• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
MTurk has been pretty slow for me in the past few days. I'm seeing like 2 pages of brand new HITs at the most. Which is surprising since I already have the over 500 HITs qual
All excuses for it to be slow are gone next week, spring break, easter and so on, so I am expecting it to pick up then.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Right - that might not be an option for everyone, however (lol)
Very true. I'm thankful I have that option. Before marrying my husband I would of been fighting for that hit. $72 can go a long way for bills or food. (I grew up super poor. I get it)

OH, and welcome!!!!

Jani

Reaction score
All excuses for it to be slow are gone next week, spring break, easter and so on, so I am expecting it to pick up then.
I hope it doesn't cause a supply/demand effect where it causes more people to come online searching for HITs.

I remember someone on r/mturk saying the reason they don't link HITs is because they're saving them for themselves. They seem to be more cliquey and elitist there. This community is so much nicer.

klingeemonster

Contributor
Reaction score
I hope it doesn't cause a supply/demand effect where it causes more people to come online searching for HITs.

I remember someone on r/mturk saying the reason they don't link HITs is because they're saving them for themselves. They seem to be more cliquey and elitist there. This community is so much nicer.
That is a fruitless pursuit, everyone has hitfinders and pandas going, so you might as well share. those people are not keeping any hits from anyone.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
MTurk has been pretty slow for me in the past few days. I'm seeing like 2 pages of brand new HITs at the most. Which is surprising since I already have the over 500 HITs qual
Not sure if I welcome'd you yet, but WELCOME.
And if I have just a double welcome then.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
That is a fruitless pursuit, everyone has hitfinders and pandas going, so you might as well share. those people are not keeping any hits from anyone.
Only thing kept from people might be some secret batches lol! But those are probably very few and require a qual that most of us will never get.
But most surveys are posted asap.

klingeemonster

Contributor
Reaction score
Only thing kept from people might be some secret batches lol! But those are probably very few and require a qual that most of us will never get.
But most surveys are posted asap.
It might take you years, but you usually get a crack at all the quals and the closed ones are given out to people who are extremely good at that hit.

Jani

Reaction score
Not sure if I welcome'd you yet, but WELCOME.
And if I have just a double welcome then.
Thank you. This is a great community. Everybody is very nice and down to earth.
That must be why I see HITs over $1.00 going in seconds. :rolleyes:

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Project Sidewalk: Help us find and label sidewalk problems in Seattle, WA. | Accept
Requester: Project Sidewalk [A1BY8EQA8D4HM0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$15.55] [Pay=Fair] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.87] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=4.82] [Reviews=15] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.47
Duration: 2:00:00
Available: 1
Description: In this task, you will virtually walk through city streets in Seattle, WA to find and label accessibility features (e.g., curb ramps) and problems (e.g., degraded sidewalks, missing curb ramps) using our custom tool called Project Sidewalk.
Qualifications: prev_sidewalk_worker_sea DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: aveline

klingeemonster

Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you. This is a great community. Everybody is very nice and down to earth.

That must be why I see HITs over $1.00 going in seconds. :rolleyes:
50 cent hits ad up and are easy to catch. I,ve done about 30 of them today and they are half of what I have made. Usually only take a couple of minutes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.