04/07 - Treasurable Hits Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Just found an email I sent my bff 20 days after I started turking (she was super skeptical this was legit). I'm cracking myself up now reading it (and I no longer wait for the $100 limit to transfer money) I had sent her a screenshot of my dashboard along with this.

So I'm almost to my transfer into checking account limit. I will only transfer my earnings at $100 marks. I'm nearly there. Remember when I said the more HITs I do the more my earnings?

Notice how much of that $87 I have earned in just the last 5 days? I started this July 14, so...quite a bit more since I broke 500 hits.

Still a time investment but it seems to be panning out as a worthwhile long term second income. It's still early days, but this site has been around for many years now and I regularly read up on reddit and other places about the experience long-term workers have had, and their strategies, and try and emulate them.

I've learned being west coast it benefits me to get up at 6:30 and spend an hour turking. A lot of high paid surveys are posted east coast time and if I want in on them I have to get up early before all of the chances are gone. Which is good discipline. Up at 6:30, work for 30-60 mins, earn a few bucks, walk the dog and get ready for the day.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
there was no qual hit for the advanced worker qual. they legit just randomly gave it out one day
oh, what was that 10 hits qual they had then? did you have to have that to win the advanced worker lottery?

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't tell my "noob" story because it still makes me so angry til this day.

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
But RES is fucking dope, especially if you use it to tag people so you can remember why you started hating them.
RES I don't consider a random user script. The site is unusable without it basically (although over the years they've been slowly and slowly implemeting more features from Res into their actual code)

Reactions: Tigerpants

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
oh, what was that 10 hits qual they had then? did you have to have that to win the advanced worker lottery?
That was the tagging qual back in the day when that was the qual you needed to do the Agent hits before they randomly opened it up again to garbage and seperated it from the Agent hits

Reactions: hyway and kryss

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I also thought, for about two minutes, that transcription was going to be my thing. Until I realized that I fucking hated it and couldn't do it at all until after the kids went to bed.
I completely thought that was my thing. Then I realized it's like having a LEGIT second job after I get home from the first one.

I want to be able to watch tv and do my second job. Or chat with my kid and do it. Sure, sometimes I can't and have to focus (which is fine, he's nearly a teen and wants me to disappear at times, lol), but most of the time I just do the easy stuff now.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
RES I don't consider a random user script. The site is unusable without it basically (although over the years they've been slowly and slowly implemeting more features from Res into their actual code)
Their mobile beta is what's unusable. I find myself googling something, then manually editing the URL with .compact so I don't have to use the damn thing.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I did over 7k Jimmy Dragons because I thought they were awesome...
Only been turking since Dec. so still feel like a noob. I did a few hundred Jimmy Dragon's to get me to my first 1000. Bit Lits for days too, which I do for filler still. First thing I put on panda. Never did a Brelig though so not too bad! Grateful I found MTG my first month then migrated here.

Reactions: Dutchy and YAHU

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Only been turking since Dec. so still feel like a noob. I did a few hundred Jimmy Dragon's to get me to my first 1000. Bit Lits for days too, which I do for filler still. First thing I put on panda. Never did a Brelig though so not too bad! Grateful I found MTG my first month then migrated here.
For the first 1k Jimmy dragons are okay but I never should have kept doing them lol

Reactions: coffeeowl
Status
Not open for further replies.