05/22 - Meerkat Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalkingEmphasis

Banned
Banned
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't get to share my masters email with everyone because I wasn't on this forum back when I got it. So here is the one for photo moderation (back then, we got two separate emails, one for categorization and one for photo)

Congratulations! You have earned the Masters qualification for Photo Moderation. Congratulations! This is a great achievement and reflects your demonstrated excellence in completing these types of HITs.
Photo Moderation Masters is special qualification given to an elite group of Workers, who have demonstrated superior performance while completing thousands of HITs across the Marketplace. Masters must maintain this high level of performance or risk losing this distinction. Mechanical Turk has built technology which analyzes Worker performance, identifies high performing Workers and monitors their performance over time. Today, two types of Masters are available – Photo Moderation Masters and Categorization Masters.
Mechanical Turk Masters enjoy these special benefits:
• Exclusive access to HITs that require a Masters qualification.
• No more CAPTCHAs! That's right; we've removed the CAPTCHA for Masters on ALL of the HITs you complete.
• Access to a private forum just for Masters. You will receive a separate e-mail with instructions for how to join this private forum.
Kudos on earning the Photo Moderation Masters distinction!
Sincerely,
The Mechanical Turk Team
Masters forum? Does that still exist?

Reactions: Squatty

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm at 11 months and 85,250 approved, 14 rejections. I am so happy, but scared it's all a joke . . . :eek:
I'm at five years and 27000 hits... not a master though
:rain:

oh well, good to know they still hand it out. maybe next rollout I'll get it.

Reactions: Matilda Jones

Squatty

Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I didn't get to share my masters email with everyone because I wasn't on this forum back when I got it. So here is the one for photo moderation (back then, we got two separate emails, one for categorization and one for photo)

Congratulations! You have earned the Masters qualification for Photo Moderation. Congratulations! This is a great achievement and reflects your demonstrated excellence in completing these types of HITs.
Photo Moderation Masters is special qualification given to an elite group of Workers, who have demonstrated superior performance while completing thousands of HITs across the Marketplace. Masters must maintain this high level of performance or risk losing this distinction. Mechanical Turk has built technology which analyzes Worker performance, identifies high performing Workers and monitors their performance over time. Today, two types of Masters are available – Photo Moderation Masters and Categorization Masters.
Mechanical Turk Masters enjoy these special benefits:
• Exclusive access to HITs that require a Masters qualification.
• No more CAPTCHAs! That's right; we've removed the CAPTCHA for Masters on ALL of the HITs you complete.
• Access to a private forum just for Masters. You will receive a separate e-mail with instructions for how to join this private forum.
Kudos on earning the Photo Moderation Masters distinction!
Sincerely,
The Mechanical Turk Team
Does that private forum still exist?

aturkerhiding

Reaction score
Huh? You emailed a requester about rejections and got a reply from someone at Amazon about Masters?
No. After I contacted him they wrote me this.

Thanks for your feedback. This was an evaluation task and we were a bit strict with the evaluation. You got a 27/30 correct rate (90%) from you for our tasks and that is indeed very good quality work for us. The initial payment for the task is low but we are more than happy to pay through "Worker Bonus" for workers who are engaged, and demonstrate good quality along with quantity. In order to make up for your rejections, we will be sending you a batch of another 100 HITS and we promise to make it up for you. Please respond if you would be willing to take that up (we have raised the time limit per HIT to 5 min.).

Notes for future HITS:
------------------------------
The key thing we are trying to determine is whether the type of product indicated in the query matches the type of product described in Product Title. So for ex: If the query was "Berries" and product returned was some sausage containing "Berries" than that would not work for us because the requested item was a fruit vs. the returned item was a sausage. This is one single most important criteria for us while judging results (i.e. Product Type should exactly match).

I figured out on my own who the person was by their email.

ctraltDel

Contributor
Reaction score
Peoples who say they didn't get it. Did you guys just try accepting a masters hit? Also curious how many approved hits you guys have.(not like means anything)
I only have 35k and haven't been turking on a regular basis until around when I joined the forum. I'm not concerned about getting it as nice as it would be. I know people have been waiting ages to get it!

Reactions: The Bad Ash

The Bad Ash

Not Goody Little 2 Shoes
Contributor
Reaction score
I was so excited but then so, so sad. On top of the 2 rejections I got this week will go down as my saddest week in mturk history. :LOL:
Silver lining...At least we all know now that they ARE actually still giving masters out. So better luck next time etc? :wink:

Reactions: mypaperheart

SarahAshlee90

Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
http://www.mturkcrowd.com/threads/03-17-for-better-or-for-worse-friday.2187/page-53#post-707695

Title:Answer a survey about buying add-ons with other products
Requester:Amazon Requester Inc. - Add-on Products
Description: Give us your opinion about buying an add-on product along with your base purchase
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1200
Reward:$0.02
Qualifications:
CompletedAttachAgreement has not been granted; CompletedAttachLikelihood has not been granted;

everybody who got masters today did these hits? they posted this batch on other dates too.
I didn't

Reactions: Deleted member 526

Just another turker

I don't need no stinking Masters!
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Play conversational chat dialog 5x, ordering pizzas | PANDA
Worker: Preview | Accept | Requester
Requester: Ross Katz [A39Y3TZXIDWIMS] (Contact)
TO 1: Not Available
TO 2: Not Available
Description: Create a user profile, play the dialog 5 times (~1-2 min per play)
Time: 60 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: HIT approval rate (%) is greater than 80;
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v1.21.10
Only for people that are NOT Masters nor have said the word masters in the last 24 hours

electrolyte

The Ghost of MTurk Past
Contributor
Reaction score
No. After I contacted him they wrote me this.

Thanks for your feedback. This was an evaluation task and we were a bit strict with the evaluation. You got a 27/30 correct rate (90%) from you for our tasks and that is indeed very good quality work for us. The initial payment for the task is low but we are more than happy to pay through "Worker Bonus" for workers who are engaged, and demonstrate good quality along with quantity. In order to make up for your rejections, we will be sending you a batch of another 100 HITS and we promise to make it up for you. Please respond if you would be willing to take that up (we have raised the time limit per HIT to 5 min.).

Notes for future HITS:
------------------------------
The key thing we are trying to determine is whether the type of product indicated in the query matches the type of product described in Product Title. So for ex: If the query was "Berries" and product returned was some sausage containing "Berries" than that would not work for us because the requested item was a fruit vs. the returned item was a sausage. This is one single most important criteria for us while judging results (i.e. Product Type should exactly match).

I figured out on my own who the person was by their email.
Am I missing the part about how that has any connection to Masters?

Kliq

Reaction score
I returned my first Masters hit. It really is as amazing as people say, what an experience.
That freaking MS paint rat really puts posts like these over the top

Reactions: Pleco
Status
Not open for further replies.