04/26 - Tablo Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antamania

TO Mod
Reaction score
Off topic, we have a survey coming shortly. I know it's a lot to ask to fill out a survey for free! But, we'd appreciate greatly if when you got some free time you could give some feedback on turkopticon, and the types of changes you'd like to see and the like.

Again, not a requirement, just a request that would help us greatly. Thank you! It should come directly to your email.

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
It's a lot more likely that the guy lied about not smoking around his kid than it is that the driver made it up. One has a very obvious motivation to lie while the other would be doing it at his own detriment.
I wouldn't doubt it, especially since he wanted to press charges. I wouldn't think someone who wasn't overreacting to something they actually didn't do would even think of doing such a thing.

Reactions: YAHU and Tribune

SpookyMyers

"Enjoy the time you have in the meat puppet."
Contributor
Reaction score

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Off topic, we have a survey coming shortly. I know it's a lot to ask to fill out a survey for free! But, we'd appreciate greatly if when you got some free time you could give some feedback on turkopticon, and the types of changes you'd like to see and the like.

Again, not a requirement, just a request that would help us greatly. Thank you! It should come directly to your email.
https://requester.mturk.com/create/projects/new

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, but what if when I order a Shirley Temple with light shaved ice, a twist of lemon, and extra cherries, it comes with a standard amount of cherries? We've all got to deal with disappointment.
One cherry is the begrudged standard amount. If you get two, consider yourself lucky. Also, if you are an adult who orders a Shirley Temple at a restaurant, or even if your children order one, you darn well ought to tip extra. The Shirley Temple is no mean feat. Servers have to draw the soda from the fountain and then rush to the bar to beg the bartender to stop whatever she's doing to hand over the Grenadine. All of this while your server tries to be mindful of the time that his/her manager has allotted for drinks to be served to a new table.

essjay

Filthy Casual
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't doubt it, especially since he wanted to press charges. I wouldn't think someone who wasn't overreacting to something they actually didn't do would even think of doing such a thing.
I can tell you without a doubt that I would have also wanted to press charges in the same situation. Being on the receiving end of a child welfare investigation is some scary shit, ESPECIALLY if you've done nothing wrong.

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't believe that sentence shouldn't be taken out and shot.
I felt the same way while typing it.
tldr, his overreaction of wanting to press charges makes him seem more suspicious, even though he was hoping for the opposite effect.

Reactions: Tribune and YAHU

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score

Is this for a school project kind of thing or for Turkopticon itself? It would help if you clarified and probably influence whether or not people decide to participate.

Status
Not open for further replies.