04/29 - Melisandre Monday!

Did you bother trying to panda the Rhys Lewis HIT?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
boyfriend and I joke san diego would be the worst orders (navy) he could get. His pay nor housing hardly increased, but the expenses there do. I wouldn't be able to afford to bring my horse. I have a friend who is a very well educated person (navy wife, that's why she is there) and she cannot get a job to save her life
I completely understand...

Living in San Diego, I know a lot of people in the military, and existence in San Diego while being in the military is much different than the non-military existence. Also, I'm not saying the jobs will just drop in one's lap, as it is dependent upon their education, experience, and competition. Also, I'd image that while many employers here are sympathetic and understanding of what military spouses go through, these same employers still have to look-out for their own interests and my not want to hire someone who may have to relocate in the somewhat near-future...

In regards to horses, I live right next to the Del Mar & Rancho Santa Fe area, which is horse territory, but it's also retired multi-millionaire territory, so stabling a horse is astronomically expensive. East County is an affordable place for large animals and acreage, but it's hard to live all the way out there and away from the coast if a spouse needs to at one of the Navy bases.

Last edited:
Reactions: LucyO and savvy

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm just not a fan of super hero movies in general, they're so damn predictable and it seems like they're all the same. I did enjoy gaurdians and deadpool, ragnorak was ok but wouldn't watch it again
Yeah, the writing is normally so safe and formulaic.

There are some exceptions but I don't buy into the hype for these movies either.

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
I completely understand...

Living in San Diego, I know a lot of people in the military, and existence in San Diego while being in the military is much different than the non-military existence. Also, I'm not saying the jobs will just drop in one's lap, as it is dependent upon their education, experience, and competition. Also, I'd image that while many employers here are sympathetic and understanding of what military spouses go through, these same employers still have to look-out for their own interests and my not want to hire someone who may have to relocate in the somewhat near-future...

In regards to horses, I live right next to the Del Mar & Rancho Santa Fe area, which is horse territory, but it's also retired multi-millionaire territory, so stabling a horse is astronomically expensive. East County is an affordable place for large animals and acreage, but it's hard to live all the way out there and away from the coast if a spouse needs to at one of the Navy bases.
I haven't even looked at board there, tbh, I just know I couldn't afford to feed my horse. Can't grow hay there, it has to be trucked in, so it's very, very expensive.

I understand, as I live in a very expensive, completely military town on the east coast. We are very expensive here, just not as expensive as SD lol. Lived here my whole life. I didn't realize how it expensive it is where I am until I was an adult and had a dream to own property. Also insanely hard to get a job here unless you're IT, nurse, or in the military.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
I'm just not a fan of super hero movies in general, they're so damn predictable and it seems like they're all the same. I did enjoy gaurdians and deadpool, ragnorak was ok but wouldn't watch it again
super hero movies tend to be low hanging fruit. films that bring adults and kids alike to the movies. as long as they keep making globs and globs of money Hollywood will keep putting them out

Amon

Contributor
Reaction score
super hero movies tend to be low hanging fruit. films that bring adults and kids alike to the movies. as long as they keep making globs and globs of money Hollywood will keep putting them out
When are you starting to work on the David Schwimmer movie?

Reactions: Peachy

alk69

Reaction score
And Spec's don't forget Spec's.
Oh, boy! Spec's!! Only place I've been able to find Old Peculiar ale. Started going there when Spec was still trailing about the place on his roller skates.

Reactions: cassius

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
When are you starting to work on the David Schwimmer movie?
once i get more short stories written. also not a movie but a show

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Personal Experiences Survey -- $1.75(~ 20 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Matthew McLarnon [A36R7KCTD4NMTB] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay=3.50] [Fast=0.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=0.00] [Reviews=4] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.75
Duration: 35:00
Available: 63
Description: Participate in a study requesting your involvement in an online survey about your motivational, behavioral, and attitudinal tendencies. If you choose to participate you will be asked to complete a brief demographics questionnaire, and several questionnaires about your personality, attitudes, perceptions, and motivational styles. To participate must be: 18 years or older, fluent English speaker, employed on a full-time basis, and a U.S. citizen.
Qualifications: Location In US; Exc: [144193-143604] DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
.[/td][/tr]

cassius

Reaction score
Oh, boy! Spec's!! Only place I've been able to find Old Peculiar ale. Started going there when Spec was still trailing about the place on his roller skates.
Old downtown before all the construction and road changes and before they grew to the size of a real warehouse. Yeah, I remember. And the book store that was downtown, loved that place with all its European stuff.

Reactions: alk69

Bliss

aloof hedonist
Reaction score
Greetings from Amazon Mechanical Turk,

You've received a bonus from Samantha Horn for work related to 3EFNPKWBMSOSKVQKN9EU64ZGO3803V.
The value of your bonus is: $0.10 USD

The Requester included this note:
Congratulations on guessing correctly!

Thanks for being a Worker on Mechanical Turk!

I'm gonna buy a Yacht now. :shrug:

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: Play some games where you split money(~ 7 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Ricardo Rodriguez-Padilla [A3TF7SVIC2GIJN] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$13.30] [Pay=Good] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.08] [Fast=4.43] [Comm=2.33] [Fair=4.57] [Reviews=14] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: This is a two-part survey; Part 2 will take place a week after Part 1 is completed. Combined compensation from both parts is $3.00 ($1.00 for Part 1; $2.00 for Part 2), plus the potential for bonuses
Qualifications: Exc: [1665981812-143091] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1000; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
2:30[/td][/tr]

Reactions: DatJersey and Bliss
Status
Not open for further replies.