05/20 - Famous Canines Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyway

Contributor
Reaction score
or to just figure that all the people who submitted early is a sunk cost, approve their HITs and grant them a qual that blocks them from doing the new HIT. Too bad he already put out the new HIT. what a pickle
Of course, the right thing to do is own their mistake and pay up. But this is real money people are spending thus I see rejections in a lot of people future. Even if the TO gets blasted people will sign up for this.

Reactions: Tribune and Squatty

bxpretzel

Ari Gold
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Of course, the right thing to do is own their mistake and pay up. But this is real money people are spending thus I see rejections in a lot of people future. Even if the TO gets blasted people will sign up for this.
welp, I have close to 19k HITs and only 22 rejections, so I can take it. But will leave a bad TO if they reject the HIT I submitted. It's their fault.

Reactions: Tribune
D

Deleted member 481

Title: Group Study(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: mk2259 [A2AZP803WANWAQ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 8 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: An easy, fun and well-paid study!
Time: 40 minutes
HITs Available: 36
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Exc: [-1139784454-12584] has not been granted;Total approved HITs is not less than 50;Location is one of: US

Reactions: jan and Tribune

MindNumbing

Contributor
Reaction score
welp, I have close to 19k HITs and only 22 rejections, so I can take it. But will leave a bad TO if they reject the HIT I submitted. It's their fault.
Kind of sort of. Everyone knew it was for a future hit yet some submitted it anyhow hoping to get paid. So people knew the chances. If he approves those people and puts a block, most or some will not do the hit because they were already paid for it.

mordea

Master of a Couple Things
Contributor
Reaction score
This is what I sent him:

"I'd suggest accepting anyone who submitted the 60-minute-timer HIT to have the HIT approved (whether manually or after the 7-day auto-approval timer comes) if they participate in the meeting as instructed and can be identified by their worker ID. Will there be any way during or after the meeting to present our worker IDs? You could send an e-mail to anyone who submitted it, explaining that only one of the two HITs will be accepted and that a second would result in rejection (thus paying the planned $5), and allowing them to return the second HIT if they've accepted it into their queue like I have while still approving the first one after the task on Wednesday."

KnockoutTurk

Reaction score
The only thing that makes sense is to just let people who submitted today do the work on Wednesday and identify them with their Mturk IDs...
I kinda feel bad. Not sure the amount of submissions he received before correcting the problem... But let's band together to make sure his future as a requester isn't destroyed by us assholes?

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
DONE. and fuck that hit. But I'm done.

Reactions: Tribune

Loxxed

Avada Kedavra
Banned
Reaction score
I keep getting yelled at by my current co-inhabitants to get off the couch and get a job.

Why don't you get a part-time job somewhere?

I'm making more on the couch m8s.

Like really, why is the concept of work-from-home so unfathomable to some people?

LightningLord

You think that's a Schwinn.
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Group Study(~ 15 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: mk2259 [A2AZP803WANWAQ] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 5.00 Communicativity
★★★★★ 3.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 8 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: An easy, fun and well-paid study!
Time: 40 minutes
HITs Available: 36
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Exc: [-1139784454-12584] has not been granted;Total approved HITs is not less than 50;Location is one of: US
Oh boy. I hope my group is nice.

Reactions: jan and Tribune

KnockoutTurk

Reaction score
This is what I sent him:

"I'd suggest accepting anyone who submitted the 60-minute-timer HIT to have the HIT approved (whether manually or after the 7-day auto-approval timer comes) if they participate in the meeting as instructed and can be identified by their worker ID. Will there be any way during or after the meeting to present our worker IDs? You could send an e-mail to anyone who submitted it, explaining that only one of the two HITs will be accepted and that a second would result in rejection (thus paying the planned $5), and allowing them to return the second HIT if they've accepted it into their queue like I have while still approving the first one after the task on Wednesday."
I sent a very similar email. ....However, in the name of GI Joe.... "GO JOE!!"

Reactions: Azazael and Tribune

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score
Not quoting anyone in particular.

I mean they did put out a hit that said, "Do something next week and get paid." It's not next week yet... It's a tough situation but I think anyone who submitted early (rather than returning it) knew the risk they were taking.

Neo

Reaction score
not usually sometimes they set it at 85, but most of the times its 90 to do the HITs
Apparently its 65 this time. "KPA3 Qualification Survey is not less than 65 "

sinon

Watashi ga Kita!
Contributor
Reaction score
I keep getting yelled at by my current co-inhabitants to get off the couch and get a job.

Like really, why is the concept of work-from-home so unfathomable to some people?
Anytime I have ever told people IRL that I work from home on my computer, they assume either
a) I have all the time in the world to do anything (talk on the phone, go out, etc)
or
b) I'm lazy
I don't get it. Do they just love commuting to work for someone else? :shrug:

Tribune

Tribune of the Plebs
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score

Couch? Nobody told me there would be couches.

I must be doing it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.