05/28 - Turntable Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Ching

Reaction score
Kadauchi @Kadauchi Thanks for responding. Is there another discussion group somewhere about Turkernator? As I mentioned before I only saw the Reddit post and the latest post was like from 4 months ago?

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Good morning you (literally!) sick, twisted video gamer freaks!

World Health Organization just added video game addiction to the list of mental health disorders!

Go schedule your mental health therapist appointments, uhhhh, forgot, turkers are too poor to afford that. :wink:

SherryNotShirley

Contributor
Reaction score
Title: Psychology Research | PANDA
Requester: rcollaborationjhvt [A1GV10PK3XG46E] (Req TV): $17.54/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
psychology task
Time: 40 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

16 minutes of easy typing, watch the instructions

PandaThief

Reaction score

I Ching

Reaction score
Good morning you (literally!) sick, twisted video gamer freaks!

World Health Organization just added video game addiction to the list of mental health disorders!

Go schedule your mental health therapist appointments, uhhhh, forgot, turkers are too poor to afford that. :wink:

Good morning. If you or anyone else can't afford to seek mental health just google for your local social services which are typically free to very low cost.

Although personally, I would advise against taking any form of medications (SSRIS) as they are brain changing chemicals that I do believe in most cases end up being more detrimental than beneficial in the long run.

Before resorting to prescription medication for mental health issues please look into improving your diet and start excersising regularly. You would be surprised how impactful doing these two things can be for poor mental health issues.

Last edited:

I Ching

Reaction score
Title: Psychology Research | PANDA
Requester: rcollaborationjhvt [A1GV10PK3XG46E] (Req TV): $17.54/hr/hr
(TO): [Pay: N/A] [Fair: N/A] [Comm: N/A] [Fast: N/A]
Description:
psychology task
Time: 40 minutes(s)
HITs Available: 1
Reward: $0.60
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThan 100; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThan 95; Location EqualTo US;

16 minutes of easy typing, watch the instructions
I'm not sure typing for 16 minutes on a .60 cent hit is easy?

Reactions: cassius

TabethaC

Reaction score
Morning all. Took the last week or so off for a vacation. Now I'm back and hope to get some good hits in. Also, I finally managed to apply to Appen. How long does it usually take to hear back after the initial application?

Oh, and I hope that everyone in the US had a happy memorial day yesterday.

I Ching

Reaction score
Have you all noticed that there seems to be several hits that are typically rated as being $6 + hourly but when you do them they take way longer than that? I also noticed on a couple of hits that some will be rated poorly, yet they are way better than rated.

Could this be the result of a group of workers who purposely wrongfully rate HITS to throw the mass of workers off track so that they can have these hits to themselves in regards to poorly rated hits and in terms of good paying hits that are actually crappy, mean that they are senidng workers off on a wild goose chase by really doing a poorly rated hit that is rated good?

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Have you all noticed that there seems to be several hits that are typically rated as being $6 + hourly but when you do them they take way longer than that? I also noticed on a couple of hits that some will be rated poorly, yet they are way better than rated.

Could this be the result of a group of workers who purposely wrongfully rate HITS to throw the mass of workers off track so that they can have these hits to themselves in regards to poorly rated hits and in terms of good paying hits that are actually crappy, mean that they are senidng workers off on a wild goose chase by really doing a poorly rated hit that is rated good?
Yes, that has been a known issue for years, especially with requesters that post batches. Turk Opticon has a track record of being horrible about policing their reviews.

scrmcasey

Skynet Aide
Gamemaster
Sole Survivor
Reaction score

Are you talking about times from TV? They are an average of all hits by that requester. I usually try to dig a little deeper and look at the individual times for the specific survey I'm taking, especially if I'm tired of doing surveys that day.

I Ching

Reaction score
Morning all! :coffee2:

Hope everyone has stayed safe from recent tornados/flooding/other crazy weather we've had lately!

Crazy weather right? My step dad was sitting and clutching his rosary saying prayers and then I yelled "Judgement day is upon us!" and he said "Shut the 8888 up and Get the 8888 out of here! Judgement day is not here!"

Reactions: KittyTacos
Status
Not open for further replies.