04/07 - Treasurable Hits Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Pretty sure I told my story before a while ago. Anyway, it was before I was aware of Turkopticon probably 3 or so months after I started turking (because I didn't bother to look up any resources like scripts, forums, etc. until like a year after I started turking) I found a hit and the requester was Cyclocross Magazine. I was supposed to go through the whole 45 page magazine and write down any spelling or grammatical errors. I looked up the website online and it was a real magazine, so I figured the hit was legit.

The base pay for the hit was $5.00 and I forgot how much they were supposed to bonus for every error I found. Anyway, I sat there all day for 6+ hours and finally found about 50 errors netting me around $40 or $45, I don't remember the exact amount, plus the base pay. Well, you can figure what happened, the assholes paid me the $5.00 for the hit but never gave me a bonus (after repeated attempts at contacting them). Later on when I discovered Turkopticon, I read the reviews and other people said they got stiffed their bonuses as well.
oh my god you poor soul

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Roasted Duck Surveys for work related to 3UEBBGULPENIEA66BU7PJT7F1GTUFY.
The value of your bonus is: $11.15 USD

The Requester included this note:
This is the bonus you earned based on your responses to our survey.

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

same here about the $4 for not getting the initial hit.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
are HIT windows not loading for anyone else? shows it's done loading but it's blank.

coffeeowl

hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Pretty sure I told my story before a while ago. Anyway, it was before I was aware of Turkopticon probably 3 or so months after I started turking (because I didn't bother to look up any resources like scripts, forums, etc. until like a year after I started turking) I found a hit and the requester was Cyclocross Magazine. I was supposed to go through the whole 45 page magazine and write down any spelling or grammatical errors. I looked up the website online and it was a real magazine, so I figured the hit was legit.

The base pay for the hit was $5.00 and I forgot how much they were supposed to bonus for every error I found. Anyway, I sat there all day for 6+ hours and finally found about 50 errors netting me around $40 or $45, I don't remember the exact amount, plus the base pay. Well, you can figure what happened, the assholes paid me the $5.00 for the hit but never gave me a bonus (after repeated attempts at contacting them). Later on when I discovered Turkopticon, I read the reviews and other people said they got stiffed their bonuses as well.
:mob: I would be pissed too! Grrr. Sorry they got away with it.

Reactions: Maria Tortilla

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Ouch :(

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
are HIT windows not loading for anyone else? shows it's done loading but it's blank.
I'm not having that issue. Is it a specific HIT, or multiple different HITs? When HIT frames don't load, it usually means you have to click the shield in the address bar.

lobo925

CEO of Pizza
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Extract purchased items from a shopping receipt | PANDA
Requester: ScoutIt [A3RRY7BIF8JDCS] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 2.77 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.44 Generosity
★★★★★ 3.38 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.20 Promptness

Number of Reviews: 483
TOS Flags: 2
Submit a new TO review
Description: Transcribe all of the purchased items and total from a shopping receipt
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1793
Reward: $0.08
Qualifications: None

Bode "Emo Barry" Miller

Unofficial Official
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Reactions: Starslip

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I'm not having that issue. Is it a specific HIT, or multiple different HITs? When HIT frames don't load, it usually means you have to click the shield in the address bar.
multiple hits, seems to be mainly survey ones. I don't have a shield or anything

Reactions: aveline

catnapped

Relatively Unknown Member
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
multiple hits, seems to be mainly survey ones. I don't have a shield or anything
Turkprime isn't working for me. Are those what you're having problems with?

Reactions: aveline

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Extract purchased items from a shopping receipt | PANDA
Requester: ScoutIt [A3RRY7BIF8JDCS] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 2.77 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.44 Generosity
★★★★★ 3.38 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.20 Promptness

Number of Reviews: 483
TOS Flags: 2
Submit a new TO review
Description: Transcribe all of the purchased items and total from a shopping receipt
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 1793
Reward: $0.08
Qualifications: None
Shit. Where has this requester been all my turking life? Fire hits

Reactions: lobo925

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster