03/21 - Sleepy Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

alk69

Reaction score
This one is horrific. Several paragraphs of writing then an incredibly long page of bubbles. Then you fill out demographics thinking it's finally over with and there's still several pages of crap after that. It probably really did take me a half hour. I'm really sorry I signed up for it! Oh yeah but at least it paid right away.
I sat looking at that first box asking for PARAGRAPHS of words for about 10 minutes. Thinking, ''This is simple. Been thinking of this crap all week. I can do it. I did make A's in microbiology. It'll be a snap!''. Yeah, right. Then I returned the abusive thing, And have felt better ever since. YMMV. You may like abuse by requesters. Better known as work at Mturk.

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
I sat looking at that first box asking for PARAGRAPHS of words for about 10 minutes. Thinking, ''This is simple. Been thinking of this crap all week. I can do it. I did make A's in microbiology. It'll be a snap!''. Yeah, right. Then I returned the abusive thing, And have felt better ever since. YMMV. You may like abuse by requesters. Better known as work at Mturk.
Oh yeah, then it had the guts to ask me if I wanted to take an additional survey for another dollar!! I said no. I was glad that there was a box to write in at the end so I could tell them how I feel.

• Haha
Reactions: alk69

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey on Relationship Attitudes and Behaviors | Accept
Requester: YNC Soc Psych [AVH1A3EAV7VVF] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$23.18] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.85
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 0
Description: In this short survey you will be asked to complete questions related to your attitudes and beliefs on relationships.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.

alk69

Reaction score
Oh yeah, then it had the guts to ask me if I wanted to take an additional survey for another dollar!! I said no. I was glad that there was a box to write in at the end so I could tell them how I feel.
And just think. You get to do this 8 times!...I wonder if they're just trying to see how long it takes you to catch the virus and stop replying.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Marketing study (9 minutes) $0.8 | Accept
Requester: Stella S Ko [A21NBSP9NW2RE1] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$10.71] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=1] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.80
Duration: 40:00
Available: 45
Description: Marketing study (9 minutes) $0.8
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: JanetW

Lumius

Reaction score
A @alk69 Some of the questions they give, are just to determine a baseline for your reactions to difficult/impossible problems. They measure how you approach it, or react to repeated failure. They conveniently don't disclose it until the end, to get genuine reactions from you.

Some of the torture requesters put you through is intentional! Yale Psych was a huge fan of this, haha!

Last edited:

Blakkat

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey about your life | Accept
Requester: Dianah Choi [A2UY38OYJURQMH] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.12] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 1.70
Description: Answer a survey about your life and personality

alk69

Reaction score
A @alk69 Some of the questions they give, are just to determine a baseline for your reactions to difficult/impossible problems. They measure how you approach it, or react to repeated failure. They conveniently don't disclose it until the end, to get genuine reactions from you.

Some of the torture requesters put you through is intentional! Yale Psych was a huge fan of this, haha!
Yeah, I know. My mother studied psychology at SMU. She told me all about the manipulations psych researchers pull. And how to deal with them. I've watched her leave them hanging out in the wind. Spinning in circles. Most of their little tricks only work if you don't know better...and that very thing is what makes such investigation questionable...and why it is not quite true science....no mater what they want to believe now a days.

baconfly

Reaction score
I was thinking to myself that in the past on a previous computer I had installed a Tampermonkey script that would append a word/character counter to text boxes to help with those writing prompts. I just looked on Greasyfork and I can't find it. Does anybody know what I'm talking about or am I imagining this?

• Thinking

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Social attitudes in pictures | Accept
Requester: SD & EoC Lab [A2CBVWNGAX7AIT] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.92] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=3-7 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=2] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.25] [Fast=1.00] [Comm=1.00] [Fair=1.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
Reward: 2.50
Description: Academic survey

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Morality, Personality, COVID-19 (14 min) | Accept
Requester: IMC Lab [A1T434NH13YMQU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.82] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Good] [Rej=1] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.95] [Fast=4.57] [Comm=3.14] [Fair=4.60] [Reviews=75] [ToS=0]
Reward: 1.80
Duration: 35:00
Available: 1
Description: Complete a brief survey about personality, morality, and COVID-19, and answer some demographics questions.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; humility DoesNotExist ; Location EqualTo US

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: Investigating Moral Judgments!(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Derek J Koehler [AN8LXOVUSVKGB] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$25.67] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.93] [Fast=4.83] [Comm=4.20] [Fair=4.87] [Reviews=105] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Available: 89
Description: You are invited to participate in a study investigating people's moral judgments.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [4796411-205032] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US

Reactions: HelloHello

Pshan

Reaction score
Had to take my husband to the doctor yesterday for a lung infection. So now suddenly he is high risk. Being at the doctors office was like starring in a science fiction movie. I was really freaked out and that is not like me. All of these covid- 19 surveys are pushing me over the edge. I am going to have to back of Mturk for a while. So that will be one less person to compete for surveys with. Good luck to you all.

afallstarxfall

Spoonfeeder
Social Butterfly
Very Versatile
Reaction score
Title: The Impact of Relationship Styles on Psychological Functioning | Accept
Requester: chloe [A12O04DA4LZGNR] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$1.35] [Pay=Underpaid] [Approval=3-7 days] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=1.00] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 2:00:00
Description: You are being asked to participate in a research study that examines experiences in close relationships

KatieinPGH

*Wants Masters*
Reaction score
Had to take my husband to the doctor yesterday for a lung infection. So now suddenly he is high risk. Being at the doctors office was like starring in a science fiction movie. I was really freaked out and that is not like me. All of these covid- 19 surveys are pushing me over the edge. I am going to have to back of Mturk for a while. So that will be one less person to compete for surveys with. Good luck to you all.
I backed off turking yesterday, just couldn't do it. Ended up reading, playing video games and built part of a cat fort that they proceeded to wreck by the end of the day. And I laughed SO much that it was like... wow, didn't realize I needed it that badly.

It's a tough time, make sure you take care of your mental as well as physical well being!! And if you have Animal Planet on TV, they are doing a "Too Cute" marathon that has been keeping us smiling (also on Hulu if applicable).

alk69

Reaction score
I was thinking to myself that in the past on a previous computer I had installed a Tampermonkey script that would append a word/character counter to text boxes to help with those writing prompts. I just looked on Greasyfork and I can't find it. Does anybody know what I'm talking about or am I imagining this?
Seems to me I do remember that. Never used it though. I thought that a link to a word counter was better, because then I could type without worrying about the enter key submitting my HIT too soon.

LumosDC

Reaction score
Title: Participate in a study | Accept
Requester: Andy Lee [A3O4A66HSQ14J4] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$9.57] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=0.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
Reward: 0.36
Duration: 30:00
Available: 33
Description: Participate in a study that takes about 3 minutes. The study is not available on mobile devices.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US

Reactions: HelloHello
Status
Not open for further replies.