05/05 - Summing Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Do we know if they're going to take it away for using it on Woot.com? Amazon owns Woot
haven't seen anything specific. I don't consider Woot a third-party merchant as it's owned by Amazon, but it's not specifically mentioned in the upcoming change mail that it will continue to be a site taking Amazon Payments.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Well, here's my question. Why use Amazon Pay? It's limited to certain merchants. You can't use your Amazon gift cards. If you can't use the money you have in your Amazon Payments, which really is cash, why use it all? Much better to use Paypal, bank, or buy a pre-paid card if necessary. I guess if you have an Amazon credit card that might make a difference. I don't know what that's all about. If you get Amazon Prime benefits with merchants who accept Amazon Pay (and I don't know) that would make it attractive.
I think they're trying to build it up as a competitor to PayPal, but it's just not there yet. I read something the other day that they just started allowing peer to peer transfers in India. That's something that Amazon Payments used to allow years ago, but they removed it. I wonder if they're going to start doing that in the US with Amazon Pay instead.

I just see Amazon Pay. That is the one it made me sign up for when I wanted to transfer money from Mturk. I didn't even know that Amazon Payments existed :hilarious:
Weird. Maybe it's just because I have an older account or something? Like this is what I still see when I go to transfer money to my bank.

HelloHello

Reaction score
I just see Amazon Pay. That is the one it made me sign up for when I wanted to transfer money from Mturk. I didn't even know that Amazon Payments existed :hilarious:
So my payment options are Amazon Payments account and Transfer to Amazon.com gift card balance. I can't tell you if it's always been those two options frankly because I always send to my bank via Amazon Payments (I'm assuming that's always been the same). I'd never consider 'gift cards' because the use is too restricted insofar as what you can purchase.

Reactions: LucyO and aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Consumer Decisions(~ 6 minutes) | Accept
Requester: K. L. Christensen [A1XXC98ZF17PIK] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Mediumslateblue]11.99[/color]] [Pay=[color=Mediumslateblue]Good[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Mediumpurple]2.21[/color]] [Fast=[color=Mediumslateblue]3.40[/color]] [Comm=[color=Mediumorchid]1.80[/color]] [Fair=[color=Mediumslateblue]3.00[/color]] [Reviews=27] [ToS=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 30:00
Available: 1
Description: Consumer Decisions Study ~ 6 minute survey: You will be answering a questionnaire using an external survey link. The questions will concern your opinion.
Qualifications: Exc: [-53068046-144684] DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; SurveyGroup [1641] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; 70c0e7a8 DoesNotExist ; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: desallemands

HelloHello

Reaction score
I think they're trying to build it up as a competitor to PayPal, but it's just not there yet. I read something the other day that they just started allowing peer to peer transfers in India. That's something that Amazon Payments used to allow years ago, but they removed it. I wonder if they're going to start doing that in the US with Amazon Pay instead.

Weird. Maybe it's just because I have an older account or something? Like this is what I still see when I go to transfer money to my bank.

Exactly the same for me.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
NEVER YOU MIND, I DON'T HAVE TO DIE AFTER ALL

"
Dear Jenni,

I am sorry. I found that it was an error from the system. So, I have approved your participation. Sorry again and thanks for your interest in our research. "

:D
Survey rejection is gone.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Actually, that's what I see too. I have to go through the amazon pay webpage to sign in so I thought it was different, but it's not. And I checked my email and see that I did get that email as part of the privacy notice a few days ago, I just hadn't opened it yet. Who knows what they're up to...

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
So my payment options are Amazon Payments account and Transfer to Amazon.com gift card balance. .
If you decide to transfer your turk earnings to Amazon Payments instead of Amazon gift card, your options seem to be keep it as a balance in Amazon Payments, transfer it to your bank account, or spend it on amazon.com (using the Amazon Payments payment method during checkout).

mboone73

The Last Hit Poster
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Half-Ass
Reaction score
So we've established your name is Ryan Braun? :wink:

