Status
Not open for further replies.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Survey on consumer problem solving(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Academic Research Labs [AA8N2Y8NEPOYU] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]12.14[/color]] [Pay=[color=Mediumslateblue]Good[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Mediumpurple]2.86[/color]] [Fast=[color=Steelblue]4.64[/color]] [Comm=[color=Mediumslateblue]3.00[/color]] [Fair=[color=Steelblue]4.45[/color]] [Reviews=49] [ToS=[color=Mediumorchid]1[/color]]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 20:00
Available: 17
Description: A survey for academic research about problem solving abilities. Previous workers have completed this in ~2-3 minutes.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [344889903-144733] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: A very brief survey: Some demographic questions(~ 2 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Harry Joo [A355F63E40E7R] Contact
TV: No Reviews
TO: No Reviews
Reward: 0.25
Duration: 1:30:00
Available: 1
Description: You will be asked no more than 9 short questions about your work, life, and other non-sensitive topics. In total, the survey will take about 2 minutes to complete. We will pay $0.25 for successful completion of the 2-minute survey—a pay rate that is equivalent to about $7.50 per hour (slightly above the U.S. federal minimum wage).
Qualifications: Exc: [198539259-144695] DoesNotExist ; SurveyGroup [1844] DoesNotExist ; Location In CA, US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know if that big batch of Adsforce ever reposted last night?

HelloHello

Reaction score
Title: Answer questions about how often babies make sounds for different purposes. | Accept
Requester: david k. oller [A1Z499J4SKGPHI] Contact
Reward: 1.00
Duration: 1:00:00
Description: You will be asked to estimate percentages of how often babies make certain sounds, and how often they use these sounds for different purposes.
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 50
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
6 MINUTES[/td][/tr]

GRR

Reaction score
If it is the part where you have three of the boxes to chose from, you have to use the info in those boxes to get the name out of the third box.
I got in but took 29 minutes and the assistant booted me! I know how to play now. I was asking the wrong questions

Reactions: LucyO

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I got in but took 29 minutes and the assistant booted me! I know how to play now. I was asking the wrong questions
I'm not sure if I asked the right questions or not, so I'm waiting to see what they think about it before I do more.

Reactions: GRR

Freda Brown

Reaction score
I've had 4 accepted and 3 rejected and I can't say I understand why. I offered to fix whatever it was that was found objectionable each time and apparently he can't be bothered to respond. I just sent an email to the Principal Investigator at the Biointelligence Lab at Seoul National University Lab at btzhang@bi.snu.ac.kr.
Thank you for sending that email. The majority of reviews are negative...many rejections. They should not be allowed to do this.It is so unfair to collect the data and then not pay.

nmelssx

Reaction score
Title: Conduct a dialog to ask questions about your data, please read our description(mostly ~10 mins, sometimes, waiting time is long) | Accept
Requester: LILY Lab [A1PLU30P0VVEA2] Contact
Reward: 1.20
Duration: 1:30:00
Available: 0
Description: You will be given an information request, which asks for some data stored in tables. Your job is to conduct a dialog with an assistant (data expert) in order to get the data asked by the given request. In the dialog, you should ask a series of questions related to the data asked by the given request. IMPORTANT to know before you accept this HIT: 1. Your performance will be evaluated by the assistants (the people you will be talking to), it is possible for them to leave the dialog before it ends if you do not follow our rules (that means they don’t get back to you in 10 mins)!2. You need to pass a tutorial first before getting into the real task. You just need to pass it once. 3. In a few cases, it is possible to take a long time to be paired with or get a response from the assistant because of the limited number of available assistants. To save your precise time, please leave or come back later if you have waited for more than 5 mins.
Qualifications: Not available from queue exports.
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
I made a killing off of these during the past week, but now I'm only getting the "Sorry! You exceeded maximum number of HITs for this task!" message.

Run a PANDA, accept a bunch of these HITs in your queue. Next, open the first HIT and while you're waiting for an assistant to join, work on other HITs... Once the assistant joins the chat in the 1st HIT, open the next LILY Lab HIT in your queue and leave it waiting until the next assistant joins. Rinse, and repeat. Keep working on other HITs as you wait for the assistants to reply.

However, you need to respond to the assistants promptly when they reply to you or they'll disconnect and you won't get paid.[/td][/tr]
Damn. I thought you can only have one opened at a time. I stopped working on them after doing like 2 or 3. Thanks for the tip!

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Demographics survey | Accept
Requester: Panos Ipeirotis [A3DL93QTPE513P] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]22.38[/color]] [Pay=[color=Steelblue]Generous[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Steelblue]4.42[/color]] [Fast=[color=Steelblue]4.68[/color]] [Comm=[color=Steelblue]5.00[/color]] [Fair=[color=Steelblue]4.92[/color]] [Reviews=64] [ToS=[color=Mediumorchid]1[/color]]
Reward: 0.10
Description: Demographics survey
Qualifications: None
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Reactions: desallemands

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Damn. I thought you can only have one opened at a time. I stopped working on them after doing like 2 or 3. Thanks for the tip!
You can only have one HIT at a time in which you are waiting to be connected with an assistant... but once you've connected to an assistant you can open the next HIT and start the waiting-to-be-connected process, and so on...

