04/30 - Meerkat Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
That's why I asked because I do all those things and still make crap money.
Well, it's different for everyone. I will say that in most aspects of life, given the same tools and opportunities, not everyone has the same outcome. Mturk is no different really. Closed quals do factor into things, as well as the fact that not every person will necessarily qual for the same stuff, as many things are limited to certain income levels, ages, genders, sexual orientations, employment status, etc, etc, etc...

TSolo315

SnapNCrackle
Administrator
Reaction score
I’m fine with that reasoning for not allowing it, and the qualification suggestion idea they give is perfect, but it just seems odd since so many requesters still get away with making us return hits after accepting over and over again anyway.
It sounds like all this did was if you open a HIT with a survey you had already done, it would immediately give you a "you have already done this survey, return please" message.

This is a GOOD WAY of screening people out, second only to using qualifications. Not sure why Amazon would be upset about that, considering the other shit they just let go.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
It sounds like all this did was if you open a HIT with a survey you had already done, it would immediately give you a "you have already done this survey, return please" message.

This is a GOOD WAY of screening people out, second only to using qualifications. Not sure why Amazon would be upset about that, considering the other shit they just let go.
I believe it was Turkcheck who added ads at the end of surveys so they probably got butthurt about that.

shoesue87

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Judging Face Similarity(~ 30 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Eyewitness Lab [A23G14DF61WLWN] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $10.63] [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.67] [Fast: 4.33] [Comm: 3.00] [Fair: 4.33] [Reviews: 6] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $3.65
Duration: 45 minutes
Available: 1
Description: You will be asked how similar you perceive pairs of faces to be.
Requirements: Exc: [85976-85387] DoesNotExist; Location In AU, CA, GB, NZ, US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

shoesue87

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Reading and Responding to Stories (~15 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Benjamin Bergen [AWBXH1X3IXP0P] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 3.33] [Fast: 3.30] [Comm: 2.40] [Fair: 3.40] [Reviews: 17] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $2.50
Duration: 1 hour
Description: Read a series of short passages, then answer a timed question about the passage.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Completed Reading/Responding to Stories DoesNotExist; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score
Multiple monitors with all my scripts on them.

Overwatch, Hit Finder, Hit Scraper, etc.

Today yes, on an average day I disagree.
God I wish I could get multiple monitors. And multiple computers while Im at it. As it is I have my almost ten year old low-ram Mac Mini with a 32” Dynex tv for a monitor (which is my only screen and doubles as my actual tv when I switch input). Sometimes when Im trying to do good hits fast my computer makes noise and gets overheated (loading pages) so I have to slow down just for that, and god forbid I try to keep on a hitfinder or PC while I’m doing work; the computer has a complete temper tantrum and won’t let me work. I’ve learned to work around these limitations but how nice it would be not to have them.

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
God I wish I could get multiple monitors. And multiple computers while Im at it. As it is I have my almost ten year old low-ram Mac Mini with a 32” Dynex tv for a monitor (which is my only screen and doubles as my actual tv when I switch input). Sometimes when Im trying to do good hits fast my computer makes noise and gets overheated (loading pages) so I have to slow down just for that, and god forbid I try to keep on a hitfinder or PC while I’m doing work; the computer has a complete temper tantrum and won’t let me work. I’ve learned to work around these limitations but how nice it would be not to have them.
I feel your pain brother.
When I started on this hustle I think I was using a computer from '04-'05

A6_Foul_Out

I only use Organic TurkerView reviews
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9cvkeo2GtU

This should be more than enough for you to turk. Follow the instructions and see what you can find on ebay with the processor/8gb ram and a ssd maybe.

Last edited:

C to the J

Outlaw Turker
Contributor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
..So watching batch hits as they come in is a good use of time.
I mean if you have literally nothing else to work on yea.
But otherwise 99% of the time I'm working on something (even if it's a shit .50 survey) while keeping one eye/monitor on everything else and hoping something will save me.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Solve numerical reasoning puzzles | Accept
Requester: TA Research [A2QN52Y15Q9P4S] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $45.41] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.54] [Fast: 4.34] [Comm: 3.16] [Fair: 4.28] [Reviews: 124] [ToS: 3]
TO2: [Hrly: ---] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$4.00
Duration: 1 hour
Description: Solve numerical reasoning puzzles
Requirements: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

An Island in the Sun

Part-time brat
Reaction score

It sounded like it was that thing where you have to click on a link in a hit to see if you’re eligible, which is why it broke the “hits shouldn’t make you go to another link before accepting” thing. Yeah it’s better than some other things requesters do, but that’s not a high bar to reach. The qual thing is much better and any requester can do it so I don’t see any need for this turkcheck thing just imo.

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
I'm on a slightly newer mac than you are, with a similar setup of using a TV for my display. One word of advice having dealt with similar frustrations, is to install a fan control application, such as SMC Fan Control. I run SMC on my Mac and it allows me to adjust when the fans will run and at what rpm they run. OSX does a decent job, but it can't predict what you'll be doing on the computer as well as you may be able to.

I keep my default fan speed about 1000rpm higher than OSX usually runs the fans, and I occasionally switch to my High speed preset, with the fans just below max RPM. This helps me keep the temps in my mac low enough that I never run into temp based glitches, etc, any longer. Also, it never hurts to tear it apart and give things a good through cleaning, or at the very least, vacuum out the vents that are accessible. :)
ive got a monitor hookd up to a laptop with a dad screen. a tv hooked to a chromebook that has a cracked screen. and this laptop is broken in two so i have the screen leaning against some books
Sounds like you could use a little duct tape :wink:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.