05/04 - Flamingo Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's Gamera!

Flippant Amniote
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Duh, obviously because of one of the previous run-ins with the subwoofer...cats.
[SPOIER=lame story]
For my whole life, I've sat 'criss cross applesauce' or whatever you call it, when I would sit on the floor. Ten years ago, my right knee started to "pop in and out of place" when I would sit that way, and sometimes in other situations. My regular doctor said it was probably nothing, and just in my head. She said if it didn't hurt, don't worry, and if it did hurt, not to let it happen. It never hurt when it would happen, I just would have to stretch my leg out straight for it to pop back in place.

Fast forward to February of this year. I sat like that, and my knee did it's thing...but when I straightened it, it wouldn't pop back. Ended up being my lateral meniscus that was "popping in and out of place" all those years, so I tore the shit out of it. They had to suture it back in 7 places after removing the dead tissue, etc.

So, I have to use the crutches until the doctor says I can put weight on it again. Had surgery on the 18th of April, so now it's just 3-6 months of physical therapy. It was originally going to be 4-6 weeks, but when they got inside my knee they realized it was more fucked that they thought from the MRI.

Moral of the story, it never hurts to get second opinions on things...and to be as vigilant about your health as possible before you run into an issue![/SPOILER]

We had a family friend named Richard Johnson. People often called him Dick, but never Dick Dick :p
But Dik Diks are noble creatures.

GTR

Reaction score
have to say, I was not that impressed with that Johnson, maybe when i get my hands on a few more i will be able to appreciate them

Reactions: LittleDrummerBoy

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
But Dik Diks are noble creatures.

That is SO CUTE!
have to say, I was not that impressed with that Johnson, maybe when i get my hands on a few more i will be able to appreciate them
I've got to say, I'm impressed that we've successfully kept up all of this talk about Johnsons for this long! Way to go MTC, make me proud!

Starslip

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
If you're fishing for Johnsons, add a bit of enjoyment to your life and turn on the sound on HIT catcher. The way it says them is entertaining, so enthusiastic. "HIT caught Joooohhnnn Johnson"

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
If you're fishing for Johnsons, add a bit of enjoyment to your life and turn on the sound on HIT catcher. The way it says them is entertaining, so enthusiastic. "HIT caught Joooohhnnn Johnson"
May have to switch from PC to HC for a little bit, just for this. Makes me think of GTR @GTR and all of his custom named hits in HC :p I can only imagine what he has John Johnson renamed as...

Reactions: Starslip and GTR

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
Pelicans cause they're suddenly better than the Warriors, or because the NBA makes more money if it goes more than 4 games? :thinking:
the latter. i always consider what the NBA wants when making picks. I figured Pelicans would probably take at least one game and I went on a ledge thinking it would be tonight. the game is also not over yet, but I see NO holding on. and then probably GSW taking the next two games

the Rockets game is interesting tonight. I would not be suprised if Utah wins. however, I still don’t see Utah winning the series. These games in Utah are kind of hard to pick. That atmosphere is probably one of the toughest NBA arenas to play in

Status
Not open for further replies.