• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
**You must currently be in a close relationship (e.g., dating, married, cohabiting) and using a computer with a keyboard (i.e., not a tablet or mobile device) in order to participate in this study.**

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
no and I've been here 7 years, never late, handle most repairs myself..before me it was a steady stream of crackheads which I found out when the SWAT team surround it one Sun morn at 6am...
the bushes looked a little unruly but all that vegetation kept the road noise and dust off the house...
and the one tree was right by the bedrooms which face west and will be in full sun in the hottest part of the day now...stupid part was it had roots that covered half the yard so it wasn't going to come down on the house or anything...
very, very angry right now and considering putting my notice in...
It was a really shitty thing to do to a good tenant without notice this would happen. I can't even imagine doing that. (Actually, I think it violates the lease about not going onto the property without notice.)

I feel for you with the SWAT team. We had new tenants move into a place. About six months into them living there we get a hysterical phone call from the female tenant that the cops just broke into their house, jimmied out the security screen, kicked in the door, basically ruined the door frames. Scared the living SHIT out of the tenants inside. And now their house could not be secured because all doors/frames were broken.

Turns out the cops were going after someone who was on a probation violation and had used that address as his address a year or two prior (the old tenants did know this person, but that person was never a legal tenant there.) The cops would not pay for the damage and said they could not call and check with us ahead of time for fear we would tip the person they were looking for off. We raised a little hell about that with our contacts there (like, oh, maybe do some surveillance to see who lives there now?). Kinda made me want to check with parole/probation boards and make sure no one is using my address as a decoy.

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Reading Passages of English and Rating Comic Captions | Accept
Requester: Carolyn Anderson [A1SSN2EY9PZGH6] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $16.60] [Pay: 4.75] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$5.00
Duration: 2 hours
Available: 1
Description: Read some paragraphs and answer questions about them; read some Lego comic strips and rate captions for them.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Starslip @Starslip did you catch it this time or is this going to be your white whale?

jan

Reaction score
Starslip @Starslip did you catch it this time or is this going to be your white whale?
We went on a tour of Melville's house a few months ago. The woman who gave the tour didn't like him all that much (she was a big fan of his wife, though).

But the interesting this is that - in that somewhat big house - he lived with his mother-in-law. His (and his wifes) bedroom had a door that led to MIL's room (as in, his mother-in-law's room shared a wall with his bedroom - and she had to enter and exit her room via his.

So. Um. That must have been nice.......

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Review the product shown for the give search query (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | Accept
Requester: Amazon Requester Inc. - Metrics [A2P1DWS7TVD3LT] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $0.01
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 765
Description: How good a match is a product for the search query. Please go through the examples in the instructions.
Requirements: Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Verify location of Photos in San Francisco | Accept
Requester: Mike Lanza [A1PX1X3FCQWDL3] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $6.00
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 15
Description: SAN FRANCISCO EXPERTS ONLY: Identify improperly geotagged photos in San Francisco
Requirements: Location EqualTo US-CA
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Was just looking the instructions over and saw timer ....could be good but I returned it they say "spend 30 minutes working on this" but timer is 30 minutes

cassius

Reaction score
should have checked this before the email since the new tax day is old news now. They really ought to go full out and change it to next week.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Was just looking the instructions over and saw timer ....could be good but I returned it they say "spend 30 minutes working on this" but timer is 30 minutes
Honestly, even with living close by, I don't know SF well enough to do this I don't think

Status
Not open for further replies.