Not open for further replies.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Hi all! New to MTurk and the forum here but I had a question for those of you doing the Sarah Cogswell surveys.

For me there are multiple surveys listed with the same name (i.e. "Job Skills Tests - Critical Thinking") and each of them also has multiple hits on it. Does this mean you can do all of them multiple times, or should you just do one of each of the different named surveys?

Also I didn't have any of Sarah's prequalification surveys from yesterday show up for me. I did 6 surveys and now am concerned that I might not get credit or might get rejected from all of them. Any thoughts?

Pretty good money and they go by pretty quick (I'm paying close attention and answering truthfully, caught all the AC so far) so I'm hoping I can keep doing them.

Thanks!
You can do one of each from the list on the marketplace.
And if you forget which ones you've done it'll give you a cap message if you accept a duplicate.

jan

Reaction score
Hi all! New to MTurk and the forum here but I had a question for those of you doing the Sarah Cogswell surveys.

For me there are multiple surveys listed with the same name (i.e. "Job Skills Tests - Critical Thinking") and each of them also has multiple hits on it. Does this mean you can do all of them multiple times, or should you just do one of each of the different named surveys?

Also I didn't have any of Sarah's prequalification surveys from yesterday show up for me. I did 6 surveys and now am concerned that I might not get credit or might get rejected from all of them. Any thoughts?

Pretty good money and they go by pretty quick (I'm paying close attention and answering truthfully, caught all the AC so far) so I'm hoping I can keep doing them.

Thanks!
I'm not doing them, but I just read TO and it looks like you can take one from each group.
No survey requesters want information from you for the exact same survey - at least not generally speaking :)
(so take one from job skills, one from attention to detail.....and so on).

Oh, and welcome aboard!

Last edited:

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: Teaching a Robot to Sort Toys | Accept
Requester: Jordan [A23PXPKPUUWCKA] Contact
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $0.80
Duration: 5 hours
Available: 1
Description: Complete multiple-choice questions to train a home robot to sort toys into boxes according to rules by showing examples
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Pippa

All things lovely and beautiful.
Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks!
I’m not sure about the surveys but I would take it as you can do only one but you can always accept it and see if it is different from the other surveys. If it is the same I would err on the side of no. You can also contact the requester and ask them. Most of the time you can do one of each hit rather than multiples of a single hit when it comes to surveys. hope that makes sense. As always be careful with rejections so that you won’t mess up your rating. That’s worth more than the risk a rejection when you’re new and don’t have your hit count up. Anyways, hope that helped somewhat and welcome to MTC

Last edited:

Manly5000

Reaction score
You can do one of each from the list on the marketplace.
And if you forget which ones you've done it'll give you a cap message if you accept a duplicate.
I'm not doing them, but I just read TO and it looks like you can take one from each group.
No survey requesters want information from you for the exact same survey - at least not generally speaking :)
(so take one from job skills, one from attention to detail.....and so on).

Oh, and welcome aboard!
Thanks guys! Glad to be here.

Okay I guess I'll hold off doing any more of them but I'm still learning the ropes of MTurk, so I am wondering why there are multiple surveys listed with the same name and also why they each have more than 1 HIT listed for them?

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Okay I guess I'll hold off doing any more of them but I'm still learning the ropes of MTurk, so I am wondering why there are multiple surveys listed with the same name and also why they each have more than 1 HIT listed for them?
More than 1 HIT so multiple people can do them, not sure why they have the same names multiple times as different IDs though. Maybe click through them all and make sure there aren't any you missed, as C to the J @C to the J said you'll get a message saying you can't do any more if you can't for these. I got 7 different ones.

jan

Reaction score

It looks like there is a cap message (you've reached your cap with this survey)
if you accept one that you've already done (in this case, the cap is 1 :)
at least that's what I'm understanding from C to the J @C to the J 's post

edit to say, Starslip @Starslip beat me to it

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: 2 minute survey about a brand and life experiences | Accept
Requester: Online Panel [AFH23TCHBL8WG] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $7.65] [Pay: 2.71] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 2.13] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 4.67] [Reviews: 39] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 0% of 2] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$0.30
Duration: 20 minutes
Available: 2
Description: This hit involves answering several survey measures related to personal experience and preferences
Requirements: CNTL41018 DoesNotExist; HEVSURV DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 91; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

In addition to what everyone said, the reason you can see multiple HITs is because the requester is using a loophole in the system to post her survey as a batch to save on requester fees. On a survey HIT that isn't using this loophole it will only show as 1 even though 100's of turkers may be able to accept one.

The HITs having the same name can be chalked up to a lack of creativity on the requester's part lol.
They do all have separate qual names though.

Manly5000

Reaction score
In addition to what everyone said, the reason you can see multiple HITs is because the requester is using a loophole in the system to post her survey as a batch to save on requester fees. On a survey HIT that isn't using this loophole it will only show as 1 even though 100's of turkers may be able to accept one.

The HITs having the same name can be chalked up to a lack of creativity on the requester's part lol.
They do all have separate qual names though.
Haha very interesting... so then I actually can do every single survey in the list one time even when they have the same name? And get credit/paid for each?

rsclone

This is my partner Fellatio Del Toro
Banned
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about creating eLearning courses | Accept
Requester: John [ASM3O15S6TI1C] Contact
TO: [Pay: 2.57] [Fast: 2.75] [Comm: 2.28] [Fair: 3.02] [Reviews: 182] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$2.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: We want your opinions about creating eLearning courses. This survey is 10 questions long and should take no longer than 5 minutes to complete.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Manly5000

Reaction score
I was just looking and comparing them and it looks like each one with the same name points to the same survey... so I guess I should stop at one of each unique type.

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy
Status
Not open for further replies.