04/30 - Meerkat Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkLion

Contributor
Reaction score
Received this message at the end of a survey:

"Your requester is trying to use a tool called TurkCheck, which has been shut down. They may not be aware that it has been shut down.

1. Submit your hit, as you deserve to get paid (you had finished the whole thing).
2. Write to the requester and let them know."

I did steps one and two (I was gonna do that anyway). I also did some googling on TurkCheck and saw this as the first link.

Also, a few users in this Reddit thread seem to imply that mTurk is trying to further monetize the platform. Not sure if that's true or not but it definitely would not surprise me.

I just hope this doesn't cause unnecessary rejections and it's going to be time-wasting and annoying to have to write a requester every time if they used TurkCheck.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about your opinions | Accept
Requester: Youngjoon Choi [A3J0PNXBIDW7NI] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $24.17] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.50] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $1.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about a one-minute demo video
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Define "Constant view of the marketplace"
Multiple monitors with all my scripts on them.

Overwatch, Hit Finder, Hit Scraper, etc.

Closed quals and masters, without either of those it's gonna be really hard to hit 100 in a day.
Today yes, on an average day I disagree.

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
Define "Constant view of the marketplace"
Utilizing scripts such as HF, OW, HS, etc to do a little of the work for you. But from my understanding, essentially what it sounds like. Constantly keeping an eye on what is posting, and working on it as soon as reasonably possible.

Edit* Beat to it by C to the J @C to the J :wink:

Reactions: turkLion

Ryan187

Mtwerker
Reaction score
Great creative writing HITs (search on the forum, there should be a panda in the recent pages) an easy $2.50 if it's up your alley.

IMO, I've had the best luck most any time of the year outside of the spring. It's so variable based on the work you're willing to do, what your goal is, and how hard you will actually work toward that goal. I've had my fair share of days (as I'm sure most have) of not making money, simply because I lacked the motivation to do what I needed to do, versus what I would prefer to do.

I definitely find the spring time to be driest, but with MTurk, it truly is a waiting game. My best days/weeks/seasons have been the times that I have been able and motivated to focus, and able to work as often as possible. Finding the balance between looking for work, knowing your reputable regular requesters, and knowing when to stop before burning out, all takes a lot of time...and it's very specific to your own style.

I guess what I'm saying, before this turns into a book, is that you'll get the best results when you are on MTurk as often as possible, and if you use your time and resources as wisely as possible. What that means exactly will be different for everyone.
Better than any Qual.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Social Interaction and Belief Survey | Accept
Requester: Neurophil Lab [A13F2B158OCZDI] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $1.50
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Multiple choice survey: features of your social networks and beliefs. This survey will take about 10-15 minutes. [Participants must have been fluent in English for 5 years or more.]
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Location In AU, CA, GB, NZ, US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
Received this message at the end of a survey:

"Your requester is trying to use a tool called TurkCheck, which has been shut down. They may not be aware that it has been shut down.

1. Submit your hit, as you deserve to get paid (you had finished the whole thing).
2. Write to the requester and let them know."

I did steps one and two (I was gonna do that anyway). I also did some googling on TurkCheck and saw this as the first link.

Also, a few users in this Reddit thread seem to imply that mTurk is trying to further monetize the platform. Not sure if that's true or not but it definitely would not surprise me.

I just hope this doesn't cause unnecessary rejections and it's going to be time-wasting and annoying to have to write a requester every time if they used TurkCheck.
I’m fine with that reasoning for not allowing it, and the qualification suggestion idea they give is perfect, but it just seems odd since so many requesters still get away with making us return hits after accepting over and over again anyway.

rjd66

Need help,send BATCHES
Contributor
Reaction score
Utilizing scripts such as HF, OW, HS, etc to do a little of the work for you. But from my understanding, essentially what it sounds like. Constantly keeping an eye on what is posting, and working on it as soon as reasonably possible.

Edit* Beat to it by C to the J @C to the J :wink:
That's why I asked because I do all those things and still make crap money.

Status
Not open for further replies.