04/25 - Maestro Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on the year, lol. I rode anything between a 1000 (way too big for me) and a 500 (Honda, hard saddle bags for my leathers when I was in class). I truly love riding. If I wasn't a single mom I wouldn't own a car. Just a bike. For about 18 months of my life all I had was my Honda and it was enough. Plus, a bike is so much cheaper than a car!
yeah i totally get that. a lot of friends in college rode for that very purpose 'cause it was cheap and a lot of fun. Funny thing is back in highschool i put a 2 stroke motor on my bicycle and used that to get to school before i was old enough to drive. not sure if it was legal but if i saw a cop in the distance i'd hit the kill switch and pedal by then start it back up down the road :p Got me going for a year and a half

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
yeah i totally get that. a lot of friends in college rode for that very purpose 'cause it was cheap and a lot of fun. Funny thing is back in highschool i put a 2 stroke motor on my bicycle and used that to get to school before i was old enough to drive. not sure if it was legal but if i saw a cop in the distance i'd hit the kill switch and pedal by then start it back up down the road :p Got me going for a year and a half
I do know that two strokes are not legal where I live!

Reactions: Drwho10

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
I do know that two strokes are not legal where I live!
haha yeah i'm sure it wasn't emission approved lol never got in trouble though and it worked great for the 5 miles up and back everyday

Reactions: tricker

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
haha yeah i'm sure it wasn't emission approved lol never got in trouble though and it worked great for the 5 miles up and back everyday
My worst moment on a bike was when there was an earthquake in SF and I had to cross the Bay Bridge to get home (I lived East Bay at the time). My bike was air cooled so I had to split lanes on the bridge. But that required clutching like every 2 seconds. I could not use my clutch hand for three days after that 2.5 hour ride across the Bay Bridge.

Good times. Those were good times (the 90s rocked!)

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
My worst moment on a bike was when there was an earthquake in SF and I had to cross the Bay Bridge to get home (I lived East Bay at the time). My bike was air cooled so I had to split lanes on the bridge. But that required clutching like every 2 seconds. I could not use my clutch hand for three days after that 2.5 hour ride across the Bay Bridge.

Good times. Those were good times (the 90s rocked!)
good thing you had a slim enough bike to split across the bridge

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Motorcycle. It was my first bike so it was only a 125. Wasn't going fast nor was he but I couldn't get around the drunken piece of shit. I was headed right up someones lawn when the pointed end of his old Ford LTD hit me. He drug the bike another 20 yards and then staggered out yelling at me, stating I was going too fast. If I had been going fast I would've been able to avoid him although I probably would've flipped on the curb. Ah memories of youth. :wink:
It's not exactly the same. I was riding my bicycle home in the midst of a rainstorm. I was about a block away from my home when some very inconsiderate asshat passed me on the left and splashed me with water. I was startled by the water in my face and jerked my handlebars to the wrong side. My handlebar clipped the side view mirror of a car and I ended up doing a somersault over the hood of that car. End result was a face plant on the sidewalk. Me two front teeth were gravel, and the bridge of my glasses shaved off a huge chunk of flesh on the bridge of my nose. That bastard never even stopped.

Reactions: Horse Feathers

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
good thing you had a slim enough bike to split across the bridge
I really didn't. But I had skill to avoid the fat vehicles and those who opened their doors pissed I was splitting lanes!

Drwho10

Mister Gank Yo Hits
Contributor
Reaction score
I really didn't. But I had skill to avoid the fat vehicles and those who opened their doors pissed I was splitting lanes!
so weird. i hardly see people get pissed at lane splitting here since its legal in california. maybe people aren't as used to it up north ?

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.