04/19 - Fast Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
Then maybe, try seaching for one, and I assume you have one if they say you qualify, because they don't put quals on the HITs and I've had to wait hours for a person holding onto one to let it expire.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

SherryNotShirley

Contributor
Reaction score
I have 64 rooms left, plz help

Edit: which means smiling and introducing myself 64 more times.
I hope that's an exaggeration, but I wouldn't really be surprised.
How is one person possibly expected to do that?

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
All I got was a link in an email they sent me. ???
Have you been set up with a Gmail address by them? and gone to a classroom in google? You should have had an email about it after you did the qual hit.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
there are several and they might be different depending on your group. I have done 3 on separate days, and they really make me want to tear my hair out. they can take longer than three hours in some cases, the first one I did took under 2 hours, but the subsequent ones were harder.
You don't have to work on all the problems. As long as you've collaborated and worked for the 3 hours. You can stop (as long as you are sure someone will submit the work) and let others finish them.

Reactions: cb456 and K'Lee

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you been set up with a Gmail address by them? and gone to a classroom in google? You should have had an email about it after you did the qual hit.
No, I did a $10 hit by them and then after that is when I got an email about the $26 hit the other day. I had to work so I didn't even think about doing it but I got another email at 12:06 pm today (while I was at work) that I noticed when I checked my email when I got home. So no, I have not gotten that gmail thing.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
You don't have to work on all the problems. As long as you've collaborated and worked for the 3 hours. You can stop (as long as you are sure someone will submit the work) and let others finish them.
so far I have had to solo 3 of them. nobody else shows up in my group.

Reactions: turkleton

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
so far I have had to solo 3 of them. nobody else shows up in my group.
Really? I've been working in a group of 6 or 7 people each time. Worth looking at each puzzle of the challenge to see which one folks are working on maybe? We found that is quite good. Then when then that's done, we all say which one we're doing next.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
No, I did a $10 hit by them and then after that is when I got an email about the $26 hit the other day. I had to work so I didn't even think about doing it but I got another email at 12:06 pm today (while I was at work) that I noticed when I checked my email when I got home. So no, I have not gotten that gmail thing.
I'm a liar, I now see the other email from them with that information.

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Really? I've been working in a group of 6 or 7 people each time. Worth looking at each puzzle of the challenge to see which one folks are working on maybe? We found that is quite good. Then when then that's done, we all say which one we're doing next.
there isn't anybody doing them the times that I have worked on them. I think one took close to 3.5 hrs. nothing but digital tumble weeds around me the whole time.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm pretty tired from work, maybe I'll just wait and see if they send another one tomorrow. I hate to pass up the $$ but not sure I feel like committing to 3 hours right now. Ugh. Decisions.

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
So do you need to set all that up before accepting the hit???

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
So do you need to set all that up before accepting the hit???
Ideally yes. it's not hard and I never actually sign out of Google. It's never been an issue. I just have it listed as one of my Gmail accounts.

Reactions: K'Lee

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
there isn't anybody doing them the times that I have worked on them. I think one took close to 3.5 hrs. nothing but digital tumble weeds around me the whole time.
I get them at 1pm eastern. Do you accept the HIT and submit it before working on it? There are always so many people in my group in the afternoons.

Reactions: cb456

K'Lee

The Royal Taster
Contributor
Reaction score
Ideally yes. it's not hard and I never actually sign out of Google. It's never been an issue. I just have it listed as one of my Gmail accounts.
I guess I'll set that up tomorrow. The fact that I don't feel like doing it now is probably a good indicator that I shouldn't do the hit now either, lol. Thanks for the info.

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
I just accept it whenever I'm ready to do it and work on it.
Fair enough. I didn't see my email yesterday until it had been up an hour and the HIT was down by the time I tried to accept it. I wonder given they are testing the whole thing if we're all working in different ways.

Reactions: cb456

cb456

Let's do some hits!
Mentor
Contributor
Reaction score
Fair enough. I didn't see my email yesterday until it had been up an hour and the HIT was down by the time I tried to accept it. I wonder given they are testing the whole thing if we're all working in different ways.
I wouldn't doubt it.

cyberwasp

Pikachu is my spirit animal
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
PE $25.15.
Only half way to goal by dinner time, rough day. But it was expected. Got some shopping and gaming done at least. Bought one of those "air fryers" today. It was already on sale, then i had a 30% off coupon. Ended up saving $65 off the normal price, which is almost half of it.

Last edited:

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Hello Turkers,

Due to internal flagging error with the latest project many of your HITs were incorrectly marked REJECTED.

We have spotted the error a short while after the incorrect data was fed in to MTurk, soon-after all of the HITs were marked APPROVED.

We are working with Amazon directly to make sure there will be no negative status left on your account and internally to make sure this kind of error will not happen again.

We are sorry for any inconveniences this may have caused.

We would like to thank you for participating in our project and for your valued feedback, hopefully you can trust us again, we will be looking forward to working with you on our next projects.

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Best wishes,
Ailon

Status
Not open for further replies.