04/21 - Bugatti Money Friday

Talk to me about your taco. Is it hard or soft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Read sentences and answer questions about meaning of sentences | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Edward Gibson [AV5ZXNTTPTOV7] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.45] [Fast: 3.87] [Comm: 1.00] [Fair: 4.73] [Reviews: 35] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Read sentences and answer questions about meaning of sentences
Time: 2 hours
HITs Available: 4
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.9

cassius

Reaction score
Yeah, they did, I don't remember if mturk had the account review along with it though?
I caught this a few weeks ago. There was/is a message on my payments accounts saying I got an email to verify all my info. When I saw it I immediately called them. I kept getting cut off - was on a cell. But I got the answer that I hope I needed. They told me it was something to do with the changes they made and they hoped to have it corrected soon but apparently it isn't corrected yet. They then sent me two emails telling my my account was fine, verified and in good standing. And lots of surveys for CS on how they were doing. They are actually better I think and I say that carefully. Anyway, somewhere I have the number that I called though it is not difficult to find as the call back service they have was not working. I never got an email as I looked since I keep Amazon mail. They seemed concerned about that I suppose due to spamming. The best thing to do is call them and ask. I told them if I needed to send everything again, though as stated we went through this a few years back, I would but it was a pain to do so. But if I had too I would. They said no, all was fine and I'm taking their word for it especially since they sent confirming emails. I sent a PM the one of the mods on duty that day and told them what happened. But neither of us wanted to put it on this forum until others asked questions as this is something that upsets people a lot. But call them. It will save you worry.

MrTrentSD

Alive and Kicking
Contributor
Reaction score
Title:Personality, Beliefs, and Behaviors(~ 75 minutes) | PANDA
Requester:Joshua B. Grubbs [A3UQYKR0TGW9RS] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 4.25 Communicativity
★★★★★ 2.66 Generosity
★★★★★ 4.45 Fairness
★★★★★ 4.69 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 46 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: An online survey study.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward:$6.00
Qualifications:
Total approved HITs is not less than 100;Exc: [483455121-40550] has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Location is one of: US;

An hour of bubble hell and naughty thoughts :incog:

Reactions: Kliq and Liz

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Capture All Real Estate Search Results (.04 bonus for each building) | PANDA
Requester: Alegion [A8DQXJEVAM6JF] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.33] [Fast: 4.83] [Comm: 4.43] [Fair: 4.83] [Reviews: 76] [ToS: 2]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Go to a website and capture ALL of the building names and URLs from search results. .04 bonus for each building captured. Example 100 buildings = .50 + (.04 x 100 buildings) = $4.50 payment. All work reviewed. Qualifications granted based on quality of work
Time: 4 hours
HITs Available: 3
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Alegion_REALESTATEMOGULS_L2 is greater than 1;
Can someone with L2 please do these? I want the next steps :)
I looked at them. Returned them. Alegion never pays out bonuses anymore.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I looked at them. Returned them. Alegion never pays out bonuses anymore.
Just email them. I sent out a few emails and with in a week I had all of my bonuses.
They have paid me bonuses 3 times in the past 2 weeks.

Reactions: kryss

Cat

Reaction score
I just got an email reply. Since I found out about this late at night, I decided to do the email approach. The response

This is Adele from Mechanical Turk Worker Support Team.
I'm truly sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with your account being under review at this point.
Due to the nature and complexity of your issue, I will need to engage a specialized team for further assistance.
Please rest assured that your case is actively being researched, and I will be in touch soon with more detailed information.
Thank you for your patience, and for participating in Mechanical Turk.
Best regards,

Adele L
Amazon Mechanical Turk

This message looks C&P'd. As expected, emails are never a go to.

Now I'm deciding on how to call by pinpointing my problem. My train of thought is that I can access my worker account, and payment account. There's no notice on payment account. But on the transfer earning page, I tried to do two transfer. One since yesterday and it says processing, and one this early morning. It's already 10:35 am. I'm willing to wait a bit longer to see if it would clear up but this leads me to believe the transfer from yesterday is correlated to a problem with Amazon payment which is why I have my account under review.

I wanted to fax my information because I slightly dread calling but at this point I have no choice but to call.

Last edited:
Reactions: kryss and Kerek

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Just email them. I sent out a few emails and with in a week I had all of my bonuses.
They have paid me bonuses 3 times in the past 2 weeks.
Ok I might try that. But we really shouldn't have to beg for bonuses that we are promised. They used to just pay them out once a month or so.

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Good morning, y'all. Here's hoping some good batches fall from the sky with this hurricane-like storm we're having in OKC. It seriously sounds like my roof is going to come off with this wind and is raining sideways and seemingly upside down with the way the wind is whipping it around. This is nuts!
That's pretty nutty. I've probably been a part of at least 75% of all the major hurricanes that've struck the US in the past 25 years, but none of that holds any water to what I experienced in OKC.

May 3rd tornado strafing around a mere block away from me, leaving behind ruin as if something huge dug their finger into the earth and swirled it around all willy nilly. A gas station nearby even exploded. When it was all over, our backyard was completely littered with debris. A lot of it appeared to be sentimental items, little bits of broken jewelry and a whole bunch of family photos.

Reactions: minkyboodle

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Annotate an expressive caption to describe an Image to a blind person (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discr | PANDA
Requester: V2L [A2UIH3CID7L92X] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.78] [Fast: 4.47] [Comm: 4.27] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 49] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: In this task, you will be asked to provide an expressive caption to describe the image to a blind person. Include the most significant information from specially related to emotional content of the image.
Time: 1 hour
HITs Available: 20
Reward: $0.20
Qualifications: Location In CA, GB, US; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.9

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Ok I might try that. But we really shouldn't have to beg for bonuses that we are promised. They used to just pay them out once a month or so.
First email:
Thanks for the message. My apologies for the bonuses. We pay those weekly, so I've opened aticket for find out what may have happened.
I waited a week, still no bonuses
Second email:
Hi. I am so sorry about this. Amazon made an adjustment to their system which has caused this issue. We are very close to a final resolution. My apologies for the slow pace of this fix. You will definitely be paid.

Then the next day, I received them all, and then I started getting them regularly again.

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
Jaded @Jaded the :spider:s have taken over Alegion.
I had a dream that my parents bought robotic spiders and put them around their house to kill smaller bugs but I didn't know this. I went over to their house and saw spiders and almost smashed one, not realizing it was a robot, until it put a leg up in the air and made some announcement and then powered down and I was like, "WTF, spiders can TALK?" The end.

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
I had a dream that my parents bought robotic spiders and put them around their house to kill smaller bugs but I didn't know this. I went over to their house and saw spiders and almost smashed one, not realizing it was a robot, until it put a leg up in the air and made some announcement and then powered down and I was like, "WTF, spiders can TALK?" The end.

This is a great dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.