03/24 = Seventh Son of a Seventh Son Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDWFM

Reaction score
The best part of that is her explaining what a MILF is, like its some huge revelation no one knows about.

jan

Reaction score
Title: RESEARCH Survey: We are interested in your opinion about a European country(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Alexander Josiassen [A2CP5J5JPNAA8C] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$8.57] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.36] [Fast=4.50] [Comm=2.00] [Fair=3.80] [Reviews=15] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.43
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: A research survey that takes around 5 minutes and asks you to state your opinion about a European country
Qualifications: Exc: [137117-136528] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: Dragonfly

jan

Reaction score
Uh oh, I have a 1.
You will learn what works for you :). If there is one hit that I really, really want - I might just panda that one. On a typical day, I have two or three panda's running at the same time.
However, if I tried to run more - I'd get too many PRE's and not catch anything. You have to play around with it and see what works for you.

Reactions: DeaDea

JDWFM

Reaction score
Keep in mind the power of the panda: you can't panda too much at once or you will get PRE's (Page Request Errors). If you are using Panda Crazy, the PRE's will be on the top line. If it's 0 - great. If it's a few, okay. If it's a lot, that's a problem.

PRE's temporarily block you from the Amazon site, so to speak - sort of a hiccup.
I still have no idea how to Panda. I just run HIT Finder and HIT Catcher. I don't even know what a panda does...besides eat bamboo.

Reactions: DeaDea and jan

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Reactions: C to the J

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I still have no idea how to Panda. I just run HIT Finder and HIT Catcher. I don't even know what a panda does...besides eat bamboo.
Your entries in Hit Catcher are PandAs. They are Previewing and Accepting the HIT for you, if it's available.

Reactions: JDWFM

JDWFM

Reaction score
Your entries in Hit Catcher are PandAs. They are Previewing and Accepting the HIT for you, if it's available.
Then why is there a "once" and "panda" option for HITs? I'm just curious of the difference in the two.

Reactions: jan

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: CrazyCatLady

jan

Reaction score
It will catch hits for you. I don't know that it's superior - I'm just used to it and I really don't have much inclination to change it up at this point in my turk 'career.' There are some videos online about how to use it - but it's pretty easy.

DeaDea

Reaction score
You will learn what works for you :). If there is one hit that I really, really want - I might just panda that one. On a typical day, I have two or three panda's running at the same time.
However, if I tried to run more - I'd get too many PRE's and not catch anything. You have to play around with it and see what works for you.
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on the PRE's. You all are awesome!

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Then why is there a "once" and "panda" option for HITs? I'm just curious of the difference in the two.
If you're asking about the terminology, I think it's just outdated from the old worker site. Back when we walked fifteen miles uphill in the snow and changed the address bar to grab HITs quicker.
Otherwise, it's like jan @jan said- grab it once (survey) or continue grabbing (batch).

JDWFM

Reaction score
If you're asking about the terminology, I think it's just outdated from the old worker site. Back when we walked fifteen miles uphill in the snow and changed the address bar to grab HITs quicker.
Otherwise, it's like jan @jan said- grab it once (survey) or continue grabbing (batch).
Gotcha. So the Panda would be the batch. Thank you, ladies!

Reactions: jan and DareAngel3

largeeyes

Reaction score
Title: Upload 7-minute screencast of a website (iPhone owners) | Accept
Requester: UserBob [A1G1PATDFBA7E5] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.99] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.70] [Fast=4.99] [Comm=4.93] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=87] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=22.09] [Pen=0.45] [Res=1.00] [Rec=100] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 2.10
Duration: 1:05:00
Available: 1
Description: Record your computer's screen and your voice while you spend 7 minutes talking about your first visit to a website. Then upload the recording.
Qualifications: Reviewer GreaterThanOrEqualTo 3; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; demographic9765 EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.7
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Gotcha. So the Panda would be the batch. Thank you, ladies!
Still not quite... A PANDA is a specific URL(web address), that when entered into the web address bar in your browser window, would Preview And Accept a HIT, rather than only previewing the HIT without accepting it.

A PANDA basically is a web address that is a shortcut way of accepting a HIT without the extra step of previewing it first. The actually web address would have the phrase "Preview and Accept" embedded in it, and back in the day, a Turker would simply modify the web address with the Requester or HIT information. I jumped into Turking in 2016, so when I was getting started I used TurkMaster, which is a script that enables easily making PANDAs for different individual HITs or batches...

The act of PANDA'ing something means to repeatedly refresh that "Preview and Accept" web address (corresponding to the HIT or batch you're after) in an attempt to catch one HIT, or several HITs, very quickly. PANDA Crazy and MTS's HIT Catcher perform the process of PANDA'ing for us now. In MTS, a Watcher is an automated PANDA'er... If that makes sense.

Since the "Preview and Accept" web address is no longer valid and doesn't work, it's not accurate to use the term PANDA... but a lot of us still do, because pandas are awesome.
:jekjek::jekjek::jekjek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.