I've had a champaign shower but not a beer shower. The Isotopes celebrated a division title by bringing out champaign bottles from the locker room and squirted us fans standing in the seating area along the 3rd base line.
Yes, I drank a beer in the shower. I also like mainstream sports. And I also watch Game of Thrones. And listen to Pink Floyd, who are wildly popular.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Jury Duty - The Kind You Get Paid For (PRS-Ric-AG)(~ 46 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Empirical Jury [A2QGI2L47S8HB0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Mediumslateblue]11.61[/color]] [Pay=[color=Mediumslateblue]Good[/color]] [Approval=[color=Mediumslateblue]1-3 days[/color]] [Comm=[color=Mediumorchid]Poor[/color]] [Rej=[color=Mediumorchid]1[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Mediumslateblue]3.09[/color]] [Fast=[color=Mediumslateblue]3.11[/color]] [Comm=[color=Mediumpurple]2.10[/color]] [Fair=[color=Mediumslateblue]3.05[/color]] [Reviews=89] [ToS=[color=Mediumorchid]3[/color]]
Reward: 5.58
Duration: 1:40:00
Available: 15
Description: You will read a presentation and render damages. You will also answer questions about yourself and the script.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Exc: [-1626854256-144668] DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: HelloHello

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Conduct a dialog to ask questions about your data, please read our description(mostly ~10 mins, sometimes, waiting time is long) | Accept
Requester: LILY Lab [A1PLU30P0VVEA2] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 1:30:00
Available: 9
Description: You will be given an information request, which asks for some data stored in tables. Your job is to conduct a dialog with an assistant (data expert) in order to get the data asked by the given request. In the dialog, you should ask a series of questions related to the data asked by the given request. IMPORTANT to know before you accept this HIT: 1. Your performance will be evaluated by the assistants (the people you will be talking to), it is possible for them to leave the dialog before it ends if you do not follow our rules (that means they don’t get back to you in 10 mins)!2. You need to pass a tutorial first before getting into the real task. You just need to pass it once. 3. In a few cases, it is possible to take a long time to be paired with or get a response from the assistant because of the limited number of available assistants. To save your precise time, please leave or come back later if you have waited for more than 5 mins.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: desallemands

HelloHello

Reaction score
If you decide to transfer your turk earnings to Amazon Payments instead of Amazon gift card, your options seem to be keep it as a balance in Amazon Payments, transfer it to your bank account, or spend it on amazon.com (using the Amazon Payments payment method during checkout).
That's looking like the story now. I've never used it to pay on a third party website since I've never been able to find a third party website I wanted to use it on.

Reactions: LucyO

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Jury Duty - The Kind You Get Paid For (PRS-Ric-AG)(~ 46 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Empirical Jury [A2QGI2L47S8HB0] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[COLOR=Mediumslateblue]11.61[/COLOR]] [Pay=[COLOR=Mediumslateblue]Good[/COLOR]] [Approval=[COLOR=Mediumslateblue]1-3 days[/COLOR]] [Comm=[COLOR=Mediumorchid]Poor[/COLOR]] [Rej=[COLOR=Mediumorchid]1[/COLOR]] [Blk=[COLOR=Steelblue]0[/COLOR]]
TO: [Pay=[COLOR=Mediumslateblue]3.09[/COLOR]] [Fast=[COLOR=Mediumslateblue]3.11[/COLOR]] [Comm=[COLOR=Mediumpurple]2.10[/COLOR]] [Fair=[COLOR=Mediumslateblue]3.05[/COLOR]] [Reviews=89] [ToS=[COLOR=Mediumorchid]3[/COLOR]]
Reward: 5.58
Duration: 1:40:00
Available: 15
Description: You will read a presentation and render damages. You will also answer questions about yourself and the script.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Exc: [-1626854256-144668] DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
I did this one and it wasn't as difficult as a lot of them I've done.

Reactions: LucyO and aveline

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you verified? I have 3 total rejections on my account, two of them were promised to be removed and never were.

I have a "see it to believe it" attitude if a requester says they are going to reverse a rejection.
It was a university, so I was a bit more calm lol.

ETA: just checked- it was gone :)

Reactions: Gator and LucyO

HelloHello

Reaction score
That's looking like the story now. I've never used it to pay on a third party website since I've never been able to find a third party website I wanted to use it on.
I've seen comments in the forum that folks prefer to use Amazon Payments on third-party websites because access to their funds is quicker than waiting for a transfer to show up in their bank accounts. I have a Credit Union account and all my transfers go lickety-split into my account.

Last edited:

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score

I'm same. We're OG turkers though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.