04/21 - Bugatti Money Friday

Talk to me about your taco. Is it hard or soft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thedorchannel

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Make decisions and earn a substantial bonus (up to $3.90) | PANDA
Requester: CeDEx - Nottingham [A1V7W9RIFE74GH] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.17 Generosity
★★★★ 4.78 Fairness
★★★★ 4.50 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 68 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Make decisions, complete a questionnaire, and earn a substantial bonus up to $3.90
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Location is US

Reactions: The Bad Ash

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Personality, Beliefs, and Behaviors(~ 75 minutes) | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Joshua B. Grubbs [A3UQYKR0TGW9RS] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 2.66] [Fast: 4.69] [Comm: 4.25] [Fair: 4.45] [Reviews: 46] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $6.25/hr] [Pen: 0.00 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
An online survey study.
Reward: $6.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 100; Exc: [483455121-40550] has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90; Location is one of: US;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.9

cassius

Reaction score
That's pretty nutty. I've probably been a part of at least 75% of all the major hurricanes that've struck the US in the past 25 years, but none of that holds any water to what I experienced in OKC.

May 3rd tornado strafing around a mere block away from me, leaving behind ruin as if something huge dug their finger into the earth and swirled it around all willy nilly. A gas station nearby even exploded. When it was all over, our backyard was completely littered with debris. A lot of it appeared to be sentimental items, little bits of broken jewelry and a whole bunch of family photos.
MIL some years back was frightened to flashbacks during a bad storm in OKC. She got a plane to Houston to stay with us until everything calmed down. She lived in England during the bombing and that was where her mind went. PTSD can happen any time.

Mr. Krabs

Another Day Another Nickel
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: 15 minute academic study | PANDA
Requester: Prof. Dan Bartels [AR6MXRKDX6EXF] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.28] [Fast: 4.78] [Comm: 4.27] [Fair: 4.87] [Reviews: 189] [ToS: 1]
TO 2:
[Rate: $4.84/hr] [Pen: 0.08 days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: 0% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
We are recruiting participants to complete a 15 minute academic study. You will be presented with descriptions of different behaviors and answer questions about them.
Time: 1 hour
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 0; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 97; Location EqualTo US;

KYLaura

Reaction score
More likely they are weeding out multiple accounts held by one person in an attempt to hold down the scammers.

People likely to get caught in the net of this are people who share a same name and same bank with another turker, couples who have separate turk accounts but share a payments account, inactive users, or users whose banks have changed names over the years and have different routing info. A lot of businesses do routine re-verification but they usually don't put a notice up on their site. I know paypal randomly redoes this every few years.

Now if a turk account is put on hold it's probably because the payment verification lead to something that looked suspicious or there was a simple error with the re-verification. In a perfect company it would be easily fixable once you contact them. We all know, however, that Amazon is not the perfect company.
On the idea of perfect companies, Amazon's money is adequately green, however, even though I accumulate it a penny at a time - not exactly greenly. They put up with me, and I put up with them. Symbiosis of a sort.

Reactions: kryss

Mr. Krabs

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Academic experiment: Memorize items and take a test | PANDA
Requester: Tycho de Back [AGHG3I5G233IH] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: In this online experiment, you are asked to memorize pairs of Japanese and English words or pictures. You then take a short memory test.
Time: 15 minutes
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Age - 18 - 25 EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

Mr. Krabs

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This 6$ Grubbs hit looks awful. Anyone do it recently? Is it actually 70 minutes?

ecko

Contributor
Reaction score
More likely they are weeding out multiple accounts held by one person in an attempt to hold down the scammers.

People likely to get caught in the net of this are people who share a same name and same bank with another turker, couples who have separate turk accounts but share a payments account, inactive users, or users whose banks have changed names over the years and have different routing info. A lot of businesses do routine re-verification but they usually don't put a notice up on their site. I know paypal randomly redoes this every few years.

Now if a turk account is put on hold it's probably because the payment verification lead to something that looked suspicious or there was a simple error with the re-verification. In a perfect company it would be easily fixable once you contact them. We all know, however, that Amazon is not the perfect company.
Now that you mention this, I have two random $1 charges on my bank account from amazon. I know i did not buy anything. They are still pending so i cant see all the details but i wonder if this is them verifying the account. It is the one i use for transfers from payments.

Reactions: sofaslug

CloudNine

Reaction score
Title: Make decisions and earn a substantial bonus (up to $3.90) | PANDA
Requester: CeDEx - Nottingham [A1V7W9RIFE74GH] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 4.17] [Fast: 4.50] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 4.78] [Reviews: 68] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: Make decisions, complete a questionnaire, and earn a substantial bonus up to $3.90
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US;

Be prepared for bubbles on this one

minkyboodle

"And there you have it"
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
MIL some years back was frightened to flashbacks during a bad storm in OKC. She got a plane to Houston to stay with us until everything calmed down. She lived in England during the bombing and that was where her mind went. PTSD can happen any time.
I'm so sorry that she had to endure that. :( I can understand how our storms can cause that kind of reaction, especially the ones back in 2013. Everything is banging around and being blown around due to the high winds, and thunder can definitely remind one of bombing blasts. Does she live in OKC these days? If so, might give her a "hey, how are you doing" call to help ease her mind.

Reactions: cassius

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: You and Your Country - Tell us what you think! ($0.50 for 10mins) | PANDA
Requester: CU Wellness Labs [A1165NJPZ7NRHY] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 21] [ToS: 1]
TO 2:
Not Available
Description: You will be asked a series of questions regarding how often you think about the past, present, and future, about your country, and your country's past and future.
Time: 2 hours
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US;

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Yeah, it's intense because all you can really do is find the most structurally sound area in your home and just curl up into a ball until the sound of howling winds and hail ceases. I'm more than certain that can bring up a number of bad memories.

So yeah, minkyboodle @minkyboodle, stay safe!

Mr. Krabs

Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Pick the Winners Major League Baseball Games | PANDA
Requester: Unanimous A.I. [A1OVB3ATBAQ1KM] (Contact)
TO 1: [Pay: 3.18] [Fast: 4.63] [Comm: 4.33] [Fair: 4.57] [Reviews: 38] [ToS: 0]
TO 2:
[Rate: $8.25/hr] [Pen: -- days] [Res: -- of 0] [Rec: -- of 0] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Description:
Survey to Pick the Winners of Major League Baseball Games
Time: 8 hours
Reward: $1.10
Qualifications: Location EqualTo US;

Reactions: Kliq

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Identification of Financial Fraud from News Report | PANDA
Requester: Robert Biggs [A4AKINFA8PFSH] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: Select the people / organisations that are implicated in financial fraud from a news extract
Time: 3 minutes
HITs Available: 139
Reward: $0.05
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 1000; HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 99;
No TO batch

Reactions: kryss
Status
Not open for further replies.