05/20 - Mad Queen/King Monday!

Which TV series had the most disappointing final season/finale?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
He's finally learning that. When he lived here, he would complain about it when we bought off brand stuff, but now he's like, "have you tried (obscure label) bread? It's not that bad." ...
I had food like that growing up. I remember once seeing cups of yogurt that had all white packaging and black text that just said yogurt. Not even the flavor, just yogurt.

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
I had food like that growing up. I remember once seeing cups of yogurt that had all white packaging and black text that just said yogurt. Not even the flavor, just yogurt.
When I was a kid we never got anything special. My mom or grandma would try to make the name brand stuff at home and it would taste great, but look all weird. Like, homemade fruit roll ups, and my grandma tried to make oreos once and they were really weird looking......we told her she nailed it.

Princess Gina Marie

Contributor
Reaction score
My grandmother got something called commodities...I'm still not sure exactly what it was. I just know I opened her fridge once, and saw the revered "government cheese". Looked like Velveeta to me. :shrug:

turkleton

Muddarator
Reaction score
When I was a kid we never got anything special. My mom or grandma would try to make the name brand stuff at home and it would taste great, but look all weird. Like, homemade fruit roll ups, and my grandma tried to make oreos once and they were really weird looking......we told her she nailed it.
That's actually kind of sweet. We didn't have a lot of money, but also my mom was bad at managing money. So we have name brand snacks and chips and drinks, but everything else, cheese, milk, eggs, whatever, was store brand or lower.

Merovign

Contributor
Reaction score
My grandmother got something called commodities...I'm still not sure exactly what it was. I just know I opened her fridge once, and saw the revered "government cheese". Looked like Velveeta to me. :shrug:
Government surplus processed imitation cheese food product.

Edit: I saw fake cheese at the dollar store. The first ingredient was "modified food starch."

Last edited:

LucyO

Contributor
Sole Survivor
Reaction score
Those are superior though.
And nowadays, with the price of fruit being crazy.... kind of expensive. :(
I'm lucky there are a ton of farms around here that sell strawberries by the bushel (you have to pick them yourself, but the price isn't as bad as the store). When I was a kid, my uncle had a strawberry farm and we could have as many as we wanted as long as we helped when it was time to harvest them. It was great.
That's actually kind of sweet. We didn't have a lot of money, but also my mom was bad at managing money. So we have name brand snacks and chips and drinks, but everything else, cheese, milk, eggs, whatever, was store brand or lower.
I know the feeling. My sister and I joke that we got our bad money management genes from our parents. It took us a long time to figure it out on our own. Also, yeah, I had two really wonderful grandmas and was super lucky to have them growing up.

JenniLeigh

Batch Betta Have My Money
Contributor
Reaction score
We had commodities back in the day. There was a lot of junk in that "nutrition" but I don't want to know what would have happened without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.