05/04 - Flamingo Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Survey task - answer questions about your personality and behaviors | Accept
Requester: Ashley Hansen-Brown [A5HO9MQYEXTVG] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: $1.20
Duration: 25 minutes
Available: 1
Description: In this task, you will complete several surveys involving questions about your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. This task will take about 5-10 minutes.
Requirements: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
Their time estimate is wildly off

SweetiePuff

No Lifer
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
the classic response is ...." making almost $0 is better than making a certain $0 plus I find them FUN" :banghead:
While I totally agree with the sentiment, I can completely empathize and see that point of view. It's almost like asking someone "why do you work at mcdonald's versus *insert higher paying no degree/training job here*'. I have a difficult time judging either position; I can only be grateful that I'm in a position where I can be selective in the work I choose to complete here at the MTruk.

Theta Carinae

minor superhero nerd
Contributor
Reaction score
the classic response is ...." making almost $0 is better than making a certain $0 plus I find them FUN" :banghead:
I didn't find that people talked about having fun so much as that they were straight up terrified of not being able to pay bills and whatnot - but oh, yeah, the whole "$2 is better than $0" thing was pretty constant. It's an argument I quit trying to have a long time ago - and in all fairness, if I was as afraid as some of the people I talked to, I probably wouldn't be super rational either. It's hard out there

Reactions: SweetiePuff

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
Title: 5-7 minute survey about living abroad - only accept if you have lived outside of the US at some point | AcceptA
Requester: Nivriti Chowdhry [A3C2TZ2I2YHYRT] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $10.82] [Pay: 3.50] [Fast: 4.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 3.35] [Fast: 4.62] [Comm: 3.57] [Fair: 4.67] [Reviews: 48] [ToS: 1]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.60
Duration: 40 minutes
Available: 12
Description: For people who have lived in countries other than the US ONLY: Describe your time living abroad (40 minute time limit)
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 50; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US

One day...

Reactions: <Gucci>

Michele

Working on degree in Moon
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Evaluate the usability of a search engine. | Accept
Requester: Zachary [A338RYLOXSDIJH] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $23.50] [Pay: 4.83] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 5.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 5.00] [Reviews: 27] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.50
Duration: 10 minutes
Description: Use the given search engine to perform search tasks and evaluate the experience for usefulness and efficiency.
Requirements: Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
While I totally agree with the sentiment, I can completely empathize and see that point of view. It's almost like asking someone "why do you work at mcdonald's versus *insert higher paying no degree/training job here*'. I have a difficult time judging either position; I can only be grateful that I'm in a position where I can be selective in the work I choose to complete here at the MTruk.
But without doing any penny hits or much of anything under .05 I make my $50 to $100 a day 7 days a week.... so yeah that stuff shouldn't be done or ever justified for being done.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
But without doing any penny hits or much of anything under .05 I make my $50 to $100 a day 7 days a week.... so yeah that stuff shouldn't be done or ever justified for being done.
On the other hand, if everyone did that, you'd probably make less.

Or something, I'm just arguing until I feel it's acceptable to leave for the day.

SAJ

Friendly Muppet
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
On the other hand, if everyone did that, you'd probably make less.

Or something, I'm just arguing until I feel it's acceptable to leave for the day.
Yeah it's a whole lot of "if that then this" type of scenarios but I am mainly referring things that once paid great and kept getting done all the way down to a penny...and that penny now contains what amounts to 4 hits worth of work.

Reactions: GTR and Jaded

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Academic research study for investors - potential bonus (~ 10 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Becca [AZMNPK3S92YUM] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: [Pay: 4.00] [Fast: 0.00] [Comm: 0.00] [Fair: 0.00] [Reviews: 2] [ToS: 0]
TO2:
No Reviews
Reward: $0.50
Duration: 30 minutes
Available: 7
Description: This is a research study about investor perceptions of company cybersecurity disclosures. If you have experience investing in individual stocks or mutual funds, and understand, in general terms, the purpose of external audits we would like to know your reaction to these disclosures. The study will take approximately 10 minutes. You will be asked to assume the role of an investor, read narratives, and answer questions based on the information provided. You will be compensated $0.50 for satisfactory participation and an extra $0.75 bonus for answering all comprehension check questions correctly. No mobile devices.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 5000; Exc: [87008-86419] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Location In US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: nopoopwarez

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah it's a whole lot of "if that then this" type of scenarios but I am mainly referring things that once paid great and kept getting done all the way down to a penny...and that penny now contains what amounts to 4 hits worth of work.
Oh yeah, shit like that should be boycotted

Reactions: SAJ

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
My grandfather was a very healthy farmer who was never sick until he got a sinus infection. The doctor got him to test some experimental drug (and sign all his rights away). Within a day of taking that drug his body started shutting down. They had to put him in an induced coma as one by one his heart, kidneys, liver, etc. quit working. He was hooked up to tubes and kept alive for several months. It was a painful death with lots of suffering. We all believe that he would still be alive and well if they had just given him antibiotics. So I would not recommend being a human guinea pig.
So sorry! That sounds horrible. :(

Reactions: sudilly

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Making Socio-Political Judgments (WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised.) | Accept
Requester: IMC Lab [A1T434NH13YMQU] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $16.83] [Pay: 4.18] [Fast: 4.80] [Comm: 5.00] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.02] [Fast: 4.62] [Comm: 4.00] [Fair: 4.73] [Reviews: 53] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $6.00] [Pen: 1.00 days] [Res: ---] [Rec: 100% of 1] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$1.00
Duration: 40 minutes
Description: Read about a socio-political issue and make some judgments about it.
Requirements: ReasonsMemoryRobertov2 DoesNotExist; ReasonsMemoryRoberto3 DoesNotExist; ReasonsMemoryRoberto DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 80; Location EqualTo US; Adult Content Qualification EqualTo 1
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.