04/11 - Waffle Cone Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not sure I understand.....are you buying or renting the house?
Renting, I have 4 teenagers who should all be leaving in the next 5 years, one of which is my pregnant daughter and her boyfriend. I don't want to buy a house that big when I have people leaving soon.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Image Transformation Study | Accept
Requester: IU Kap Lab [A13Y9TN4ZANH4Q] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $15.15] [Pay: 4.33] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.97] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 4.67] [Fair: 4.11] [Reviews: 40] [ToS: 2]
TO2: [Hrly: $20.00] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.50
Duration: 3 hours
Available: 1
Description: You will be shown photos (fully/partially filtered) and asked questions regarding objects in these photos.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

TinaBanina

Yarn Hoarder
Contributor
HIT Poster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Title: 1 min consumer study (1 min; 15 cent) | Accept
Requester: Jihwan [A1LOGBFMSAWF5S] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $10.86] [Pay: 3.60] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 4] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.15
Duration: 10 minutes
Description: Consumer Survey
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Location EqualTo US; 1 DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think it's a scam as they have said we can view it today, it's just that it's currently in the fix it up phase after the last people moved out. I've been in the living room of the house because I basically manipulated the contractor to letting me in the house when he wasn't exactly supposed to.

The biggest issue is without the deposit my approved app means nothing if someone else gets approved and beats me to the punch.

Last people said they were good about fixing everything and all that.
I've done this. We rented a place that was undergoing refurbishment. What we did was sign the lease with an addendum that listed all the refurbs that were being done and that if anything weren't done, we weren't tied to the lease. Once both us and the owner signed the lease and the addition, we were good.

Reactions: JCGrey

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Decision Making - two buttons | Accept
Requester: taly bonder [A2SN89BX8TX9GS] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $16.60] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO:
No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 20 minutes
Description: This is a decision making task. It includes multiple choice trials and will take you around 15 minutes to complete. Your aim is to collect as many points as possible. Use the 4 visual cues to help you decide. Above average performance will grant you a bonus of 1$.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 80
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've done this. We rented a place that was undergoing refurbishment. What we did was sign the lease with an addendum that listed all the refurbs that were being done and that if anything weren't done, we weren't tied to the lease. Once both us and the owner signed the lease and the addition, we were good.
Ah, I honestly don't think anyone is going to jump to put in an app without seeing it and if you call about it they just tell you you have to wait so I think I'll be ok, you'd agree right?

This whole house business stresses me out.

Reactions: Rogue and Ready

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah, I honestly don't think anyone is going to jump to put in an app without seeing it and if you call about it they just tell you you have to wait so I think I'll be ok, you'd agree right?

This whole house business stresses me out.
Sounds like it's safe enough.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sounds like it's safe enough.
It's just nice to have anyone else tell me it's cool lol. Frankly the only reason I'm willing to do this is because I've known other people that lived there and all that so I had some inside info beforehand.

Reactions: JCGrey

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Saw this in a local FB group....

Should I tell them they are doing it wrong or continue to lol at them and enjoy the comments I am reading?

Reactions: hapticmotion

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
So good news, we got approved on a rental house..bad news we haven't actually seen more of it than the front room because it isn't ready for viewing but my kids have been in it because a friend of theirs use to live there..house is a big...only pictures are some old online pics.

Here's the thing, they're letting us look today..however if someone were to be approved and race to he bank with the deposit they'd get it over me. This is all very stressful seeing as the house is around the corner from me and from what I've seen fits everything we need.

I'm right now going with the idea that if you call the company and ask about said house they say "ready for viewing on the 17th" and if you call the direct line to view you get nothing as it's not ready...hopefully this means everyone will think "just have to wait" so everything goes well. I just can't justify giving them 500 dollars I won't get back without walking the whole house. It had no apps when we applied and had been sitting in this condition for roughly 2 weeks beforehand..

You guys think I'm good?
Is this through a company or a private owner? And are they wanting you to "race to the bank" and deposit money into their account?

This is what I do. I manage rental properties. I have for over 15 years and have dealt with a lot of scams and people who have been scammed. Right now my antennae are up, but I'm not calling scam just yet. Need more details.

Can you meet someone IN PERSON who has the legal right to let the house? If not, then I would be very wary.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sat here being distracted by everything. My PE is rubbish. Hubby has netflix on, I'm so distracted by Faster Car.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Is this through a company or a private owner? And are they wanting you to "race to the bank" and deposit money into their account?

This is what I do. I manage rental properties. I have for over 15 years and have dealt with a lot of scams and people who have been scammed. Right now my antennae are up, but I'm not calling scam just yet. Need more details.

Can you meet someone IN PERSON who has the legal right to let the house? If not, then I would be very wary.
It's a company and no they did not tell me to go race to the bank. They just said that without a deposit someone could jump in front of us with one if they are approved as well. Someone should be at the house to let us in today and if not they are going to give us the code to open the door as they show houses through that rently site.

The company is first key homes and we've known the last 2 families that have rented there and neither one of them said anything bad about the company.

For the deposit I have to get a cashiers check from my bank and take it personally to their office.

Status
Not open for further replies.