Status
Not open for further replies.

Krikket

YouTube Connoisseur
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Psychology Survey(~ 10 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: TAMU Personality Lab [A2800V0YQ5OT7Z] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.72 Generosity
★★★★ 4.90 Fairness
★★★★ 4.98 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 63 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: Complete several personality questionnaires and other psychological tasks
Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: Exc: [13023-12434] has not been granted;Location is one of: US

Reactions: Tribune

KnockoutTurk

Reaction score
Title: 5 minute study about your opinions with possible bonus | PANDA
Requester: S. Lempert [A2GXA4WTAG262Y] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.33 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 6 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: 5-7 minute survey on your opinions about people
Time: 30 minutes
HITs Available: 20
Reward: $0.75
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 100;HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 95;Location is US

Mecca

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
But if you need this "job" to provide your income then you should do it correctly.

If you work any other job and you do a shit job you get canned. I think a rejection or two is better than that.
Not disagreeing with what you're saying at all. But for example I've gotten some rejections on Adultnethits lately that I think are totally bullshit. I've been doing their hits for a year with no rejections then all of the sudden I got 17 in 2 weeks it's like someone just got itchy and wanted to reject people.

Reactions: mypaperheart

VGB

dr. peepee poopoo
Reaction score
I agree ^_^

It's my opinion that mturk > any retail job, food job, etc. Considering I spent most of my working time (up until I found mturk, that is) in the service industry... I'd nearly do anything to get away from that. And honestly, I don't think mturk is as difficult or as stressful as customer service. I guess that is what I mean by "working harder" lol. Because you have to sit at your computer and find the work yourself, as opposed to simply driving to the designated work location and spending X hours to get a paycheck.
leaving retail (ironically to spend the majority of my time categorizing retail products) did wonders for reducing my stress levels. Mturk ain't got shit on customer service.

j0e

Bounty Turker
Contributor
Reaction score
I agree ^_^

It's my opinion that mturk > any retail job, food job, etc. Considering I spent most of my working time (up until I found mturk, that is) in the service industry... I'd nearly do anything to get away from that. And honestly, I don't think mturk is as difficult or as stressful as customer service. I guess that is what I mean by "working harder" lol. Because you have to sit at your computer and find the work yourself, as opposed to simply driving to the designated work location and spending X hours to get a paycheck.
I would max penny hits everyday rather than go back to working at walmart

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
leaving retail (ironically to spend the majority of my time categorizing retail products) did wonders for reducing my stress levels. Mturk ain't got shit on customer service.
The day I decided to quit retail to do mturk was when a customer (male) decided to grab me by the arm and yell into my face, "Am I making you mad?" when all I was trying to was help him pick out his ink cartridges lol. Customers are hell. Not all of them, but I've seen so much shit from working food service and retail that I couldn't will myself to go back. My stress levels also went down. When I gave my resignation letter at retail my boss said I was completely replaceable...and that's the sad life of working those types of jobs. They don't care.

I would max penny hits everyday rather than go back to working at walmart
God, yes. Never worked for Walmart, but my time at Staples showed me a lot about retail >_>
It taught me that busting my ass all week for people who don't appreciate/care about me was not worth it. At least ya'll are fun to talk to. Can't say that much about my ex-bosses lol.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
There are always HITs that don't require an approval percentage that you can use to get your numbers back up. But for people that don't give a shit, they'll often just harass the requesters that reject them until they get their rejections overturned. I've seen some pretty disturbing shit happen over rejections, and I'm not even a requester. I've seen people go straight to doxxing and harassing requesters in real life just because they're not getting their way. There are some pretty unsavory people in this community.
its not just the community. Its the internet generation. There are a lot of awful, worthless pieces of shit that have sprung up from the anonymity and entitlement the internet offers. People savage people horrendously in comments and chat and forums, and its become so commonplace that even when the anonymity is gone its almost acceptable in some groups to behave that way.

When i say entitlement I am not talking about the political bullshit people always throw back and forth I am talking about how used to people are to having everything on the internet being free. Before the internet almost nothing was free or if it wa sit took some effort to acquire it, you paid for encyclopedies, you paid for newspapers, you paid for art, you paid for books (or walked your ass to the library to check it out), etc. Now the internet generation thinks content providers and creators owe it to them free and lord help the person who holds it back from them.

Peachy

Banned
Pollster
Crowd Pleaser
Champion
Reaction score
rather lick stale cheese off a plate than working retail and dealing with cranky people all day. i'm a damn peach afterall. ain't got the strength for that anymore

Blue

Unlikeable Ass
Contributor
Reaction score
Not disagreeing with what you're saying at all. But for example I've gotten some rejections on Adultnethits lately that I think are totally bullshit. I've been doing their hits for a year with no rejections then all of the sudden I got 17 in 2 weeks it's like someone just got itchy and wanted to reject people.
It's also possible you've just never been spot checked in the past. You have to remember thats a LOT of grading to be done. Each hit in a batch is usually completed by multiple workers. So lets say they require 3 responses for each hit, if the batch that goes up is around 12k hits... that's 36000 tasks needing to be graded. And that's only one batch alone. The truth is... you could have been doing those hits entirely wrong for a year and they might not have noticed until they randomly spot check you. batch "tenure" doesn't actually resolve to anything of much worth in this sort of high volume/throughput environment.

Last edited:

Tuesday

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
But if you need this "job" to provide your income then you should do it correctly.

If you work any other job and you do a shit job you get canned. I think a rejection or two is better than that.
Of course, sometimes I make a mistake. I'm OK with a rejection when it's justified. I haven't had a block yet, so we'll see how I deal with that, but rejections, yeah I can deal when I fuck up.

Reactions: mypaperheart

SquishyFluffkin

Contributor
Reaction score
The day I decided to quit retail to do mturk was when a customer (male) decided to grab me by the arm and yell into my face, "Am I making you mad?" when all I was trying to was help him pick out his ink cartridges lol. Customers are hell. Not all of them, but I've seen so much shit from working food service and retail that I couldn't will myself to go back. My stress levels also went down. When I gave my resignation letter at retail my boss said I was completely replaceable...and that's the sad life of working those types of jobs. They don't care.

God, yes. Never worked for Walmart, but my time at Staples showed me a lot about retail >_>
It taught me that busting my ass all week for people who don't appreciate/care about me was not worth it. At least ya'll are fun to talk to. Can't say that much about my ex-bosses lol.
I managed a UPS Store. I had some guy try to fight me because his the label on his box wasn't a return label and it was addressed to his house.

aveline

Administrator
Champion
Reaction score
Considering what AdultNetHITs used to do to people when they were called NetMSI, I'd say you got off pretty easy. They used to just randomly destroy people for seemingly no reason. I would never touch anything from them.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
so you've made $100s of dollars off them but lost $2. Thats a fair trade

Status
Not open for further replies.