03/21 - Toast Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
lol wow you've never filed taxes? That's almost definitely going to bite you in the ass one day. You do you though.
most def. One day the IRS or state govt will find the never reported income for a tax year and then they'll audit a lot of other years to find out if there was tax evasion there, too. Then clean those years up to find tax due and charge tons of penalties and interest and file criminal charges for tax evasion if the case is worth the resources to prosecute.

Reactions: LucyO

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
yet Netflix, Amazon, GM don't pay one cent in taxes and get refunds
life is too fair
extremely fair. They report their income and then have tax incentives to reduce their taxable amount to nothing.

Individuals need to report all taxable income, too, no matter if a penny or thousands of dollars. The only thing is that we aren't wealthy enough to hire professionals to find all the ways we can legally minimize our total tax amount.

Reactions: LucyO and GTR

DatJersey

Reaction score
Title: 8 min survey on service failures(~ 8 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: USD Research [A3SD7W03ELS45E] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.29 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.15 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 49 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: A survey on service failures
Time: 1800
HITs Available: 27
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Exc: [136779-136190] DoesNotExist ;Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 500;SurveyGroup [2125] DoesNotExist ;HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95;Location In US
3 min light writing

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the reasons why, but pretty much everything I've ever read about taxes has stated that anything that qualifies as self-employment income (which would be mturk money) always needs to be reported.
and you also need to pay self-employment taxes if it's self-employment and not additional other taxable income so you don't screw yourself out of eligible social security quarters worked.

Reactions: LucyO

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Ugh, the A9's are 3 images for .01 now
brilliant. they know there are workers who will work 3 images for a penny. If everyone refused to do it, they would keep it at an image for a penny or raise the price to get people to work them.

SherryNotShirley

Contributor
Reaction score
I took a nap and came back to see that I missed a bunch of tax talk. When I was a kid my dad had a job that didn't give him tax forms and he decided not to pay taxes for a few years because he assumed that if he didn't get the form he didn't have to pay. It did not turn out well. The IRS came to the house and "helped" him do his taxes (they randomly audit so many people a year and his name came up) and it took him years to pay off how much he owed....well, actually they just took what he owed....

...and I wanted to add that if someone has your social security and they file that they gave you money (like Amazon does) and the IRS checks it against the tax returns and you aren't there, it won't take them long to figure it out.

Death and Taxes Baby!

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
yet Netflix, Amazon, GM don't pay one cent in taxes and get refunds
life is too fair
they pay taxes. they may have had years when they didn't but, those are years with high losses.

Reactions: GTR
Status
Not open for further replies.