05/23 - One Cent Wonders Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALinAL

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm wondering if school ending is why work seems way down right now.
Judging from my weekly reports, I did the same every week last summer as I always do. $250 - $300.
Might have to bear down a little bit and work a little harder for it, but it'll be okay. :thumbup:

Reactions: sofaslug

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Morning, all.

About to take the little dude to the store and buy a portable air conditioner for our cottage since Michigan has decided to flip the switch from 50s yesterday to 90s by the weekend.

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I decided yesterday I'm gonna sit down with a plate of food, tell him he can't have any, and wait. I guarantee he'll eat it.
they used to do that, but my son wised up, and my daughter will take a bite and then claw it out of her mouth if it's not one of her usual foods :banghead:

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My son eats everything. He's never stopping. I'm shocked he's 6 and only 40 pounds with how he eats lol
mine eats enough, it's just that he'll eat 2 bites of something and say he wants something else. repeat into infinity.

Jsws91

Reaction score
Theres a cap on these??

Amazon requester Determine secondary product to purchase

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
I told my kids last night I am never cooking for them again after once again, 2 of the 4 were like "EWWW" when I made dinner. Frozen pizzas for all!
ugh, that's so annoying. I gave up cooking for him again. he eats mainly cheese, yogurt, fruit, tortillas, and mac & cheese :/

Jharkan

Internets EXPERT
Contributor
Reaction score
because you had the right address. i don't know what that second address he sent you was
The requester is absolutely not interested in what the CORRECT information is, he only wants what MOST people say the right answer is.

case in point, last year's [part one] qual test was accepted if you provided the parcel number for the OTHER business the house owners manage. but if you provided the parcel number of the house [the RIGHT parcel number], you were rejected. and if you emailed and asked why, he specifically said he didn't care what the right address was, he only wanted to make sure that most people agreed, since crowed based knowledge is usually better than one individual's ability.

I showed him the map, i proved myself right beyond a shadow of a doubt, and he said he didn't care what the correct anwer was.

Last edited:

Sondi

Goddess of soup
Contributor
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
I'll trade you. I have to shop at Sam's Club for my son. Actual footage of Archimedes eating:

Ugh I would trade. Trying to do 'division of responsiblity' (I decide what/when they eat, they decide 'if'/how much) but it's like my main source of kid stress.

theturkscribe

Contributor
Reaction score
ugh, that's so annoying. I gave up cooking for him again. he eats mainly cheese, yogurt, fruit, tortillas, and mac & cheese :/
My daughter is 5 but it's always been a problem. The best I can do is make her try things and eat the veggies or uncommon things mostly during the day so we're not arguing at dinner because after 4pm you have to be more careful about picking your battles. She will eat plain broccoli and these kinds of things though so she's not a typical picky eater type. So dinner is the mac and cheese, ham, etc things she likes and there is at least some peace. None of the tricks worked like mixing foods together or anything like that.

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
My daughter is 5 but it's always been a problem. The best I can do is make her try things and eat the veggies or uncommon things mostly during the day so we're not arguing at dinner because after 4pm you have to be more careful about picking your battles. She will eat plain broccoli and these kinds of things though so she's not a typical picky eater type. So dinner is the mac and cheese, ham, etc things she likes and there is at least some peace. None of the tricks worked like mixing foods together or anything like that.
oh yeah, forgot about sandwiches and hot dogs. still not great :( yeah, mixing foods doesn't work for him either. he'll occasionally eat squash though, but only if someone else is eating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.