04/27 - Wednesday is the day after Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruxy

Reaction score
I wonder how much more I'd have to turk to get by in california... I need out of this midwestern cesspool
24 hours a day if thats going to be your only source of income. Someone on here moved from the south to cali and basically said something to the effect of "I moved to california to pay $500 more in rent for 2 less bedrooms"

Cocoloco

Contributor
Reaction score
Depends on what part of California!
Southern, preferably. I realize I'm not going to make it in the super luxury spots, but somewhere within an hour of a beach would be good.

Reactions: Tribune

Liz

Babysitter
Contributor
Reaction score
I was FB messaging with my husband yesterday while having a particularly difficult turking-while-parenting day. He says he get it, because he sees how the kids can be once he's home, but I was like, "Just imagine A (our 4-year-old) sitting in your office all day while you try to get work done, and all day it's 'Daddy, watch this!' or 'Daddy, can I have some cheese?' and so on and so on. ALL DAY."
Yep did it and can't do it. It's not in me. I love babies LOVE LOVE LOVE them, but for limited amounts of time.

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder how much more I'd have to turk to get by in california... I need out of this midwestern cesspool
What part of California. Some places are worse than whatever cesspool you're talking about and some might be not what you're expecting

all the cheap areas are also the bad areas
You can find decent prices in decent areas if you look hard enough. But looking is the most annoying part

Cocoloco

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been scoping out craigslist a bit, but I feel so uncertain about things that I can't just go and look at. I briefly contemplated Mexico, actually, but I'm worried about the amount of turking that I could do.

Miss.Criss

Turk Lurker
Contributor
Reaction score
What part of California. Some places are worse than whatever cesspool you're talking about and some might be not what you're expecting

You can find decent prices in decent areas if you look hard enough. But looking is the most annoying part
Yeah, I'm in SoCal... it's hard getting by here. But the valley is cheaper. and I've heard Sac is actually pretty cheap. I've been thinking about migrating that way

Cocoloco

Contributor
Reaction score
24 hours a day if thats going to be your only source of income. Someone on here moved from the south to cali and basically said something to the effect of "I moved to california to pay $500 more in rent for 2 less bedrooms"
Well on the upshot, I have a husband who is quite capable of dealing with the public, But yeah, I know we'd be downsizing. Right now we pay 600 for a 2 bedroom apt

Cruxy

Reaction score
I've been wanting to move to New Mexico for years now...i probably never will. But i think it'd be nice.

(im an introvert who doesnt really like people and loves to be left alone...and the desert seems great for that)

YAHU

YAHUUUUUUU
Contributor
Reaction score
Well on the upshot, I have a husband who is quite capable of dealing with the public, But yeah, I know we'd be downsizing. Right now we pay 600 for a 2 bedroom apt
yeah thats impossible lol

edit: sorry thinking city

You might be able to find that outside the cities

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.