Not open for further replies.

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
1:25 (no code given)

Title: Consumer Decision Survey - 2-3 minutes | AcceptA
Requester: Katja Cunningham [AF2VH5CBTDE95] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $29.19] [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.17] [Fast: 4.20] [Comm: 2.33] [Fair: 4.20] [Reviews: 21] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $9.00] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.30
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 1
Description: Read about a shopping situation
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Answer a sruvey about employment preferences, 5 min max!! | PANDA
Requester: Bhall [A3AQ5A1I848E4Q] (Contact)
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 3.71] [Fast: 4.62] [Comm: 3.67] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 23] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Duration: 10 minutes
Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Description:
Give us your opinion about employment
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Completed First Repeated Loss Batch DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99

Reactions: aveline

Vanyanka

Thoroughbred of Sin
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: aveline

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I lived to see those dreams shattered, not one of my kids went to college. So sad
So did you get to use their college money for yourself :) ?

My baby is turning 14 soon and I'm pretty sure he's going to college at this point (we are planning his high school curriculum so he has the best chance to get into a good uni, so I think he's pretty serious).

I have told him if he doesn't go all that money I saved goes back to me, plus all the earnings, (minus the 529 penalty, but I'm fine with that).

Reactions: MarkC

TotalBabe

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My baby is turning 14 soon and I'm pretty sure he's going to college at this point (we are planning his high school curriculum so he has the best chance to get into a good uni, so I think he's pretty serious).
Encourage him to go to the best school he can get into (even if he has to borrow a lot of money). I could have gone to Columbia and passed it up. I ended up going to a good private school anyway, but I regret not going to Columbia.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I have to add that working more batches is paying off. Not just Zs.

Because of the desk job I'm not always available for batches, but I've been getting up earlier so I can catch some in the morning and working more at night. Plus I added some batch requesters back to HF.

I have 28892 total hits done (I started turking 3 years ago this July), and just under 10% of those have been done in the last 30 days.

I'm going to guess there is a strong correlation there between me meeting min monthly goal already and doing more batches and less surveys. Hope batches keep dropping when I can do them most effectively! (I'll never stop surveys, they kept me going this far and reliably post consistently.)

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Encourage him to go to the best school he can get into (even if he has to borrow a lot of money). I could have gone to Columbia and passed it up. I ended up going to a good private school anyway, but I regret not going to Columbia.
That is really good advice. I made the same mistake myself, not going to the best college into which I was accepted.

We are aiming for the best college for him. Being a single mom with a not very high income he qualifies for decent FA at many unis. Right now we are shooting for the UC system in California which is pretty good.

If we have to, he can go to community college for a couple of years and transfer into a university, but we hope to avoid that. One UC is within driving distance of where we live now, so he could get into that and save money by living at home and commuting 40 mins one way.

Just for fun I might have him apply with Stanford which also isn't that far from us. It's not daily driving distance, but my bff works there so he could, conceivably, crash at her place a couple of nights per week and commute up with her.

Reactions: TotalBabe

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I JUST noticed the thread title.

Excellent choice. One of my most favorite albums ever. One of my most favorite bands ever, and they still rocked in concert when I saw them about 8 years ago? 9? I'd have to ask the oldest son.

Now I'm going to queue it up and listen to it for the rest of my work day.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
To paraphrase a survey asked why most Mturkers kept all of their bonus instead of donating to the charity in the study. I answered honestly because they don't like being manipulated by requesters.
I feel like turkers probably invalidate the studies that use that question about donating to charity, at least a little bit. Like aren't they trying to figure out what type of person you are, to see if you would do it or not? Anyone that has spent at least some time doing surveys on mturk has probably seen that same question a hundred times and knows what the deal is. It's kinda like that bat and ball question that studies will often throw at us, not really realizing that we see it every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.