03/22 - Freaky Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeTurks

Professional Lurker
Contributor
Reaction score
Question time.......are you guys turking on new computers or old ones? Also do you prefer desktop or laptop?
Newish desktop at work. Older laptop at home.

Edit: definitely prefer the desktop as I have two monitors.

Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Question time.......are you guys turking on new computers or old ones? Also do you prefer desktop or laptop?
Started with an old laptop and currently using a new desktop.

Reactions: MeTurks

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Working on a craptop as I like to call it and I have one monitor hooked up to it. Bought it back in 2016. I'm over laptops, they don't last very long and they're expensive. I'm getting a nice desktop when this thing completely dies.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Working on a craptop as I like to call it and I have one monitor hooked up to it. Bought it back in 2016. I'm over laptops, they don't last very long and they're expensive. I'm getting a nice desktop when this thing completely dies.
My laptop is like 5 years old......it was a super high end HP when I bought it though it's a quad core and at the time that was as good as it got.

MeTurks

Professional Lurker
Contributor
Reaction score
I like that I can take my laptop wherever I go. I can use my phone's hotspot and turk while driving for work. Not me driving. Someone else driving. :)

Reactions: LucyO

CakesandPies

Reaction score
New computer, but I take all my scripts settings from computer to computer so that part doesn't feel much different. On a laptop but I prefer it to be docked for multiple screens, mouse and keyboard. Only really take it mobile when I'm in bed turking from home, but sometimes that can feel cumbersome.

Reactions: LucyO and GTR

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
My desktop is 3 years old now, but i've been upgrading it. I'd consider it pretty good, i mean sure there are newer processors and graphics cards now but i've not ran into any problems. I think the single best upgrade i put in it was the 1TB SSD, and left in the old mechanical 2TB hard drive for stuff like games i don't play frequently.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
newer/refurb desktop. until recently though an older laptop. I prefer the desktop though but the laptop has it perks too.

klyde

No, I don't want to see your pog collection
Contributor
Reaction score
I just bought a new desktop that has a intel i5 8400 in it with an nvidia 1060...hopefully that helps me turk better lol.
I have i5-4570 with 1060. 16GB ram. Runs 4 screens pretty well. Games pretty well depending on what games you're running. You should be good. That computer should run nice and smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.