Votes: 53 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
Well.. I'm still not at $50 a day after a month so that is depressing news. I must be doing it wrong then.
Not necessarily. There's a pretty steep learning curve. It can take a while to figure out what you're personally good at, and to get familiar with the platform etc etc.

50 bucks a day is a lot, really. Most people aren't making 50 bucks a day. The average is around 200-300 a week, so 20-40 bucks daily.

Pleco

Friendly Neighborhood Rat
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I was quite certain it wasn't you in the soda bottle. We all know your domain is in the subway of some metropolis where you proceed to collect slices of abandoned pizza. While you're down there, tell the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I said, "Hello."
THANK YOU! You really understand me. And I'll try to say hi but the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have turned into complete douchebags ever since they started hanging out with Michael Bay.

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
Well.. I'm still not at $50 a day after a month so that is depressing news. I must be doing it wrong then.
I've been on mturk a year now and only had a few 100+ days. Turking has probably cut C to the J @C to the J 's life short by a few years from all the monster drinks he goes through. :blep:

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
You using the big three effectively?
Hitscraper, Turkmaster, and Hit monitor.

That was the game changer for me personally.
A lot of it is just trial and error.
Trying to get those working right so you can snatch the HITs up quicker than your competitors co-workers.
And to add to this...

I have only been Turking for a month, but try to always be working. Find some good filler batches to do while you wait for other things to come along. Also try to get any quals you can.. Even if it doesn't seem like something you are into, it could be a good filler for a slow day.

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
I feel like one good way to look at mturk work is "negativity does not create productivity."

Whenever I get really depressed or down about my earnings (or lack thereof) that energy is wasted when it could've been poured into some short, cheap hits. I started working on mturk and couldn't get close to $50 a day but it was all my attitude and my effort. As soon as I started really investing my time in learning how mturk worked and what hits I liked (and focused less on being depressed over low earnings) I started making more. But for me, sometimes it takes 10 hours to do that. But that's the sacrifice in my time that I am willing to give up so that I don't have to go back to working a dead end job elsewhere.

GenericPear

Good Boy
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Alien Language Learning Game | PANDA
Requester: AWS Gareth Roberts MTURK [AVZ4Q3BNMYH9Y] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.50 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 5
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: You will watch a series of videos while listening to words and sentences in an artificial alien language, choose the video corresponding to the sentence you heard, and describe videos in this language by clicking on words.
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $4.00
Qualifications: newonly has not been granted; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US

Reactions: Tribune

Christa

you didn't see that
Contributor
Reaction score
I kind of wish I knew more about fashion. I feel like 20 iterations of "How to wear pants" isn't what they're looking for.
If the survey I did on golf today doesnt reject I'll be amazed. What I know about golf would fit on the head of one of those little wooden stabby things that you put the ball on.........

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
Title: Psychological Characteristics & Adult Sexual Behavior. WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised | PANDA
Requester: Peter B Anderson [A26P33IHKNSA03] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.67 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Men Only/ One HIT per worker - Research study about relationship between individual characteristics, past experiences, and your sexual behavior. We hope to discover relationships between personality and sexual behaviors to facilitate therapy.
Time: 24 hours
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Adult Content Qualification is 1

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
If the survey I did on golf today doesnt reject I'll be amazed. What I know about golf would fit on the head of one of those little wooden stabby things that you put the ball on.........
A Tee?

Lepi

Some Kind of Sneaky Witch Thief
Contributor
Reaction score
I think the technical term for that is the golf ball stick.

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Participate in a short study (approx. 15 mins.) - $1 plus possible bonus! | PANDA
Requester: AMT Surveys [A2AKA780E0K7FS] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.26 Generosity
★★★★ 4.93 Fairness
★★★★ 4.93 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 36 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You will be playing in a group together with real people that also accepted this HIT. Please only accept this HIT if you can work on it immediately without interruptions for 15 minutes. You cannot start after the HIT has expired.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 18
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Location is US

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Answer a short survey about credit card usage | PANDA
Requester: Gael [AJBU8X1K3MMZ1] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 1.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 3.40 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 8 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Decide how to spend your available credit card balance
Time: 30 minutes
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Location is US

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
I wish there was an easier way to "clean up" all my pandas and stuff on turkmaster. I just have them thrown all over the place.

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Participate in a short study (approx. 15 mins.) - $1 plus possible bonus! | PANDA
Requester: AMT Surveys [A2AKA780E0K7FS] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.24 Generosity
★★★★ 4.93 Fairness
★★★★ 4.93 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 35 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You will be playing in a group together with real people that also accepted this HIT. Please only accept this HIT if you can work on it immediately without interruptions for 15 minutes. You cannot start after the HIT has expired.
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 14
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Location is US

Tigerpants

Murderer of Threads
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Psychological Characteristics & Adult Sexual Behavior. WARNING: This HIT may contain adult content. Worker discretion is advised | PANDA
Requester: Peter B Anderson [A26P33IHKNSA03] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 5.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.67 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 3 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Women Only/ One HIT per worker - Research study about relationship between individual characteristics, past experiences, and your sexual behavior. We hope to discover relationships between personality and sexual behaviors to facilitate therapy.
Time: 24 hours
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Adult Content Qualification is 1

Status
Not open for further replies.