05/04 - Flamingo Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokamo

Reaction score
Honest question, for people with lower goals do you have other income or just less bills? A lot of times if I don't routinely hit my high goal I feel like I may have some issues.
My husband's income carries the household, the extra stuff I do is my own "mad money" for the most part. If we want to go away for a weekend, or pay my daughters cheer bill ($$$$$$$), or like right now I'm saving my mturk money up for a new stove. Stuff that we COULD afford, but I hate to take away from the normal budget for if that makes sense?

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Edit: Google is your friend

Last edited:

tricker

Contributor
Reaction score
Honest question, for people with lower goals do you have other income or just less bills? A lot of times if I don't routinely hit my high goal I feel like I may have some issues.
Mturk is my second income. I have a full time job M-F in an office. But due to high bills (mostly teeth related ones) I've needed a second income for the last few years. My current goal is $500 per month, but I'm happy if I make $450. It used to be $200 but I wasn't making any progress on paying off teeth bills. Once teeth bills are paid off I'm sure I'll need mturk to help pay for the kid's college.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Less bills

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
So what kinda earnings is everyone looking at today?
25.25 - Only notable because it's a fun number, and because I haven't spent much time in front of the computer.

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
anybody have contact info for Sean Kortschot? his hit threw a giant PHP error, he doesn't give any contact info within the hit and for the life of me I can't remember where you find the contact form on worker. TIA

CakesandPies

Reaction score
I work full time so I have other income, and also usually only have time to turk between IT calls. So I usually aim for $5-10 a day.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm going to list off my bills I have and someone call tell me if that is high....take in mind my GF has a full time job so I'm the second income.

Rent-1150
Electic/Water right now it's about 175 but during the summer it well get well over 300 probably close to 4 if not higher not sure how this house will go since we just moved.
Gas now like 50 never gets higher than say 85.
Internet-130
Phone-50
Trash is 45 bucks every 2 months

Reactions: klingeemonster

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I work full time so I have other income, and also usually only have time to turk between IT calls. So I usually aim for $5-10 a day.
Hrm I wonder if those of us with the 50+ goals are the rare ones.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Both? I split the household bills with my partner, and he pays most of the steady ones. I pay everything that fluctuates (including groceries) and my own personal bills out of my Turk money. I have a bare minimum ($600) to pay the bills I'm responsible for, and anything else goes to groceries, fun things with the kids, art supplies, flowers, etc. But I've discovered we have a ridiculously low cost of living, here, and I'm also pretty thrifty.

klingeemonster

Does this poncho make me look fat?
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Decision making survey | Accept
Requester: Alex Imas [A3O7WJ8DGFDD8K] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $17.60] [Pay: 4.88] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.11] [Fast: 3.96] [Comm: 2.60] [Fair: 4.82] [Reviews: 34] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.30
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 1
Description: Make a series of choices under uncertainty
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
I made 2 bucks in 2 minutes on this one, with the bonus.

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both? I split the household bills with my partner, and he pays most of the steady ones. I pay everything that fluctuates (including groceries) and my own personal bills out of my Turk money. I have a bare minimum ($600) to pay the bills I'm responsible for, and anything else goes to groceries, fun things with the kids, art supplies, flowers, etc. But I've discovered we have a ridiculously low cost of living, here, and I'm also pretty thrifty.
I tend to pay all of the bills and pitch in part of the rent...depending on how well that month goes.

CakesandPies

Reaction score
Hrm I wonder if those of us with the 50+ goals are the rare ones.
Man, I would be like disappointed on the daily lol. Its very rare for me to hit that goal. On average I'm typically between the $10 and $25 range, and that's on a fairly good day. Usually I'm so worn out by the time I get home I rarely turk there. I'm sure if I had a better setup or could wake up early enough to catch the good stuff I'd be joining the $50+ club :)

lolkatB

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm going to list off my bills I have and someone call tell me if that is high....take in mind my GF has a full time job so I'm the second income.

Rent-1150
Electic/Water right now it's about 175 but during the summer it well get well over 300 probably close to 4 if not higher not sure how this house will go since we just moved.
Gas now like 50 never gets higher than say 85.
Internet-130
Phone-50
Trash is 45 bucks every 2 months
We pay 150-250 electricity
$80 for water and sewage
$60 for tv
$80 for internet
$70 for phones

We own our house outright so no rent/mortgage.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmaMarie

Stacy B

Ask me about Horse Racing. Please.
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Survey of U.S. working PARENTS of child(ren) under 3 y.o. ($2 for 25 min.) | Accept
Requester: LUCL [A6U9QX1Y958BS] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $31.30] [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: null] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.48] [Fast: 3.75] [Comm: 2.31] [Fair: 3.58] [Reviews: 35] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $2.00
Duration: 4 hours
Available: 1
Description: Complete a survey about yourself, your relationships, and your experiences.
Requirements: Gender - Female EqualTo 1; Parenthood Status EqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: AmaMarie

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Your rent is nearly our entire household expenses :ROFL:
That's kind of insane...but having 7 people tends to cause that.

I wonder where you live now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.