03/15 - We're Bowling on Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkLion

Contributor
Reaction score
I had trouble with the Nozari HIT yesterday. It had an external submit, and the requester said he was getting a lot of reports of problems with Chrome getting stuck on those. It probably won't help you now, but it's definitely worth considering using Firefox if you notice a HIT with those layouts.
Thanks. What's weird is the hit expired on me but it is showing up in my PE. I don't know how that happened b/c I couldn't submit from mTurk. I emailed the requester too.

Piro

Here not There
Reaction score
you say that now...
I remember doing a few related HITs(making a list of like 50-100 videos on a topic or something)that approved no problem but that said I noticed half way through the second of these HITs the mixed URLs. Did a third now I'm scared money.

Reactions: kryss

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
I realize there is a certain american aesthetic as far as hourly rates and earnings are concerned... but if someone depends on this income they would be daft not to do what they have to do to hit their goal, aesthetics be damned. Once they've hit their goal they can feel free to be as picky as they want.

ElleWoods

Walking in a Turker Wonderland
Contributor
Reaction score
$33 isn't hard... it's a couple hours of work on mturk. If you are having trouble achieving that low of a goal, you should take time for some learning exercises. Learn how to do new kinds of hits, learn better google-fu with search operands, learn how to search for batches, learn how to use scripts to make batches that people don't talk about on the forum more profitable... etc and so on.

At the very least you can hit $30 on most shit batches in a full days work, as well. 9 times out of 10 it isn't mturk that is causing people low earnings, it's their perceptions.

Having kids also makes this a difficult goal to achieve....especially toddlers. I suppose I could always ignore them....

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So to make 1,000 a month- I need to make roughly $33 a day....it doesn't seem to hard- well, just on days like today it does
I'd also recommend a higher goal on weekdays and a lower one on weekends, unless you're limited by a certain schedule. Something like $38.50 on weekdays and $19.25 on weekends.

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Survey on Beliefs and Attitudes (up to $1.75)(~ 1 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Susan Persky [ABHMPUAGTZEC0] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 4.33] [Fair: 5.00] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: 5.00] [Reviews: 4] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Looking for people to read a short article and answer a series of questions. The 45 second screening survey will be compensated $.06. Those who are eligible will complete the larger 20 minute survey and earn $1.75.
Time: 50 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.06
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not greater than 500000; Exc: [1963786519-36687] has not been granted; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.14.9

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd also recommend a higher goal on weekdays and a lower one on weekends, unless you're limited by a certain schedule. Something like $38.50 on weekdays and $19.25 on weekends.
:yesyes:

american aesthetic

I've been looking for a reason to use this. I didn't even read your whole post.

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: A short survey about your recent product or service experience | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: K.B. Koo [A3DAH23MU03H07] (Contact)
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A] [Reviews: 3] [ToS: 0]
Description:
Give us your opinion about your recent product or service experience
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 56
Reward: $0.80
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98; Location is US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.14.9

optipfrog

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm back and have Propane now. Trying to catch up on the thread and see all the big money I missed.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
tell people about your difficulties,
Well if you insist. I don't feel like working today because I never want to do things anymore. So instead of working I'm responding to pieces of posts. I'm also half-ass editing because that takes a lot of the time I'd normally dedicate to turking. Also every time I yawn it fucking hurts my jaw. Like tears in my eyes hurts.

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
Freshness: 119 days

Challenge accepted and WON!

Status
Not open for further replies.