Twizzlers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria Tortilla

Dave Grohl is my spirit animal
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if someone said this before but hit scraper is no longer repeating scrapes. I click start, it cycles once then stops. Is that fixable or do I need to ditch the scraper and finally go with something else?

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Hit Catcher finally caught something - I love those business-related surveys!

PandaThief

Reaction score
Sorry if someone said this before but hit scraper is no longer repeating scrapes. I click start, it cycles once then stops. Is that fixable or do I need to ditch the scraper and finally go with something else?
Pretty much time to ditch it, there is also a huge security flaw that could compromise your account that was discussed somewhere on reddit. I use HitForker and HitFinder all depending on how i feel that day. Maybe TSolo315 @TSolo315 could answer more questions about that risk

Robedom

Reaction score
Different requesters are sometimes part of a larger team of researchers who post on MTurk, and they'll count your participation in another "teammate" requester's HIT when posting their own because they are thematically related.

It would be nice if there was more disclosure about this sort of practice, but that lack of clarity is just one of those things about MTurk that make it the suckfest that it is.
Should we just block those requesters? Or do you think these hits are like "rounds" and they will have hits we can eventually do again.

Reactions: savvy

alk69

Reaction score
I understand that it's not being updated. And is open to outside problems. I use Forker and PC. I changed from Turkmaster and don't like it as much. But that's the way it goes......out the window. You can go with MTS, too.

Reactions: MirrorMan

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Should we just block those requesters? Or do you think these hits are like "rounds" and they will have hits we can eventually do again.
I don't block them. Some will eventually post post new HITs, others don't. I find the occasional "You have already participated" message is a minor inconvenience, so I'd rather not block a requester and inadvertently miss some of their new HITs.

alk69

Reaction score
I don't block them. Some will eventually post post new HITs, others don't. I find the occasional "You have already participated" message is a minor inconvenience, so I'd rather not block a requester and inadvertently miss some of their new HITs.
My opinion too. After all the researchers might progress to the next stage in their research and open the quals and let you in---maybe into a 50.00 HIT. You could even be given a qual because you did previous work....Or you could be disqualified from the big HIT 'cause you did that .50 HIT years ago. Don't ask me how I know this---it still makes me mad.....the point here is that you should never shut out a requester you've done well with who might offer you work again.

Last edited:

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Morning, everyone.

I got an email from our hosting provider overnight that says there's some issue with the machine that hosts our server and that they were going to be migrating us to a new machine. I'm not sure if this has already happened yet or not (the email was sent about 7 hours ago), but I just want to let you all know in case we start having issues at some point.

KittyTacos

Reaction score
Morning, everyone.

I got an email from our hosting provider overnight that says there's some issue with the machine that hosts our server and that they were going to be migrating us to a new machine. I'm not sure if this has already happened yet or not (the email was sent about 7 hours ago), but I just want to let you all know in case we start having issues at some point.

Appreciate the heads-up. Thanks.

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
Morning, everyone.

Thankyou for all you do, aveline the forum queen

MirrorMan

The Madness
Contributor
Reaction score
Morning, everyone.

:nailbiting:

Reactions: LucyO and aveline

lil queen trashmouth

Pile of ham
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Short survey about signs | Accept
Requester: anas [ACT0KET5LX0D1] Contact
TO: [Pay=4.00] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=5.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=5] [ToS=0]
TO2: No Reviews
Reward: 0.40
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: Please take a moment to do a task on signs and answer some questions
Qualifications: Signs study DoesNotExist ; Total approved HITs GreaterThan 500; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 99; Location EqualTo US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.9
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
1 minuto[/td][/tr]

Status
Not open for further replies.