05/19 - Toy Fox Thursday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerek

Red Cat-Bear
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
Caltech Type Full Address (Upper & Lower Case) No USPS Abbreviations $0.10 Rejected
Some words are in all caps; please refer to instructions.

11 rejections. 87 pending. I thought we were supposed to change the usps abbreviations like RD and STE to Road and Suite. I left all the names like CHEWBACCA Street.

I read the instructions like 8 times. oh well I guess.
The instructions were bad.

KnockoutTurk

Reaction score
Title: Questionnaire about Emotional Intelligence to be tested; Project A | PANDA
Requester: cut-e mTurk [AYL89L70SAA5B] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.75 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 3.50 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 6 | TOS Flags: 1
Submit a new TO review
Description: an online test has to be completed seriously
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $7.00
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is not less than 50;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 98
I want this.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
So 3 pennies instead of 1? This shit is starting to piss me off, and not just on a personal level. I'm working at a place that hosts a lot of law students. I want to talk to them about it, but at the same time, I don't want to fuck things up for other people. How do you guys feel about this?
right now Turk is great for people who want to do things their own way and not be a slave to teh system (or they just hate sunshine). "Fix it" and its just another corporate gig where they own you

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
That's a bit misleading plenty of people who work from home work hard. I think if turk had better pay and a better way of weeding out scam workers then the workforce would be better.
I'm not trying to mislead or anything. I know many people that work from home work very hard. I see it here every day. But you can't deny that many people who attempt to work from home do it just because they're too lazy to deal with a real job. There are lots of people out there that will do anything they can to avoid having to do real work. If that means sitting on a computer for a few hours a day and submitting garbage results to requesters on mturk, they'll take advantage of it.

GenericPear

Good Boy
Contributor
Reaction score
Reactions: Tribune

GenericPear

Good Boy
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Decision-making experiment | PANDA
Requester: Todd R. Kaplan [A2Z3AY0EHUEE93] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.83 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 4.75 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 9
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: Make a number of decisions for potentially additional rewards
Time: 60 minutes
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $3.00
Qualifications: Done Decision Making Experiment has not been granted; Total approved HITs is greater than 500; HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95; Location is US

MerryLou

unpalatable
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
You mean the outside? :nono:

Title: Answer a 8-10 minute survey (you must be in a public place) | PANDA
Requester: Irene [A2005EP47NDO85] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.26 Generosity
★★★★ 4.83 Fairness
★★★★ 4.78 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 35 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: You will connect to Facebook, read an article, and answer questions about your current location and about yourself
Time: 45 minutes
Reward: $0.90
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 90;Total approved HITs is greater than 50;Location is US

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately, my time consulting with requesters showed exactly that. The number of people who put absolutely no effort into the work, or straight up scammed was disproportionately high compared to the people who actually appeared to be making an effort to complete the work correctly. Trying to reject even the worst cases of scamming led to massive dumps of emails (from significantly more people than actually got rejected... some interesting conclusions can be drawn from that) which were absolutely full of the worst kind of shit you can say to someone... just straight up ridiculousness like "i hope you have small children who get cancer so you can watch them die painfully" type of stuff.

Honestly... it's hard to develop anything but a negative attitude about the workforce.
I think about that too. And quite frankly I think the pitchfork emoji ought to disappear. I have seen instances where rejections are justified. Sure, sometimes they are not, but just a couple of weeks ago, I lucked out on a batch that no one wanted to touch because the requester had given someone a block (this was according to his only TO review) I messaged the requester, and said that I really wanted to work on the hits, but I was worried about a block. He sent me a message almost immediately, trying to explain that he really wasn't a bad guy. He explained why he blocked the other worker, and I believed him. I did almost 400 hits for the guy. They were approved in less than 24 hours.

GenericPear

Good Boy
Contributor
Reaction score

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I seriously need some more revenue streams.

I've thought about starting a blog but not sure what's in that...I've even looked at sites like upwork and freelancer and they've churned out exactly nill for me other than scam jobs.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
I also refuse to work on Mturk for 12 hours, I have a family and that would basically be me in front of the computer and doing nothing else.
i have turk open all day but i am not solely turking. I have pandas running and hit monitor to let me know if a batch drops. I work when there's work or when i want to work. Like today, i drove my son to school, i've mowed the yard and i went to the store to pick up drugs and the strawberry field to get fruit and veggies and some more pepper plants. I don't make a killing most days, but i make more than if I only had mturk up when i was actually working

Reactions: Tribune and <Gucci>

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not trying to mislead or anything. I know many people that work from home work very hard. I see it here every day. But you can't deny that many people who attempt to work from home do it just because they're too lazy to deal with a real job. There are lots of people out there that will do anything they can to avoid having to do real work. If that means sitting on a computer for a few hours a day and submitting garbage results to requesters on mturk, they'll take advantage of it.
I think a lot of people don't realize the sheer size of the workforce too. The people you see logging into this forum represent a very small fraction of the workforce. Obviously I don't have any hard numbers... but I'd be willing to wager if you added up all the unique workers across all worker forums it would be less than 5% of the total worker population.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
I seriously need some more revenue streams.

I've thought about starting a blog but not sure what's in that...I've even looked at sites like upwork and freelancer and they've churned out exactly nill for me other than scam jobs.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.
have you ever thought about amazon mechanical turk? oh, wait, can't use my standard comment for people who whine they don't have money to someone on here :)

KnockoutTurk

Reaction score
Title: Psychology Experiment | PANDA
Requester: Kidd Lab [AR80STTZ2MPNP] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★ 4.71 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.64 Generosity
★★★★ 4.88 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 43 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Similarity Judgment task
Time: 45 minutes
Reward: $1.83
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

D

Deleted member 481

Good morning/afternoon. Not used to being up this early. Grabbed a .80 wallstreet and went back 5 pages and PANDAd a few surveys (would be nice to grab that $7.00 one).

DanTheManGum

Reaction score
Is this sustainable though? I have to imaging that if a requester sees horrible work they are denying the HIT. This would drive their approval rating down and make them unable to do other HIT's. I've never really spoken with many requesters so this might not be the case. But once your rating is down you can't just go get another account. Maybe I under estimate the amount of auto-approvals.

Status
Not open for further replies.