05/10 - Thorium Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
"I'd honestly just call FedEX and ask them. THANK GOD for some common sense and sensitivity. This all sounds so simple and basic and 'right.' No wonder society is so screwed up, too many of us relying on all this technical bullshit instead of just being decent with one another.

Thank you, DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think we're being a little overly aggressive about this.

DareAngel3

Contributor
Mentor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I just dealt with something somewhat similar. A package addressed to me, with my name...but I didn't order it. After lots of googling and phone calls, I learned that the laws on receiving mail that may not belong to you, vary from state to state. In my case, I was told to keep it. I was anxious, because it was a 50+lb package, several feet long and I had no idea where it came from. It ended up being my mom being sneaky and surprising me with an exercise bike for my physical therapy :p

Anyhow, point being that if anyone else deals with this in the future, I got my answer by contacting the local police. Everything else I did led to incorrect information, or info that didn't apply in my state.
I would have checked, too! As a kid, my mom accepted and opened a random box that appeared because it was from an educational company. A bunch of books, sweet! Turns out, they sent her a bill later and said that because it wasn't refused/returned within so many days, she agreed to buy them at an obnoxious price. I was a kid, I don't remember the ins and outs- but I know that she wasn't happy and I won't open anything that doesn't have my name on it :ROFL:

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
"I'd honestly just call FedEX and ask them. THANK GOD for some common sense and sensitivity. This all sounds so simple and basic and 'right.' No wonder society is so screwed up, too many of us relying on all this technical bullshit instead of just being decent with one another.

Thank you, DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude, get off your high horse. the guy is gonna get his air fryer. Chill.

basketcasey

Curiouser and curiouser
Mentor
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Super Smart
Reaction score
Title: Problem-solving styles(~ 30 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Cognition and Natural Behavior Laboratory [AHN61MLI1DS8R] Contact
TV: [Hrly: $8.49] [Pay: 3.00] [Fast: 5.00] [Comm: null] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Blk: 0]
TO: [Pay: 4.83] [Fast: 4.89] [Comm: 5.00] [Fair: 4.97] [Reviews: 102] [ToS: 0]
TO2: [Hrly: $23.08] [Pen: ---] [Res: ---] [Rec: ---] [Rej: 0] [ToS: 0] [Brk: 0]
Reward:
$5.00
Duration: 1 hour
Available: 1
Description: This HIT involves answering several questions regarding problems solving skills.
Requirements: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [87831-87242] DoesNotExist; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 95; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.2.3.1
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
The other day I got really confused on whether leafy trees and needly trees could live together. I spent like an hour researching it because it was important for writery stuff. Today irealized where I got the idea from.

I pass little groups of leafybois and needlybois every damn day on my walk.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
The other day I got really confused on whether leafy trees and needly trees could live together. I spent like an hour researching it because it was important for writery stuff. Today irealized where I got the idea from.

I pass little groups of leafybois and needlybois every damn day on my walk.

lmao good job :p

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Hey with DMG amsterdam is it 5 a day or 5 total?

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
I was gonna edit after seeing your reaction...but I couldn't stop laughing when I realized how it could be misinterpreted. It's staying this way :p

But if anyone isn't clear, my mom wasn't in the box, it was just an exercise bike :wink:
spit cracker crumbs everywhere, ty :ROFL:
lolololol
Right with the two of you here! :playful:
I would have checked, too! As a kid, my mom accepted and opened a random box that appeared because it was from an educational company. A bunch of books, sweet! Turns out, they sent her a bill later and said that because it wasn't refused/returned within so many days, she agreed to buy them at an obnoxious price. I was a kid, I don't remember the ins and outs- but I know that she wasn't happy and I won't open anything that doesn't have my name on it :ROFL:
That's too funny! I mean, in the expensive-funny way...but yeah, I always get hesitant about things like this, for a million reasons!

Reactions: SAJ and themildone
Status
Not open for further replies.