
I am trying. I asked her what kind of birthday does she want and she said Kitty Cats LOL... So that should be easy enough. I have made friends with someone on Facebook who does professional cakes and she is going to help me with mine to make sure the same disaster doesn't happen as last year LOL.. So it's pretty much all about the money now.. That and I want to make her dress but I still need to buy the fabric... Sigh I need to win the lotto Haha

Last edited:

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Nine part English language study - Part 2(~ 20 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Briana Chang [A1PDD7NNUS1A84] [TurkerView]
Description: Complete 4-9 English language activities through April 16th - Part 2
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $5.00
Qualifications:
  • Inc: [19-202982] Exist
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100
  • Exc: [203571-202982] DoesNotExis
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
HIT Time: 7 min, 01 sec
Catchability: Great
Pros: Part 2 of possible 9.
Cons: Writing.

Last edited:

HelloHello

Reaction score
I was all bummed out because I hadn't received my ínvitation email to my Live Validately Interview today and I figured it was canceled or there had been a glitch in the confirmation process so I emailed them and it turns out it was in my SPAM folder! I would have been heartbroken to have missed it!

Reactions: Blakkat and Liz

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Imagination and Mind Association Study(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Dr. A. Lee [A3OKC8IUHJP8B6] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$12.07] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.20] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.55
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: We are interested in how people use imagination, and make associations of different things in mind.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Thoughts about hookah ads (Paid screener with possible $3.00 bonus)(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Camilla Sanders [A3C3O3QNIQ7093] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.98] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.20] [Fast=4.33] [Comm=3.00] [Fair=4.20] [Reviews=8] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.05
Duration: 50:00
Available: 1
Description: Give feedback on hookah ads
Qualifications: Exc: [-1667364120-202799] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location In US

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Opinion survey (6-8 minutes)(~ 7 minutes) | Accept
Requester: The Wharton School [ABIUW8FBC3EE7] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.32] [Pay=Good] [Approval=1-3 days] [Comm=Good] [Rej=4] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.64] [Fast=4.52] [Comm=3.93] [Fair=4.56] [Reviews=505] [ToS=2]
Reward: 0.70
Duration: 45:00
Available: 1
Description: Opinion survey (6-8 minutes)
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [-2044495520-203138] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | Accept
Requester: Lab for Social Research [AUIV2U68T1REV] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.40] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.38] [Fast=4.04] [Comm=2.67] [Fair=4.46] [Reviews=56] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.00
Available: 8
Description: 15 minute survey that pays $2

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Psychology Experiment — Johns Hopkins | Accept
Requester: Perception Mind [A21N9WU173WDNH] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$7.93] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=2.04] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=3.67] [Fair=4.60] [Reviews=28] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.20
Available: 0
Description: Choose the beat you like! (10 min)

kidstokes

Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Scott Bokemper for work related to 3Q2T3FD0ON83M9X99JTOFYMALOZ3MU.
The value of your bonus is: $0.73 USD

The Requester included this note:
Thank you for your careful work on our HIT.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

Sincerely,
Amazon Mechanical Turk

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Rating Task in Different Scenarios(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Sinué Salgado [A3OKC5SI2SMS8S] [TurkerView]
Description: The purpose of this study is to understand how specific situational contexts affect the way we evaluate the relevance of particular sets of information.
Duration: ~60min
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications:
  • 6cb2e435 DoesNotExis
  • Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500
  • HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95
  • Location In US
HIT Time: 6 min, 52 sec
Catchability: Okay

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I am trying. I asked her what kind of birthday does she want and she said Kitty Cats LOL... So that should be easy enough. I have made friends with someone on Facebook who does professional cakes and she is going to help me with mine to make sure the same disaster doesn't happen as last year LOL.. So it's pretty much all about the money now.. That and I want to make her dress but I still need to buy the fabric... Sigh I need to win the lotto Haha
if you do I get a cut for giving you a pep talk, right? right??

• Love
Reactions: Kristina M Greer

KatieinPGH

*Wants Masters*
Reaction score
A quick tip, because it seems like no matter how long you've been turking, it can be easy to forget. Go back a couple pages and check for missed hits. I had 2, a $3 and a $2.50 from 1 day and 3 days ago that I did pre-screeners for and the requesters never emailed so it got lost in the pack while doing batches.

Status
Not open for further replies.