04/13 - Stumbling Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
re: PEWs

Please share requester ID or PandA if you have it. Thank you

(I just spent 5 minutes trying to find the PEW Requester ID or the PandA on here, then Turkerview...after reading several pages referring to them)
A3MO1IZW2PK239 3KHO6UOMI8QAQYYJVYVYRDQOEXZBP0

Reactions: Concise

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score

(I just spent 5 minutes trying to find the PEW Requester ID or the PandA on here, then Turkerview...after reading several pages referring to them)

Here I pulled the info off the Panda I have
Requester Name: Pew Research InfoTech
Requester I:eek: A3MO1IZW2PK239
Group I:eek: 3KHO6UOMI8QAQYYJVYVYRDQOEXZBP0
Pay: 0.20

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score

You will need your Masters to find it.. I think they are hidden. They are done for now, but you can always add it to your panda for later :)
they posted like 3 batches since yesterday

chicory

Reaction score
Have you ever run into a hit that is just so insulting in how low they pay is and you felt you had no choice but to contact the requester about it. Well I just did with Fashion Product Matching. I sent this, What are you thinking here? You expect us to compare 40 pairs of items for .06? This is just insulting and I hope no one does your hit. As you can clearly see from reading this, I am not uneducated nor am I stupid but clearly [mod edit].

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kristina M Greer

Kristina M Greer

Reaction score
Have you ever run into a hit that is just so insulting in how low they pay is and you felt you had no choice but to contact the requester about it. Well I just did with Fashion Product Matching. I sent this, What are you thinking here? You expect us to compare 40 pairs of items for .06? This is just insulting and I hope no one does your hit. As you can clearly see from reading this, I am not uneducated nor am I stupid but clearly [mod edit].
Oh Good God no... LOL
I just put up a review on TurkerView and state how underpaid they are and whats involved. Noobs will pick up for the numbers but experiences peeps will stay away

Last edited by a moderator:

jan

Reaction score
So, no I haven't. I do know of folks who have sent emails requesting higher pay, explaining why - and (okay, not often) gotten it.

the best response is not to do the HIT - the thing about mturk is that if no one does the HIT, then the pay will increase.

I would never send a letter with an insult (this is just me speaking) - because the requester has a lot of power in this situation. They can issue you a block or they can contact mturk and should mturk want.....they could just suspend your account.

That is unlikely, but it's not impossible. Anyway, my rule of thumb is to be professional - and to just send off an email explaining the pay scale - or leave TO.

chicory

Reaction score
I totally get what you are saying here. But, now I am going to tell you what I really feel. I refuse to live in fear and I refuse to allow people to think they can take advantage of workers such as ourselves because they believe they aren't worth anything. Sometimes you just need to stand up for what you believe and hold true.

Reactions: jan

Bolbor

zug zug
Reaction score
I totally get what you are saying here. But, now I am going to tell you what I really feel. I refuse to live in fear and I refuse to allow people to think they can take advantage of workers such as ourselves because they believe they aren't worth anything. Sometimes you just need to stand up for what you believe and hold true.
I can appreciate the sentiment, but you have to realize that 99.9% of requesters who pay literal slave wages do not give a fuck at all. You put your account at risk by "speaking your mind." If a requester actually gives a shit and will be receptive to messages, polite and firm is always the way to go.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Rating Headlines(~ 15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Lisa Fazio [A1OMN4C9UY8MOC] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$17.24] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=10] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.25
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 54
Description: This study examines people's interest in different headlines
Qualifications: Exc: [4499250-140495] DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]