electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
:wave2:

I took today off from other work so I could get ready for Easter and all the people who will be coming over and spending time in my almost ready yard.

But all I've been doing today so far is catch hits on mturk or work on Prolific and read the forum. I'm so productive!

Oh, I also got my first rejection for a Prolific study...said I wasn't eligible per the "instructions" at the beginning of the hit (it was in the informed consent apparently...and I missed it.) Apparently I need to REALLY read over Prolific studies and not just assume I'm eligible cuz Prolific says I am. :(

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
:wave2:

I took today off from other work so I could get ready for Easter and all the people who will be coming over and spending time in my almost ready yard.

But all I've been doing today so far is catch hits on mturk or work on Prolific and read the forum. I'm so productive!

Oh, I also got my first rejection for a Prolific study...said I wasn't eligible per the "instructions" at the beginning of the hit (it was in the informed consent apparently...and I missed it.) Apparently I need to REALLY read over Prolific studies and not just assume I'm eligible cuz Prolific says I am. :(
I would reply to the requester and remind them to properly administer their -prequalifications with Prolific Academic. I would also contact Prolific directly. In the past they have been willing to go to bat for workers when requesters don't block you because their hits have the wrong quals.

That's the whole point of having a system where you already answer hundreds of pre-qual questions - to prevent requesters from rejecting you like that.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Answer a short survey about shopping for products | PANDA
Requester: Atul A Kulkarni [A2ISRG6IWOGD6D] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.67 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You would be asked to consider shopping situations, followed by a few questions about products. Estimated time for completion is less than 10 minutes.
Time: 25 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Masters has been granted

Reactions: Kliq

QueenOfScreams

Contributor
Reaction score
I lied, I totally just looked for a .60 HIT so I could go to sleep knowing I made $15 :sweatsmile:. I'm a mess. I bid you all a good night (ah, day?) :blush:

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Judgement's on hypothetical scenarios | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Patrick Ewell [A1EGWK569FYKJI] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 1] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Fill out several surveys and make a judgement on a specific situation. It should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete.
Time: 1 hour
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.6

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: Answer a short survey about shopping for products | PANDA
Requester: Atul A Kulkarni [A2ISRG6IWOGD6D] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.67 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You would be asked to consider shopping situations, followed by a few questions about products. Estimated time for completion is less than 10 minutes.
Time: 25 minutes
Qualifications: Masters has been granted
under 3 minutes.

Reactions: Starslip

Yungskell

Mturk Hustler
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
There is a surplus room (the game requires 40 players, we post 45 HITs, in case some people disconnect or spend too much time in the instructions). This has happened many times in the past (people go offline after accepting the hit). There are 5 surplus (worst case) and we will pay and allow you to participate in the next runs (this doesn't effect your participation).

Running and administering a simultaneous experiment is not an easy task. We worked on the research for a year and developing this platform for more than 6 months. We learned a great deal by trail and error. but this is not a game for us. This is what we do full time.

I missed out today too

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Warning, this is one of their longer ones. Took me over 10 minutes:

Title: Short survey on consumer topics (4/13/17 - A) (YOU MAY ONLY COMPLETE 1 HIT IN THIS GROUP) | PANDA
Requester: GeorgetownMSBResearch [A1VSOQ6MXD1E1J] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 4.03 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 3.03 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.65 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.60 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 299
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Short survey 8 min (YOU MAY ONLY COMPLETE 1 HIT IN THIS GROUP)VERY
Time: 30 minutes
Hits Available: 100
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is US

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
I would reply to the requester and remind them to properly administer their -prequalifications with Prolific Academic. I would also contact Prolific directly. In the past they have been willing to go to bat for workers when requesters don't block you because their hits have the wrong quals.

That's the whole point of having a system where you already answer hundreds of pre-qual questions - to prevent requesters from rejecting you like that.
In this case it said it listed a completion code in the instructions that said if I had done a survey with that completion code I wasn't eligible.

Not sure how the heck I missed it except that I've read so many ICs that I may have just glazed over this one. Even though I have barely worked for Prolific for many months guess what? I actually did do a survey with that code last September!

I figure it's my fault this time. I should have seen that in the instructions and I totally missed it. I do agree with you, though, the qual should have been set up right with Prolific (it must be possible to screen out participants with a particular completion code?) It was only a £.30 survey, though. And my rating is still 100 with Prolific, so I think it didn't hurt me much?

I'll be more careful with Prolific. I've been a bit lax since they pre-qualify you.

Reactions: sofaslug
Status
Not open for further replies.