05/28 - Turntable Tuesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Ching

Reaction score
Yes, that has been a known issue for years, especially with requesters that post batches. Turk Opticon has a track record of being horrible about policing their reviews.
Yeah, I pretty much knew it to be certain through experience although I have not seen anyone else talk about it.

I Ching

Reaction score
Are you talking about times from TV? They are an average of all hits by that requester. I usually try to dig a little deeper and look at the individual times for the specific survey I'm taking, especially if I'm tired of doing surveys that day.
Well, I started noticing this mostly through TO. But when I switched over to TV I have seen a couple instances as well.

Everyone out protecting that mighty green dollar that has the globe at odds. :) Understandable. It does make the world go around as they say. Well, on paper it does. I think the rotation of the Earth has something to do with gravity or something? I dunno.

FrenchToast

best thing since sliced bread
Reaction score
Crazy weather right? My step dad was sitting and clutching his rosary saying prayers and then I yelled "Judgement day is upon us!" and he said "Shut the 8888 up and Get the 8888 out of here! Judgement day is not here!"
Yeah last week we had a tornado about 10 miles from my house. I didn't even know there was a warning until 10 minutes after it was issued. Thankfully it was just a small EF0, but still scary since I didn't know, and we don't get a lot of tornados up here!

Sailor Ripley

Reaction score
Crazy weather right? My step dad was sitting and clutching his rosary saying prayers and then I yelled "Judgement day is upon us!" and he said "Shut the 8888 up and Get the 8888 out of here! Judgement day is not here!"
That is pretty funny, but I can say those things do feel like it. I was smack in the middle of one of the most affected areas during the 'Super Tuesday Tornado Outbreak' in 2008. I didn't have a weather alert system. The thing hit a gas pipeline a few towns over triggering an explosion--I literally walked outside to see the sky on fire and half of my town looking like a post-apocalypse movie after the long range EF3.

Last edited:

rsmath

Hatch Green Chile
Reaction score
Global warming, right!

I believe - changes weather patterns which causes wacky weather. It's weird that the mountains of southern Colorado are still getting snow and we're at Memorial Day (and at Purgatory resort near Durango, they opened for both Memorial day SKIING and whatever you could call their summer activities consdering there was snow on the ground).

Central New Mexico has been wetter than it has been in years by this time in the calendar year and seems cooler than normal. It seems tornados have struck the midwest more than they probably do by this time in a normal season and weird weather patterns probably has led to the crazy hot weather in the Carolinas that they've seen in the last few days.

SherryNotShirley

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not sure typing for 16 minutes on a .60 cent hit is easy?
Oh I forgot to say I'm slow on that one. Most people can cut whatever my time is in half on
anything I post. Slim pickings this morning.:angelic:

themildone

the real Jaded
Contributor
HIT Poster
Reaction score
Global warming, right!

I believe - changes weather patterns which causes wacky weather. It's weird that the mountains of southern Colorado are still getting snow and we're at Memorial Day (and at Purgatory resort near Durango, they opened for both Memorial day SKIING and whatever you could call their summer activities consdering there was snow on the ground).

Central New Mexico has been wetter than it has been in years by this time in the calendar year and seems cooler than normal. It seems tornados have struck the midwest more than they probably do by this time in a normal season and weird weather patterns probably has led to the crazy hot weather in the Carolinas that they've seen in the last few days.
global warming doesn't mean there won't be snow or even more snow than usual. It causes extreme weather patterns, which can include crazy snowstorms.

sofaslug

my cat's he-bitch
Reaction score
Title: 5-minute academic survey with $0.5 completion award and the chance to earn additional payment.(~ 5 minutes) | Accept
Requester: Labor Experiment20 [A1F9YCOYH0B6A4] Contact
TV: [Hrly=$18.78] [Pay=Generous] [Approval=~24 hrs] [Comm=Excellent] [Rej=0] [Blk=0]
TO: [Pay=4.33] [Fast=5.00] [Comm=0.00] [Fair=5.00] [Reviews=6] [ToS=0]
TO2: [Hrly=8.78] [Pen=1.52] [Res=null] [Rec=100] [Rej=0] [ToS=0] [Brk=0]
Reward: 0.50
Duration: 1:00:00
Available: 1
Description: This HIT is for a research study. You will receive a guaranteed payment of $0.5 upon completion and have the chance to earn additional payment that will equal anywhere from 0 to 100 cents. This study asks you to make a series of decisions. These decisions may impact your additional payment.
Qualifications: Total approved HITs GreaterThanOrEqualTo 100; Exc: [200552614-149211] DoesNotExist ; HIT approval rate (%) GreaterThanOrEqualTo 96; Location In US
[tr][td]
HIT exported from Mturk Suite v2.6.12
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]
3:30, easy[/td][/tr]

savvy

goin' down to the yee-haw
Reaction score
Good morning.

I have 16 hours of work to do like 30 hours of work this week so I probably won't be around much, at least today.

I'll be around thursday morning until my flight, and then I won't be able to turk for 8 days! I don't know what I will do with myself. But I'll come visit on here, promise.

Tandem In Time

Tandem in Space
Crowd Pleaser
Reaction score
This close to summer I think college researchers tend to take the entire week off for holidays.
More likely busy with final exams, graduation related stuff, and other end-of-the-year business, rather than vacation.

Summer is also often when a lot of researchers have time free from their teaching obligations, and grad students from TAing or classes... So they catch up on travel to research conferences.

As a result, data-collection slows as they're focusing instead on summarizing their more recent data in preparation for conference talks and research posters.

Last edited:

I Ching

Reaction score
That is pretty funny, but I can say those things do feel like it. I was smack in the middle of one of the most affected areas during the 'Super Tuesday Tornado Outbreak' in 2008. I didn't have a weather alert system. The thing hit a gas pipeline a few towns over triggering an explosion--I literally walked outside to see the sky on fire and half of my town looking like a post-apocalypse movie after the long range EF3.
Dang. I couldn't imagine that. But I have actually been in a couple of tornados as a kid and I remember them being terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.