hoo?
Contributor
Mentor
Master Pleaser
Crowd Pleaser
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Title: Complete a short survey (5 minutes) | PANDA
Requester: Taichideo [AE7JBCNF8US46] (TO)
TO Ratings:
★★★★★ 3.79 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.06 Generosity
★★★★ 4.54 Fairness
★★★★ 4.59 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 70 | TOS Flags: 21
Submit a new TO review
Description: Answer some questions about an online chat.
Time: 15 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.50
Qualifications: Location is US

There are currently too many survey takers in progress, please try again later.

:disapprove:

Matilda Jones

Grey Ghost
Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Words Survey (15 minutes)
Requester: Positive Psych Lab [A28F03L4G2M7EM] (TO)
TO Ratings:

★★★★★ 0.00 Communicativity
★★★★ 4.00 Generosity
★★★★★ 5.00 Fairness
★★★★★ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 2 | TOS Flags: 0
Submit a new TO review
Description: In this 15 minute survey we are interested in your thoughts and feeling about specific words in the english language.
Time: 45 minutes
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $1.00
Qualifications: PosPsych 5.24.16 Past Workers has not been granted;HIT approval rate (%) is not less than 95;Location is US

Reactions: Tribune

Zuk011

A master of karate, and friendship, for everyone.
Contributor
Reaction score

Infinity

Masochist or Mturker? You decide.
Contributor
Reaction score
Man, I'm so sorry :( I qualed out of that one, just barely I think, and I'm glad I did now. I'm so sorry. I hope you feel better.

Thanks! I'm okay... just a bit terrified of what else they are going to throw at me. I kinda... squinted through the task to avoid really having to look (and said so in the feedback). It was set up as a routine task I've done a dozen times, except with unexpectedly graphic images. And, I'm really mad on the behalf of other participants because for me it was more of a "nope, I don't do gore. not for any amount of money. nope," but I'm sure it would be extremely triggering for others and, again, just so irresponsible imo.

But, that's my downer moment for the day! I feel better now! I was just super caught off guard. I've done 10k+ HITs and never come across something that gross and intense without warning of SOME kind.

Last edited:

Jaded

The real themildone
Administrator
Reaction score

Thanks! I'm okay... just a bit terrified of what else they are going to throw at me. I kinda... squinted through the task to avoid really having to look (and said so in the feedback). It was set up as a routine task I've done a dozen times, except with unexpectedly graphic images. And, I'm really mad on the behalf of other participants because for me it was more of a "nope, I don't do gore. not for any amount of money. nope," but I'm sure it would be extremely triggering for others and, again, just so irresponsible imo.
Sending you a PM.

Kessikitty

Issac the Todd
Contributor
Reaction score

Yeah, the survey I took was set up like that too, but no pictures.
This is kind of ridiculous, and they're not even paying you actual cash, just amazon GC? Thats such shit.

cassius

Reaction score
Yeah I agree. I always look at studies, and if I am uncertain about accepting them, sometimes I will look at the hit link to see what it's all about. I know my triggers very well and if I am not confident I can do a hit (like all those gore ones for example) I avoid it entirely. It just isn't worth the money to me if it means I'll have a panic attack or flashbacks of something. If it was me who had done that hit, I would've returned it at the point of panic and made sure to personally email their account if they provided that in the beginning of the study. But I ended up returning it before I got to the bad section so it did not personally impact me.
Don't watch this or listen is you are triggered easily:
https://youtu.be/FvEBmEo4IA0

Reactions: Kessikitty

TheDuck

Reaction score

BrewMeister

1) d4
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey just a heads up - If you did that survey from U of Georgia last week part 2 is now up. And check your email carefully - The email letting me know arrived in my Junk folder.....

Edit: Here it is:

Title: 10 Minute follow-up academic survey | PANDA
Requester: Meriem Hodge [ANVRLGYW3AJZX] (TO)
TO Ratings:

☢☢☢☢☢ 0.00 Communicativity
☢☢☢☢☢ 2.75 Generosity
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Fairness
☢☢☢☢☢ 5.00 Promptness
Number of Reviews: 5
(Submit a new TO rating for this requester)

Description: This is the follow-up academic survey from last week's first round about the way people make decisions. We need to understand your preferences over a number of hypothetical choices.
Time: 2 hours
Hits Available: 1
Reward: $1.50
Qualifications: Total approved HITs is greater than 0; Location is US

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.