2 additional things to point out... There tends to be more than one batch of LILY Lab HITs running each day and I believe you can open two HITs and be waiting-to-connect simultaneously if each HIT is from different batches. Second, there were a few days this week where the waiting-to-connect limit of 1 wasn't working which is when I went all-in and had between 10 an 20 HITs open at once (a combination of HITs that were "waiting" and active chats) and was able to get through a ton of them during that window of time.

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Survey about crowdfunding | Accept
Requester: Research [A2XD16OFWVTKQX] Contact
TO: [Pay=[color=Mediumslateblue]3.89[/color]] [Fast=[color=Steelblue]4.75[/color]] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=[color=Steelblue]5.00[/color]] [Reviews=9] [ToS=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
Reward: 0.30
Description: Survey about crowdfunding
Qualifications: Masters Exists ; T study DoesNotExist
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

KYKITTY

Contributor
Reaction score
You can only have one HIT at a time in which you are waiting to be connected with an assistant... but once you've connected to an assistant you can open the next HIT and start the waiting-to-be-connected process, and so on...

2 additional things to point out... There tends to be more than one batch of LILY Lab HITs running each day and I believe you can open two HITs and be waiting-to-connect simultaneously if each HIT is from different batches. Second, there were a few days this week where the waiting-to-connect limit of 1 wasn't working which is when I went all-in and had between 10 an 20 HITs open at once (a combination of HITs that were "waiting" and active chats) and was able to get through a ton of them during that window of time.
One ? on the treasure name I've tried everything and keep getting kicked any advice?

Reactions: LucyO

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
One ? on the treasure name I've tried everything and keep getting kicked any advice?
So the way the HITs work is that you are connected with an "assistant" that is an undergraduate student at Yale who, I believe, is responding to multiple chat windows at once. I find that they can get impatient and will just disconnect. So try to do the following to avoid getting disconnected:

• Respond promptly (within 1-2 minutes) once you are connected with an assistant and each time they respond to you.
  • Ask relatively simple questions. For instance, "Can you provide me with a list of all of the first names of teachers in this database?" or "Can you tell me the total number of different cities?"
  • Be very clear. If they can't understand your question's wording, then they will disconnect. Again, that's why it's best to keep the 3 questions fairly simple.

For each question you ask in plain English, the student subsequently needs to convert that into SQL commands (Structured Query Language) to pull the information you've requested from the database. Therefore, if your question is confusing or unclear they will get frustrated and just leave. From what I can gather, there are a handful of different students working at the same time, and some are way more quick to disconnect than others.

Basically, these HIT are an SQL coding exercise for the students. These HITS are not some cognitive science experiment looking at how strangers communicate over the internet.

Last edited:

Nikoratos

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: You need an Android phone or iPhone. COLOR] | Accept

Requester: KY3 [A2HWVG06FKXT0W] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[COLOR=Steelblue]13.60
] [Pay=[COLOR=Mediumslateblue]Good[/COLOR]] [Approval=[COLOR=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/COLOR]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[COLOR=Steelblue]0[/COLOR]] [Blk=[COLOR=Steelblue]0[/COLOR]]
TO: [Pay=[COLOR=Mediumpurple]2.65[/COLOR]] [Fast=[COLOR=Mediumslateblue]3.56[/COLOR]] [Comm=[COLOR=Mediumorchid]1.12[/COLOR]] [Fair=[COLOR=Steelblue]4.07[/COLOR]] [Reviews=174] [ToS=[COLOR=Mediumorchid]2[/COLOR]][/COLOR]
Reward: 0.60

Duration: 30:00
Available: 6
Description: -
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 1; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 90; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]

[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
I want to see an old timey black and white Iphone.

Reactions: LucyO and aveline

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Title: Solve anagrams (takes ~3-4 minutes) | Accept
Requester: CoCoSci Lab at Princeton [A1S8PU3QK4OKG3] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$[color=Steelblue]21.62[/color]] [Pay=[color=Steelblue]Generous[/color]] [Approval=[color=Steelblue]~24 hrs[/color]] [Comm=Unrated] [Rej=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]] [Blk=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
TO: [Pay=[color=Steelblue]4.25[/color]] [Fast=[color=Mediumpurple]2.33[/color]] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=[color=Steelblue]5.00[/color]] [Reviews=5] [ToS=[color=Steelblue]0[/color]]
Reward: 0.60
Duration: 30:00
Available: 151
Description: A short experiment where you have to solve 5 anagrams
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; Masters Exists ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.