05/04 - Shine on you Crazy Diamond Saturday

How often do you turk from a mobile device (phone, tablet, etc)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Keep forgetting to ask

but has anyone else gotten an email from Surveycomet this week about the predict the future hits and how we can go back in and adjust things? Or is it just me?
Not just you. Mine was confirming that I had gotten the one with the link to update anytime.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Firefox has a glitch right now that has disabled all add-ons due to a certificate expiration problem. They are supposedly working on a fix for it.
TY for the update. I don't follow firefox developments closely unless it hits my twitter feed and I didn't see anything about the certificates.

Even tho today's dead HITs-wise, it's a good opportunity for me to at least set up MTS Chrome in case of future firefox MTS problems. I have chrome anyway for a page that doesn't work well in FF so it's just a matter of installing the chrome plugin.

Reactions: MirrorMan

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Title: Quick and Fun Test! - only takes 15 minutes! | Accept
Requester: Erik [A1EVVM0P7RT7ZK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$16.21] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=5.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=3] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=6.63] [Pen=null] [Res=null] [Rec=50] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=1]
Reward: 1.51
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 24
Description: -
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
ok, chrome MTS set up. I love how it's idiot (me) proof to install!

I wish I knew how to access the Hit Catcher FireFox config to copy the HIT ID's to put them into Chrome MTS until FF certificate issue gets resolved.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Not just you. Mine was confirming that I had gotten the one with the link to update anytime.
Oh good. I didn't see anyone else mention it, and in my paranoid "everything is about me" mind, I was like "am I so bad at it they're like 'hey dummy you can also fix things' just to me??" haha

alk69

Reaction score
aahhhhh.

The greatest part of having a 74 year old dad is the major anniversary date things that happened before I was alive, such as the JFK assassination, first moon landing, jfk/nixon, etc. Can't tease him with Pearl Harbor as he was born about a year and a half after that. I think the JFK assassination hurts the most as he was in college when that happened so him being in college when it happened + 56 years ago this November means he's old. :wink:

EDIT: 76 this late summer, not 74. Glad I go see him on a daily basis - who knows how much longer I get to hang with him!
Warning: Recall a time.............I was in high school when JFK was assassinated. I can remember that so clearly. It was unusually hot and sunny. We were in a history class and the bell didn't ring. They finally announced that the bell was being held and would ring for us to go to homeroom. In about 15 minutes two men dressed in black suits, black shoes, white shirts and(I swear)black sunglasses. came to our room and collected one of the students--John Connolly, Jr. Well, you can imagine the rumors then. Everyone knew where the president was--in Dallas--and where the gov. of Texas was--in Dallas. We were let out of school after a long wait in our homerooms. Of course by then we all knew what had to have happened. I still remember the slant of the sunlight across the school steps as I went to where my Mom was waiting.
It's both good and bad to be old enough to remember these things. It certainly adds to your perspective.

Last edited:

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh good. I didn't see anyone else mention it, and in my paranoid "everything is about me" mind, I was like "am I so bad at it they're like 'hey dummy you can also fix things' just to me??" haha
I plummeted from 54 to 316 this week. That might be exactly what they're trying to say.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Warning: Recall a time.............I was in high school when JFK was assassinated. I can remember that so clearly. It was unusually hot and sunny. We were in a history class and the bell didn't ring. They finally announced that the bell was being held and would ring for us to go to homeroom. In about 15 minutes two men dressed in black suits, black shoes, white shirts and(I swear)black sunglasses. came to our room and collected one of the students--John Connolly, Jr. Well, you can imagine the rumors then. Everyone knew where the president was--in Dallas--and where the gov. of Texas was--in Dallas. We were let out of school after a long wait in our homerooms. Of course by then we all knew what had to have happened. I still remember the slant of the sunlight across the school steps as I went to where my Mom was waiting.
It's both good and bad to be old enough to remember these things. It certainly adds to your perspective.
I remember watching the Challenger blow up. We were watching the shuttle launch in school. It was still a big deal then. I also remember my boss coming out to the jobsite and telling us to pack up for the day on 9/11/2001. I was in second grade for the first one. I was 22 for the second.

Last edited:

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
But why was John Connolly Jr taken out?

Reactions: alk69 and Nikoratos

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
But why was John Connolly Jr taken out?
I would imagine because the father was shot in the assassination and authorities wanted to rush the family to the hospital to await word on his health or keep up with what the doctors were doing.

Reactions: alk69

GRR

Reaction score
Title: Rain Betting | Accept
Requester: andrew meyer [A27MITQOTS1AQW] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$20.45] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.79] [Fast=4.74] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=58] [ToS=1]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.20
Duration: 3:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Decide whether to be on rain in a city
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 98; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50; Location EqualTo US; weatherBets DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
1 min[/td][/tr]

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I would imagine because the father was shot in the assassination and authorities wanted to rush the family to the hospital to await word on his health or keep up with what the doctors were doing.
Oh dang, okay I googled it again and looked deeper and get it now. That's wild.

MagicalStreams

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.
Reaction score
I remember watching the Challenger blow up. We were watching the shuttle launch in school. It was still a big deal then. I also remember my boss coming out to the jobsite and telling us to pack up for the day on 9/11/2001. I was in second grade for the first one. I was 22 for the second.
I remember watching the Challenger blow up, our entire class was in the school library watching, and when it blew up, the grown ups all were holding back tears and getting us back to class.We ate snacks all day and the school counselor was trying to make sure no one was traumatized
I remember my husband calling me on my day off on 9/11 ( I was sleeping in) and telling me to stay out of Atlanta that day, that there was explosions and bombs all around the country, so to stay out of Atlanta. I had no idea what was going on, until I turn on the TV and within minutes the 1st tower fell.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Challenger - middle school, 10am'ish, settling into my chair in the classroom getting ready for that school period to start. Someone mentioned Challenger exploded and I didn't believe it. I remember saying something like "I can't believe it because the shuttle has proven its reliability". Thinking back on the middle school me, I was naive. My adult self is not surprised given all we've learned about shuttle design in these decades since Challenger.

9/11 - worried about my dad's safety as he worked for a national laboratory and it wasn't beyond my worst-case scenario thoughts that since our country seemed to be under attack, the national lab might make a great target. Very relieved when the lab sent all the employees home and he walked through the door.

Reactions: SherryNotShirley
Status
Not open for further replies.