05/10 - Thorium Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
It has your address on it...you're going to have to pay shipping back to wherever.....even if you contact the company they would probably tell you to keep it because it'll end up being more expensive for them to ship it to the rightful buyer. I just got refunded back $270 for an item AND they told me to keep it because it's just a pain to ship back.
"you're going to have to pay shipping back to wherever" No you're not; that responsibility belongs to FedEX.
"Probably" is a weasel word.
And for the rest of your comment, you're "projecting," assuming that your experience will hold true for everyone else.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
This whole FedEX thing makes me think of the "do you ruminate on issues even if they are not relevant to you?" :ROFL: because I keep thinking of all the angles.

I was under the impression that the law being mentioned had a bunch of loopholes about who it was addressed to, whether you refused it, whose error it was, etc etc. I dealt with people buying/selling obnoxiously priced stretchy pants but most were through USPS. USPS can show where they delivered it by GPS coordinates, and I'm sure FedEX can, too. They CAN (whether or not they should?) tell the intended recipient where the box was dropped off. So hypothetically, the axe murderer could hunt you down if they REALLY wanted their air fryer.

I know it's too late to "refuse" it, but I'd honestly just call FedEX and ask them. They'll either pick it up for free (like a refusal), tell you to keep it or contact the company, etc. My conscious would eat at me. They can't require you to pay to ship something back. If it was a company, you'll probably just get an "oops, keep it" but if it was a buyer/seller facebook-type transaction, I'd want someone to let me know the error and fix it. I've personally seen Paypal and Mercari print a completely random address on a label that was NOT the recipients address.
Well, I just contacted the co who sent it cos I felt mean keeping it, and they said just to do that. keep it. it would cost them more to have it collected from me than it is worth. But as thanks for letting them know in time to contact the purchaser and tell them their air fryer will be a lil delayed, I got a free e-book of frying recipes :D

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
"you're going to have to pay shipping back to wherever" No you're not; that responsibility belongs to FedEX.
"Probably" is a weasel word.
And for the rest of your comment, you're "projecting," assuming that your experience will hold true for everyone else.
well...it did hold true.
Well, I just contacted the co who sent it cos I felt mean keeping it, and they said just to do that. keep it. it would cost them more to have it collected from me than it is worth. But as thanks for letting them know in time to contact the purchaser and tell them their air fryer will be a lil delayed, I got a free e-book of frying recipes :D

LittleDrummerBoy

Custom Title!
Reaction score
I just dealt with something somewhat similar. A package addressed to me, with my name...but I didn't order it. After lots of googling and phone calls, I learned that the laws on receiving mail that may not belong to you, vary from state to state. In my case, I was told to keep it. I was anxious, because it was a 50+lb package, several feet long and I had no idea where it came from. It ended up being my mom being sneaky and surprising me with an exercise bike for my physical therapy :p

Anyhow, point being that if anyone else deals with this in the future, I got my answer by contacting the local police. Everything else I did led to incorrect information, or info that didn't apply in my state.

Thlinks

ITS COMPLICATED
Contributor
Reaction score
It never ends. If I was the devil, this is exactly what hell would be like for turkers. Just one giant super uninteresting survey that never ends, and you cant tab into your answers, you have to use your mouse and click over and over and over again until your hand cramps and it goes on for eternity.
lol! so true, that survey creator got some cheap ass work from us.

ChristopherASA

Contributor
Reaction score
"I'd honestly just call FedEX and ask them. THANK GOD for some common sense and sensitivity. This all sounds so simple and basic and 'right.' No wonder society is so screwed up, too many of us relying on all this technical bullshit instead of just being decent with one another.

Thank you, DareAngel3 @DareAngel3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: DareAngel3

arvy

Goth Muppet
Reaction score
Fuck. I forgot about that Priya Ganapathy shit. I hate surveys. They disappear from my recollection as soon as I put them down.

Reactions: GoldenTemple
Status
Not open for further replies.