05/04 - Shine on you Crazy Diamond Saturday

How often do you turk from a mobile device (phone, tablet, etc)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

alk69

Reaction score
But why was John Connolly Jr taken out?
His father was Governor of Texas at the time. And they were fearful of more assassinations. I guess you don't know about the Cold War? They used to looking under all the rocks for spies and traitors. The lunacy of it was this country doesn't need a foreigner to kill off each other.

Reactions: Despairagus

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I remember watching the Challenger blow up, our entire class was in the school library watching, and when it blew up, the grown ups all were holding back tears and getting us back to class.We ate snacks all day and the school counselor was trying to make sure no one was traumatized
I remember my husband calling me on my day off on 9/11 ( I was sleeping in) and telling me to stay out of Atlanta that day, that there was explosions and bombs all around the country, so to stay out of Atlanta. I had no idea what was going on, until I turn on the TV and within minutes the 1st tower fell.
I was in 7th grade when 9/11 happened and had NO idea what was happening. My last class period mentioned it briefly but not in detail. My sister picked me up and I could tell something was up. Honestly, I still didn't fully comprehend it all even when I knew what was happening.

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Did you guys see they released a new sketch in the Delphi Murder Case? That's the one that freaks me out the most right now.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
His father was Governor of Texas at the time. And they were fearful of more assassinations. I guess you don't know about the Cold War? They used to looking under all the rocks for spies and traitors. The lunacy of it was this country doesn't need a foreigner to kill off each other.
I know a little bit, but admittedly have never tried to learn much about it on my own, and public school didn't go over very much. I was not alive for all this.

Reactions: alk69

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I'm digging Chrome MTS - weird to have a female announce the HIT caught instead of a male one like Firefox.

TV integration seems better in chrome too (chrome TV info seems more slick compared to firefox even though you think it should all be identical function).

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
I think it's cool how you can tell from MTC how turking is going.

Seems this week we've seen the longest daily worker threads in awhile (at least since I started turking in January). I take that to mean HIT quantities are so bad that we get to hang here waiting for something instead of being so busy working on HITs.

Reactions: CrazyCatLady

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'm digging Chrome MTS - weird to have a female announce the HIT caught instead of a male one like Firefox.

TV integration seems better in chrome too (chrome TV info seems more slick compared to firefox even though you think it should all be identical function).
My MTS alternates between women and male. lol

CrazyCatLady

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Seems this week we've seen the longest daily worker threads in awhile (at least since I started turking in January). I take that to mean HIT quantities are so bad that we get to hang here waiting for something instead of being so busy working on HITs.
It was probably the Survivor game. It had to do with posting or something.

Despairagus

Jorf Beeboos ???
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

I don't think so. We did have the Survivor thing that was an issue (edit: it wasn't an issue, it was just a thing where we were meant to post but I think we all just posted normally anyhow lmfao), but I feel almost like there are more people posting when there ARE hits to work on, b/c when nothing is going on at all everyone sort of... migrates away from the computers to do real life stuff.

At least I do.

Sometimes.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyCatLady

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
My MTS alternates between women and male. lol
mine has never alternated. Always male on Firefox for the hundreds of whatever hits it has announced for me, always female on chrome for the two that have been announced so far.

BTW, I think it's funny that everytime I read your posts, my brain makes it seem like Oktober is the one posting the comment. What a psychological thing a profile pic can make.

GRR

Reaction score
Title: Answer a survey about the perception of new products from startups | Accept
Requester: Lukas Maier [ANXJL26II00CQ] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$null] [Pay=Unrated] [Approval=Unrated] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=3.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=2] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=9.60] [Pen=0.04] [Res=null] [Rec=null] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 50:00
Available: 1
Description: Give us your opinion about the presented product (duration approx. 3 minutes, external link)
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 97; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 5000; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
5 mins[/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.